You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Raylan Alleman said fixthefamily.com is entering its 4th filming seaso...
- LarryW2LJ said Please keep Donald McClarey and his wife Catherine...
- William Tighe said St. Francis of Assisi was ordained to the diaconat...
- MattH said Are there any guidelines for mixing the Latin and...
- e.e. said Please pray for us as we continue our journey to a...
- Johnno said This letter is most likely from someone who just d...
- Art said Just had an on-site interview after being away fro...
- lizaanne said For my cousin, Anne. Anne (we call her Annie) is i...
- Gregg the Obscure said A few things on this lovely day. 1. It is my wife...
- Ann Roth said After months of planning and much prayer, my son h...
- cantrix said For my mother, diagnosed with colon cancer a few w...
- mamajen said Oh, yes! I’ve been waiting for this thread s...
- lizaanne said We live in a charming little 1950s bungalow. So c...
- CatholicCoffee said I will add the above requests and all posted here,...
- Angie Mcs said Please pray for the soul of my cousin, Kathy. She...
- Jeannie_C said For Mamajen, a regular commenter, who was schedule...
- Scott W. said “a few just won’t give up their protest̶...
- Gratias said With Benedict XVI retired we will have to fight fo...
- scholastica said You know you’re truly Catholic when you need...
- The Sicilian Woman said P.S. Chantgirl, congratulations on the baby, and...
- The Sicilian Woman said For the repose of the souls of our departed milita...
- chantgirl said I recently found out that I’m about 9 weeks...
- AvantiBev said I have read your comments. Most of you men; many...
- Cincinnati Priest said Regarding the assumption that it is more likely th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said James Joseph, What, I wondered, might Chester A. &...
- FrDulli said I would like to pray for the Holy Spirit to give t...
- Cathy said I do get concerned when deacon’s wives are h...
- StWinefride said I can’t be in London sadly, however I did se...
- donato2 said “Let us also pray for the unwitting agents o...
- APX said Oh wait. My bad. I forgot it’s the 21st Cent...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 1 October 2008
Yesterday I posted that I was watching my DVD Papacy of Reason: Inside the Mind of Benedict XVI. I posted a clip wherein liturgy is discussed. Lot’s of you looked at that clip!
Here is the intro section, just to spur … Continue reading
Why is Gwen Ifill to be the moderator of the Palin-Biden VP debate?
Gwen Ifill has written a highly favorable book about Sen. Obama, Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama.
The release of the book is 20 January. … Continue reading
I am still working on the pork roast, but last night, hungry, I added some pasta. I made a sauce from things grown here in the Sabine garden.
You can see my sweet and small hot peppers, garlic, tomatoes, basil, garlic, … Continue reading
I tried to figure out how to make cuts in this, but it is all so good that I think you should read it in its entirety.
This is long, but it is good and closely argued. You have to pay … Continue reading
You heard, I am sure, about the Vatican Gendarmerie joining Interpol.
There is a ZENIT story about this.
There is more to this than meets the eye.
For the last year or so the Secretariat of State has been preferring the Gendarmerie … Continue reading
I have to put this up in Italian for now, because I am simply stunned.
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli is all over this one.
There are some serious problems in Italy concerning respect for and implementation of the provisions of Summorum … Continue reading
Here we go again.
I got a question from a reader:
As I greatly enjoy cooking, your last few posts have been a treat! Thank you for your blog and its plethora of liturgical and culinary delights.
[O]ur pastor is going to be … Continue reading
There are those who hesitate to praise the work of Romano Guardini, a titanic figure in the Liturgical Movement of last century. He is sometimes looked at as being too close to the Beauduin camp.
But his influence is indisputable and … Continue reading
Bishops far and wide are getting involved this year.
My emphases and comments added to this article from the OregonLive.com.
Archbishop takes Gov. Kulongoski to task over abortion-rights event
by Dave Hogan, The Oregonian
Tuesday September 30, 2008, 10:22 PM
In a … Continue reading