You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Phil_NL said Cosmos, The assumption that people feel ill at eas...
- Clinton R. said It is unfortunate that so many already are interpr...
- Matthias1 said I like the following comment someone made: –...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I have limited time to watch this thread at the mo...
- Priam1184 said In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram…
- johnmann said Would you fulfill your natural law obligation by a...
- chonak said If I understand it right, communicatio in sacris i...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, ultimately you are saying (and I agree) t...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters No disrespect, doc. I think t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Still waiting for (a) a prohibition that is curren...
- Giuseppe said I agree with Father Z. Out of respect for the Ort...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters Pius XI (1928) in the encyclic...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: Speaking for myself, it’s not a ques...
- John Scott said Fr. Z, THANK YOU for pointing out with tact and re...
- anilwang said Ignatius says: “the Eastern Orthodox faith i...
- Fr Martin Fox said What I’m going to say would seem to be obvio...
- UncleBlobb said “And who knows how what Francis says in thes...
- iPadre said Two things: 1. I think the Vatican News Services d...
- Imrahil said Dear @Fr Fox, thank you very much. Dear @wmeyer, I...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “What about the prohibition on praying with...
- Fr Martin Fox said Patricius: You may deem the Orthodox to be heretic...
- trad catholic mom said You can receive the antidoron ( leavened blessed b...
- NYer said How can anyone look at images such as these and no...
- ronconte said Suppose — as a pure hypothetical — tha...
- PatriciusOenus said @ AJS @Fr. AJ I wasn’t talking about Eastern...
- Ignatius said What smad0142 said. Though we cannot pass judgmen...
- anilwang said onosurf says: “Communion from Greek Orthodox...
- Supertradmum said The 1969 North American Greek Orthodox Theological...
- Cosmos said Why can’t we just admit that we (meaning the...
- smad0142 said As a Ukrainian Catholic I have always struggled wi...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 22 November 2008
The Weblog Awards are again underway.
Will you be so good as to help WDTPRS make a good showing?
Please nominate us!
You will need:
address: http://www.wdtprs.com/blog/rss: http://wdtprs.com/blog/?feed=rss2
We must make sure our Catholic blogs do well!
Thanks for all your support! This blog is … Continue reading
Didn’t I, just the other day, tell you readers that faithful Catholics would be accused of hate speech if we stick faithfully to what the Church teaches?
Get this. You can’t make things up fast enough.
S. Carolina councilwoman apologizes for describing … Continue reading
Speaking of the Sabine Farm, this is is from the excellent Laudator Temporis Acti whom I check daily.
I would love to hear a Scot read this properly! I would probably do a PODCAzT with an audio mp3, were someone to … Continue reading
I don’t have much culinary news to report. Things have been very simple at the Sabine Farm of late. My busy days have been characterized mostly by a some oatmeal in the morning, ramen in the day or a sandwich, … Continue reading
I just received from a friend a fruitcake made by Trappists at Assumption Abbey in Missouri.
This year I think I will use mugs from the Say The Black Do The Red cafepress site as well as things from monasteries and … Continue reading
Please see the following announcement from the Fraternity of St. Peter in England and Wales:-
The FSSP-served Sunday Mass in the Northampton diocese will move from Bedford 4pm to Flitwick 5pm as of 1st Advent Sunday 2008. The new parish … Continue reading
This is a letter to the New York Times from the head of the dissident, pro-abortion group Catholics for Choice. My emphases and comments.
November 22, 2008LetterThe Catholic Conscience [More and more we will see this word "conscience" misused by dissenters.]
To … Continue reading
News flash from our friend John Sonnen of Orbis CatholicusMonday, Dec. 8Feast of the Immaculate Conception10 a.m. Solemn Pontifical Massat Ss. Trinita’ dei Pellegrini in Romewill be celebrated by George Card. Pell of Sydney Australia.
Sunday, Nov. 30First Sunday of Advent4 … Continue reading
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli has this on his blog (my translation and emphases):
Benedict XVI want "a different placement of the sign of peace during Mass". The Prefect for the Congregation for Divine Worship, Francis Card. Arinze, announced this in an … Continue reading