Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- incredulous said The Masked Chicken says: 10 March 2014 at 11:42 am...
- Paulo said Coming a little late to the combox, but I thought...
- Langsey said It will be interesting when she asks for a divorce...
- The Masked Chicken said “And yet there is a striking dearth of citat...
- lucy said Prayers sent your way. I will offer all the pain...
- Tony McGough said Our sermon consisted of a lenten pastoral letter f...
- Sword40 said Portland has the foundations of developing a great...
- Patti Day said The most impressive point for me is that the befor...
- Ed the Roman said you will never know the answer to the question, “d...
- The Masked Chicken said “Further, a 223 round weights approximately...
- Dr. Lee Fratantuono said And yet there is a striking dearth of citations in...
- Henry Edwards said jflare, I don’t think “Save the liturg...
- The Masked Chicken said Well, look on the bright side – there will,...
- Bob B. said @robtbrown: No, I went to Salina HS. Sometime dur...
- marthawrites said We visited a church in western PA yesterday for Ma...
- Michael said Yes, unfortunately these past two mornings I have...
- jameeka said Fr Z–I like your version of “opusR...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said The first syllable receives the stress in English.
- pannw said Man was made to be free. It was so important to G...
- Nicholas Shaler said So my dad and I were discussing something, and. I...
- SKAY said Prayers both for your health and safety and also...
- AVL said This was great to listen to on a Monday morning. T...
- St Donatus said Katherine, again, having grown up in the area, the...
- BLB Oregon said The problem the Archdiocese in Portland in general...
- wmeyer said Prayers offered, for your health, your travel, and...
- Sonshine135 said Another great reflection. Thank you Father.
- Torpedo1 said we were driving on our way to St. Agnes yesterday...
- Konrad said Sounds like a Terry Pratchett discworld novel: htt...
- FXR2 said Thank God for Bishop Sample! Pray for more like hi...
- Sonshine135 said Prayers have been sent to heaven requesting the in...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 22 November 2008
The Weblog Awards are again underway.
Will you be so good as to help WDTPRS make a good showing?
Please nominate us!
You will need:
address: http://www.wdtprs.com/blog/rss: http://wdtprs.com/blog/?feed=rss2
We must make sure our Catholic blogs do well!
Thanks for all your support! This blog is … Continue reading
Didn’t I, just the other day, tell you readers that faithful Catholics would be accused of hate speech if we stick faithfully to what the Church teaches?
Get this. You can’t make things up fast enough.
S. Carolina councilwoman apologizes for describing … Continue reading
Speaking of the Sabine Farm, this is is from the excellent Laudator Temporis Acti whom I check daily.
I would love to hear a Scot read this properly! I would probably do a PODCAzT with an audio mp3, were someone to … Continue reading
I don’t have much culinary news to report. Things have been very simple at the Sabine Farm of late. My busy days have been characterized mostly by a some oatmeal in the morning, ramen in the day or a sandwich, … Continue reading
I just received from a friend a fruitcake made by Trappists at Assumption Abbey in Missouri.
This year I think I will use mugs from the Say The Black Do The Red cafepress site as well as things from monasteries and … Continue reading
Please see the following announcement from the Fraternity of St. Peter in England and Wales:-
The FSSP-served Sunday Mass in the Northampton diocese will move from Bedford 4pm to Flitwick 5pm as of 1st Advent Sunday 2008. The new parish … Continue reading
This is a letter to the New York Times from the head of the dissident, pro-abortion group Catholics for Choice. My emphases and comments.
November 22, 2008LetterThe Catholic Conscience [More and more we will see this word "conscience" misused by dissenters.]
To … Continue reading
News flash from our friend John Sonnen of Orbis CatholicusMonday, Dec. 8Feast of the Immaculate Conception10 a.m. Solemn Pontifical Massat Ss. Trinita’ dei Pellegrini in Romewill be celebrated by George Card. Pell of Sydney Australia.
Sunday, Nov. 30First Sunday of Advent4 … Continue reading
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli has this on his blog (my translation and emphases):
Benedict XVI want "a different placement of the sign of peace during Mass". The Prefect for the Congregation for Divine Worship, Francis Card. Arinze, announced this in an … Continue reading