Prayers requested

In your kindness will you please pray, now and regularly, for Philip Johnson, a Naval officer who has been diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer.  I met him during my last visit to Norfolk, VA.

Here is his blog, In caritate non ficta.

This entry was posted in SESSIUNCULA. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Prayers requested

1. George Festa says:

We’ll remember Phillip Johnson in our family roasry .

The Festa Family

2. shadrach says:

Done. Wishing him every blessing.

3. Al says:

Very sorry to hear. My prayers are with him..

4. praying………………………

5. William says:

I am praying for him daily. Just a thought: perhaps we could all pray for him to Ven. Chiara Badano, the young Venerable who herself suffered from cancer with great virtue.

6. michael r. says:

Will keep him in my prayers.

7. Your prayer intentions are mine, Father.

8. Fr. Parkerson says:

Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf,
    Thank you so much for posting this plea for prayers on Philip Johnson’s behalf. Phil is my parishioner when he is home, and his immediate family members travel from three different cities (his parents from two hours away in Greensboro) EVERY Sunday for the Mass in the Extraordinary Form at our Parish of Sacred Heart in Dunn. Philip’s mother was among the first group of confirmandi for which Bishop Burbidge extended to me the faculty to Confirm in the Usus Antiquior. The unwavering dedication of his family to the Church and to the older Mass has truly been made manifest in the most noble and holy manner by which Phil has embraced this Cross in his life – one which is as shocking as it is humbling. How many of us of much greater age and ecclesiastical experience would not be so graceful were we to receive the same Cross? I dare say I would not be so holy – which makes this 24 year old man, who is not a priest (although he ought to be) – an inspiration to me and an example of priestly sacrifice.

Phil has asked that we pray for him through the intercession of Fr. Thomas Price (the first native North Carolinian ever ordained to the priesthood – and a distant relative of Philip’s), whose case is presently being prepared for review by the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, if I am not mistaken. There is a prayer to Fr. Price for Phil composed by one of the priests of our diocese (Raleigh) which I hope will receive some sort of recognitio eventually. If you will permit me to reproduce it here so that others who choose to may pray it for Philip, I would be most grateful. May God bless you, Fr. Zuhlsdorf, and thank you and all your readers for your prayers for Philip Johnson.

Father Thomas Frederick Price, intercede for our brother, Philip Gerard Johnson. Heavenly Father, who desires that the faithful be drawn to the heroic virtues of Your priest, Fr. Thomas Frederick Price, grant Your healing gifts to Your son, Philip Gerard Johnson. We ask this in the Holy Name of Your Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

***

9. mcitl says:

Yes, Fr Parkerson, you are correct. The Maryknoll order is pursuing the cause of Fr Price and a member of the order is assigned to this work at present. I met and spoke recently in Rome with the new general and he is aware of Philip and his plight. They are also praying for him.

Thank you for taking such good pastoral care of Philip and his family, so in need at this time.

Pax et bonum,
    Fr C

10. I agree with Fr. Parkerson about the grace issue. I paid his blog a visit and was moved enough to make a post not just about praying for him, but learning from him. Indeed, God is sending him graces and he is acting on them.

His latest post, Deriving Strength from the Eucharist is worth reading more than once.

11. PGJ says:

All,

Thank you very much for your prayers for me. I am positive that the Lord is hearing them, and that His Will is being carried out in my life. I had planned to enter the seminary after my service in the Navy, and I have some very important meetings coming up which will determine if I will be permitted to enter the seminary in the fall. It is my desire to die as a priest, and I ask you to kindly keep this intention in your prayers.

God bless you!

In Christ,
    Philip Johnson

12. Jane says:

Praying right now.

13. Andreas says:

Add my prayers also with the others. That website is “strong wine” – not for the fainthearted.