Please see the following announcement from the Fraternity of St. Peter in England and Wales:-
The FSSP-served Sunday Mass in the Northampton diocese will move from Bedford 4pm to Flitwick 5pm as of 1st Advent Sunday 2008. The new parish church is 5mn from the M1 motorway, junction 12.
Motive: Unlike our previous location in Bedford, Sacred Heart church Flitwick has a hall with kitchen and a car park, which will enable us to meet after Mass (and possibly before) for social gathering and catechism according to the needs. We are also very glad that Parish Priest Canon Denis McSweeney is supportive of the traditional Mass and will kindly provide matching vestments, vessels and liturgical items for a dignified offering of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Acknowledgments: I would like to express our gratitude to Rt Rev Peter Doyle, Bishop of Northampton, who has kindly approved of the FSSP’s request to relocate in Flitwick its regular ministry in his diocese, as well as to Canon Denis McSweeney and his parishioners for their friendly welcome into the parish. We will not forget in our prayer the clergy and parishioners at the Polish parish in Bedford who had kindly welcomed us in our previous location.
Your support: Please kindly forward this information to whoever might be interested. All are welcome to come and attend, and offer their services for singing, serving, setting up the parish hall etc. I am looking forward to meeting you in Flitwick for the beginning of the liturgical year on Sunday 30th November at 5pm. We will begin Advent with a Sung Mass. Please bring cakes, tea and coffee.
Flitwick Mass announcements:
• due to previously scheduled parish event, the Mass on Sunday 14th December 2008 will exceptionally start at 4pm instead of 5pm
• please email me back if you would wish to attend Mass in Flitwick on Christmas day (Thursday 25th December 2008) at 5pm, as this Mass might be added only if there is sufficient interest.
• Parish website: http://www.sacredheartflitwick.co.uk/
• Postal address: Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Pope Close, Flitwick MK45 1JP, England
• Location: The Sacred Heart Catholic church is located on the southern outskirts of the Bedfordshire town of Flitwick on the A5120 trunk road that leads to the M1 motorway.
• Directions from the M1 motorway: Exit the motorway at junction 12 and follow the signs to Flitwick, you will now be on the A5120 trunk road. Continue on through the village of Westoning, at the Bell public house carry on over the mini roundabout. Continue on for one mile and turn right into Vicarage Hill. Pope Close is immediately on the right. There is ample parking in the church car park.
Wishing you a good preparation for Advent,
Cordially yours in Our Lady,
Fr Armand de Malleray, FSSP
P.S. 1. Reminder: a few places are still available for the Advent retreat I will preach at Douai Abbey, Berkshire, 8-11 December 2008, on “Our Lady and the Incarnation” (global price all included full board single room : £137) – contact me soon for booking.
P.S.2. December 25th in Reading: Christmas Sung Midnight Mass at MIDNIGHT, and at 11am.