You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- William Tighe said St. Francis of Assisi was ordained to the diaconat...
- MattH said Are there any guidelines for mixing the Latin and...
- e.e. said Please pray for us as we continue our journey to a...
- Johnno said This letter is most likely from someone who just d...
- Art said Just had an on-site interview after being away fro...
- lizaanne said For my cousin, Anne. Anne (we call her Annie) is i...
- Gregg the Obscure said A few things on this lovely day. 1. It is my wife...
- Ann Roth said After months of planning and much prayer, my son h...
- cantrix said For my mother, diagnosed with colon cancer a few w...
- mamajen said Oh, yes! I’ve been waiting for this thread s...
- lizaanne said We live in a charming little 1950s bungalow. So c...
- CatholicCoffee said I will add the above requests and all posted here,...
- Angie Mcs said Please pray for the soul of my cousin, Kathy. She...
- Jeannie_C said For Mamajen, a regular commenter, who was schedule...
- Scott W. said “a few just won’t give up their protest̶...
- Gratias said With Benedict XVI retired we will have to fight fo...
- scholastica said You know you’re truly Catholic when you need...
- The Sicilian Woman said P.S. Chantgirl, congratulations on the baby, and...
- The Sicilian Woman said For the repose of the souls of our departed milita...
- chantgirl said I recently found out that I’m about 9 weeks...
- AvantiBev said I have read your comments. Most of you men; many...
- Cincinnati Priest said Regarding the assumption that it is more likely th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said James Joseph, What, I wondered, might Chester A. &...
- FrDulli said I would like to pray for the Holy Spirit to give t...
- Cathy said I do get concerned when deacon’s wives are h...
- StWinefride said I can’t be in London sadly, however I did se...
- donato2 said “Let us also pray for the unwitting agents o...
- APX said Oh wait. My bad. I forgot it’s the 21st Cent...
- APX said Great idea! If you’re up for it, why not start? I...
- BLB Oregon said Our new archbishop, while he was bishop of Marquet...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 1 December 2008
We continue to look at our prayers for Mass during Advent.
SUPER OBLATA (2002MR)Suscipe, quaesumus, Domine, muneraquae de tuis offerimus collata beneficiis,et, quod nostrae devotioni concedis effici temporali,tuae nobis fiat praemium redemptionis aeternae.
This prayer is in the ancient Veronese Sacramentary amongst … Continue reading
In the Italian monthly 30 Giorni His Eminence Francis Card. Arinze, Prefect of the CDWDS, explains some changes made to the new printing of the 3rd, 2002 edition of the Missale Romanum. You have all heard about some of them, … Continue reading
Sometimes when we who watch the Holy See closely are looking for clues about what might happen in the near future, we watch the audience lists.
Consider that His Eminence Francis Card. Arinze, Prefect of the CDWDS, has recently celebrated his … Continue reading
Today in the newer calendar, it is Monday of the 1st Week of Advent.
The Collect today is ancient. You can find it in the Gelasian Sacramentary in the Orationes de aduentu Domini. It is also in the Liber sacramentorum or … Continue reading
In Rome there was a Pontifical TLM sung by the President of the Pont. Comm. Ecclesia Dei, His Eminence Dario Card. Castrillon Hoyos in the Roman Basilia of St. Mary of the Angels and the Martyrs in the Chapel of … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am happy to inform you that for the first time after liturgical reform in Poland, polish ordinary celebrated Traditional Latin Mass. Bishop Wac?aw Depo (55), ordinary of Zamo?? – Lubaczów diocese, celebrated the Mass on the first … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I [recently] presided at a wedding in my parish. I also attended the reception at which the Best Man gave the customary speech/toast.
The Best Man was the Groom’s nephew and in the course of a lengthy … Continue reading
Here is a snapshot from the last few mintues of the locations where many of you are when you log in to WDTPRS. These locations are not necessarily exact.
San Diego, California Staples, Minnesota Buffalo, New York London, London, City of … Continue reading
From a reader. Does anyone know anything about this?
"The Post Office is to issue both secular stamps and Religious stamps but like last year, you have to stipulate if you want religious!! Apparently each PO has been asked to send … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr. Z, At St. Margaret’s Church in Oceanside, CA, our pastor, Fr. Cavanna Wallace has been using the "Benedictine arrangement" of candles and crucifix since August (when it was introduced with a catechetical homily).
This morning, we … Continue reading