Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Seppe said In 1989, Edouard Cardinal Gagnon, who served as Pr...
- RAve said The priest (a good Jesuit) discussed that we have...
- southernpriest said This weekend I built on my homily of last weekend...
- andia said The priest told us about his vocation call, and ta...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Boanerges says: 511s Yep. 5.11 is my clerical dre...
- Bosco said Dear Father Z, What springs to my mind as analagou...
- Boanerges said 511s and combat boots? “dressed in battle ar
- tzabiega said Since I am a Pole, I will say instead Je Suis Jan...
- PA mom said A more thorough knowledge of history would do our...
- juergensen said British historian Paul Johnson, in the October 15,...
- juergensen said We need a Pope Urban III.
- Stephen Matthew said Another way of looking at temporal punishment: Con...
- arrowsmith said @SKAY What is wrong with studying a religion other...
- marcelus said Confessions often seem like a procedure, a formali...
- Boniface said How very Italian! Grappa is the one alcoholic drin...
- Cavaliere said After Mohammed’s death the merchant class th...
- jflare said I said more accurately that you seem to reject the...
- marcelus said exactly the way a 70 something argentine man would...
- Gratias said “The spirit of worldliness” is what ma...
- Allan S. said I am aware of these unsettling concerns. Getting...
- jameeka said Who would be the new Charles Martel?
- slainewe said “It makes me wonder what the sisters in cloi...
- SophiaGrace said Continued prayers for your safe and uneventful tra...
- Pie and Palestrina said mysticalrose: Our esteemed host and a few other co...
- Mojoron said It was interesting that cost of the tribunal was m...
- Andkaras said It all brings to my mind the final scene of ”...
- LeGrandDerangement said Read the article. “Islamic faith” is...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said My motto is “nail your foot to the floor in...
- SKAY said Notre Dame will now have an Islamic endowed profe...
- mysticalrose said Thanks for the response, Fr. Z! And good example,...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
- Undeveloped photos from WWII found
- Travel altar cards for TLM – special sale
- Holy Communion at mega Mass in Manila – POLLS
- “Five Revealing Details” about Pope Francis
- Have Catholic Democrats heard Pope Francis’ denunciation of same-sex stuff?
- ITALY: Muslims smash, urinate on statue of Mary
- ACTION ITEM – POLL – Card. Burke on Church becoming “feminized” UPDATE
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 5 December 2008
From the Catholic Key Blog:
Spread some Beauty for Christmas
Kansas City – St. Joseph’s own Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles have a new CD out titled "Echoes of Ephesus".
This is a very young, rapidly growing and … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr. John Weyer, pastor of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, passed away on Thursday, December 4, 2008. Although Father had been receiving ongoing treatment for cancer, he developed pneumonia and was admitted into ICU. He passed away … Continue reading
Have you not yet heard the most recent PODCAzTs?
I’d like to have a bump to the stats for a few of them before I settle in to make the next one, which will probably focus on another Advent hymn from … Continue reading
The other day, 4 December, the great Fr. Nicola Bux (happy onomasitico in advance) had a piece in L’Osservatore Romano on liturgy.
You might remember The Bux Protocol. He is also author of the recent La Riforma di Benedetto XVI: la … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Reverend Father Zuhlsdorf, I was asked and agreed to be an R.C.I.A. sponsor for a family member. The family member is about to marry a Roman Catholic who "Would not personally have an abortion but believes in a … Continue reading
Who can educate me about USTREAM.TV?
Vatican Official Considers Aquinas’ Comeback
Recalls How Morality Was Scorned in the 60s
By Antonio Gaspari
ROME, DEC. 3, 2008 (Zenit.org).- Moral theology based on St. Thomas Aquinas is among one of theology’s most popular branches today, says a Vatican official, but … Continue reading
From a reader:
Just to let you know what is happening in Finland…
Yesterday we have opened a new webpage to specifically tell about the activities and visits of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter in Finland: http://fsspfinland.wordpress.com/
The Home Page of the … Continue reading
On AsiaNews I read that Pope Benedict spoke to participants in the plenary session of the International Theological Commission. He outlined the guidelines theologians must follow in their work as he discussed the Commission’s own study on the “nature of … Continue reading