When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- gaudete said The official press release of the German Bishops...
- CharlesG said The indispensable Edward Pentin had a somewhat mor...
- The Masked Chicken said I would like to ask for prayers. I am going throu...
- Gerard Plourde said Prayers and best wishes on your anniversary. May t...
- gramma10 said Check out if you have time: History of Substance A...
- Kathleen10 said Who said “God put limits on man’s inte...
- WYMiriam said Dear Oklahoma priest, thank you so very much for d...
- WYMiriam said Blessings on your head, Father Z, on this special...
- gramma10 said God will not be mocked!
- Darrin said I fear the outcome in Ireland is an example of thi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said More information from someone quoted in the Guardi...
- pjthom81 said I was trying to look at the challenges in the US a...
- benedetta said I don’t think anyone here will ever disagree...
- Archicantor said Agreed 100%, Suburbanbanshee. And unfortunately,...
- Bea said CONGRATULATIONS, FATHER 24 Years and what a day it...
- Philippa Martyr said “24 today, 24 today, he’s got the keys...
- Venerator Sti Lot said discens writes, “In fact, morally speaking,...
- Dr. Eric said Happy Anniversary, Fr. Z! Ad Multos Annos!
- Fr_Sotelo said You have fought the good fight. You have run the r...
- Giuseppe said Here’s the best analysis of the decreased pe...
- Venerator Sti Lot said KateD, A fearful thought, tinkering with the gene...
- Venerator Sti Lot said For some more Echternach, here is a documentary, “...
- Nancy D. said Denying that God Is The Author of Love, Life, and...
- Elizabeth R said Ad multos annos!
- iPadre said Ad multos annos Pater Zed!
- iamlucky13 said @ Venerator Sti Lot “disturbing their hormon...
- clarinetist04 said Living in western Europe is a challenge from a fai...
- acardnal said Congratulations Father. Multos annos. Thanks for...
- St. Rocco said Happy Anniversary. I miss him too. Often when he...
- benedetta said Ad multos annos Father. I wonder on the relic pa...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 5 December 2008
From the Catholic Key Blog:
Spread some Beauty for Christmas
Kansas City – St. Joseph’s own Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles have a new CD out titled "Echoes of Ephesus".
This is a very young, rapidly growing and … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr. John Weyer, pastor of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, passed away on Thursday, December 4, 2008. Although Father had been receiving ongoing treatment for cancer, he developed pneumonia and was admitted into ICU. He passed away … Continue reading
Have you not yet heard the most recent PODCAzTs?
I’d like to have a bump to the stats for a few of them before I settle in to make the next one, which will probably focus on another Advent hymn from … Continue reading
The other day, 4 December, the great Fr. Nicola Bux (happy onomasitico in advance) had a piece in L’Osservatore Romano on liturgy.
You might remember The Bux Protocol. He is also author of the recent La Riforma di Benedetto XVI: la … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Reverend Father Zuhlsdorf, I was asked and agreed to be an R.C.I.A. sponsor for a family member. The family member is about to marry a Roman Catholic who "Would not personally have an abortion but believes in a … Continue reading
Who can educate me about USTREAM.TV?
Vatican Official Considers Aquinas’ Comeback
Recalls How Morality Was Scorned in the 60s
By Antonio Gaspari
ROME, DEC. 3, 2008 (Zenit.org).- Moral theology based on St. Thomas Aquinas is among one of theology’s most popular branches today, says a Vatican official, but … Continue reading
From a reader:
Just to let you know what is happening in Finland…
Yesterday we have opened a new webpage to specifically tell about the activities and visits of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter in Finland: http://fsspfinland.wordpress.com/
The Home Page of the … Continue reading
On AsiaNews I read that Pope Benedict spoke to participants in the plenary session of the International Theological Commission. He outlined the guidelines theologians must follow in their work as he discussed the Commission’s own study on the “nature of … Continue reading