You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Bruce said When I was younger I helped sail a few boats in Ha...
- JonPatrick said Supertradmum, you said what I was trying to say, o...
- Katylamb said Father, I understand about the Eastern Catholics a...
- boxerpaws1952 said rock concert or Mass?
- Tom in NY said Quaeritur: Why would the author not have used mitt...
- patrick.lynch said “Their hatred and condescension is sufficien...
- patrick.lynch said “I have no problem with this – as long as yo...
- Cincinnati Priest said janeway529: Thanks for posting the L.A. Religious...
- PatB said Carrying an umbrella means you are walking around...
- PatB said I hear plenty of mispronounced Latin from the alta...
- Supertradmum said I love sailing, but have not done so for years. Th...
- Supertradmum said The lack of objectivity in argumentation on this p...
- wmeyer said My own very limited experience with sailing began...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal: Yes, indeed. Though I am by no stretch...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It pleases the gentleman to be jocular!
- acardnal said Have you ever sailed a boat yourself or been saili...
- Jeannie_C said OrthodoxChick it isn’t only the TLM devotees...
- RoyceReed said I appreciate Fr. Z posting this, especially in lig...
- UncleBlobb said Hopefully he knows what to do with his starboard g...
- CatholicCoffee said patrick.lynch: you sound like you want to be a Cat...
- acardnal said The Canonical day beginning/ending at midnight is...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgic...
- patrick.lynch said “Your freedom to celebrate the TLM is my fre...
- drea916 said Most people wouldn’t attend either of those....
- JabbaPapa said Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgically? Y...
- Imrahil said Note that when I said “the Elder Son had a p...
- CatholicCoffee said Henry Edwards: Do those making such comments reall...
- Imrahil said Reverend dear @Fr Fox, thank you again for your co...
- LarryW2LJ said Hoo boy! I think I would have walked as soon as m...
- StWinefride said I remember you posting this video a couple of year...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 16 December 2008
I have been trying to get usteam to work on the old laptop I put in the chapel. I think more people can watch ustream at once, whereas only 7 can watch at the same time with the present service.
Ustream … Continue reading
Rosacea vestments during the week after the 3rd Sunday of Advent?
I reader sent me this:
In re: Rosacea, today I came across this interesting instruction, found in "Matters Liturgical" 9th edition (1956): 119. b. Rose-color vestments may also be worn, if the … Continue reading
I have temporarily revived Radio Sabina and the Z-Cam in the chapel.
From a reader:
Per the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), January 1, the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, is a holy day of obligation — one of the few non-Sundays throughout the year when Catholics are required to … Continue reading
Can anyone tell me what this flower is?
It is blooming in my kitchen and I have no idea what it is.
UPDATE: 1859 GMT
From a reader:
From the photo it appears that the flower in question is called by the name … Continue reading
More on Fr. Roy Bourgeois and the excommunication situation.
There was a CNN piece on 14 December with Fr. Bourgeois and Msgr. Charles Pope.
Father found his collar for the interview. He has not found a Catholic position on the ordination of … Continue reading
Vorrete investigare questo nuovo sito:
From a reader:
There will be a high Christmas midnight mass (missa cantata) at Immaculate Conception Church, 59 Walnut St., Fitchburg, Massachusetts. A musical prelude will begin at 11:30, with the mass beginning at 12 midnight.
It is hoped that this … Continue reading
From a reader. Perhaps some of you can help her:
Hello Father Z,
Before I call the parish office and volunteer, I wondered if you or your readers could recommend a reliable source on doing the fancy sewing for Mass vestments. Google … Continue reading