HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gab: TonyO, you’ re quite right. They will start with diaconate ordination s and then, of course, having accomplish ed that would push it further until female “pri ests” ; seem the...
- tzabiega: In Poland, there is a conference being planned on bioethics that is completely orthodox and is being organized by…t he Polish Jesuit Province, who in Poland are one of the leading...
- Uxixu: … celebrate the TLM and Latin 1962 Divine Office *Exclusive ly*
- Uxixu: While the initial suppressio n appears to be unjust, I do fear their structure has problems inherent to it if the leadership should become corrupted (as it undoubtedl y is). That said, would...
- TonyO: Whatever doubt there is legitimate ly with regard to the reason the Jesuits were suppressed in 1773, there can be no doubt that they have deserved suppressio n, lo for 4 decades and more in...
- Fuerza: Today̵ 7;s homily was a little unusual for me. I attended Mass at our diocesan cathedral, where I don’ t typically go. The homily was literally three sentences, and because of the...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee: Yep, those Rent-A-Mob s do exist. Supporters of these mobs have set up “wed ding registries ” on the Amazon dot com to provide support.
- iPadre: EF: Pentecost Season is time to strengthen and protect the gift of our Baptism. We were bound to hell, but God in His loving mercy swooped down like a mother bird to return us to the nest...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks for this WDTPRS Fr. Z. Tooksam: Good point. Fr. Jim B: Well said Father, the lack of material and support from superiors does happen sometimes. Another problem is the venom...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Good point. For those people it’s very personal- it’s all About Wonderful Me. According to news reports (even from Lib media) some have sought profession al...
- Gregg the Obscure: Father mentioned that some people have complained to him that Mass is boring. This has been a recurring theme in recent months, so i’m guessing he’s heard it a few...
- adriennep: This reminds me of The Lord of the World end-times novel by Robert Hugh Benson in which the last Pope has every remaining persecuted Catholic speak Latin. It acts as code language. So...
- Patrick71: Father used the seven loaves in the Gospel to teach about the seven sacraments and their role in our lives.
- Lurker 59: @Amerikane r The answer is complex and will vary according to the historian. It is largely seen as a political issue with the Society growing too powerful and influentia l for the tastes...
- TonyO: [The exaltation of sterile sexual selfish self-grati fication. She’s the Synod’s perfect young spokesdupe .] I have to ask this, Fr. Z: are you sure the term is “spo kesdupe 221;? I...
- bobbird: It was my understand ing as well that the Suppressio n of the Jesuits was inspired by Masons. The Jesuits had brought back untold numbers of Protestant s and spread the Faith into the New...
- Fr. Jim B: Speaking of taking good things away. The more I offer TLM, use the Parish Ritual, and read books such as Fr. Ripperger& #8217;s prayers of minor exorcisms/ deliveranc e, the more I...
- Amerikaner: What did the Jesuits do in the 1700’ ;s that caused the suppressio n?
- Ave Maria: Oh, those early Jesuits were fantastic! But now… ..anyway, as I understand it, St. John Paul II came close to suppressin g the modern Jesuits but Fr. Arrupe was able to forest...
- JustaSinner: Well, if he wins, at least the wall is done; Vatican City encircled by them already and all…
- Kathleen10: Semper Gumby, what is really unnerving is these are people who are often church going people or at least, people I would consider very moral and balanced individual s. There is an...
- Semper Gumby: The Energy of the Youth is a powerful narcotic to certain people young and old. The New catholic Red Guard is harnessing that energy, presenting it as Wisdom, and then exploiting it...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Yep, TDS like Bush43 Derangemen t Syndrome is real. Deportatio ns, children in cages, and temporary bans on Muslim immigrants from certain countries were all policies of...
- Suburbanbanshee: Well, there̵ 7;s no guarantee that the “you ng peopleR 21; cheering were even Catholics. It’s pretty common today for leftists to hire demonstrat ors, often from...
- Suburbanbanshee: It’s actually Biblical to make jokes about names. I mean, we don’ t hear about Beelzebub by his right name, and there are a fair number of human kings who got the same...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 17 December 2008
From a reader: My cousin is soon to be married in a SSPX church, a church which his family has been attending for twenty years, since he was in fourth grade. I read on a Catholic website that such a … Continue reading
… or are things very slow on the Catholic blogosphere today? Very slow on Twitter also, or so it seems.
With the help of rogueclassicism: ante diem xvi kalendas januarias Saturnalia (day 1) — major, popular festival in honour of Saturn with banquets, the wearing of soft caps (pilei), and general good cheer. Shops and schools were closed, gambling was … Continue reading
Here is a snapshot from the last few minutes of where people are (more or less) when they log in. These are approximations and I edited out "unknown" and "United States", etc. Washington, District of… Stockton-on-Tees Toronto, Ontario Utica, Michigan … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, the distinguished pastor of St. Mary Magdalene in Brighton has a good commentary on his blog today. Pelagianism: I hate it, but it is very British. It is really a variant of Arianism which says … Continue reading
There is a wonderful phrase in Latin… Repetita iuvant. The Pertinacious Papist has a good reminder: Una Voce America’s Nota (No 39, Fall 2008) carries the following brief excerpt from the address of Pope Benedict XVI to the Bishops of … Continue reading
With a tip of the biretta to the Laudator…. Robert Louis Stevenson, Winter: In rigorous hours, when down the iron lane The redbreast looks in vain For hips and haws, Lo, shining flowers upon my window-pane The silver … Continue reading
From a reader: Have you any information regarding alter servers sitting on the steps of the sanctuary during a TLM Mass? This is occurring in a local parish during the times when the celebrant sits (while the choir sings the … Continue reading
We have come to the last days of the Church’s preparation for the feast of the Nativity of the Lord. COLLECT: Deus, humanae conditor et redemptor naturae, qui Verbum tuum in utero perpetuae virginitatis carnem assumere voluisti, respice propitius ad … Continue reading