Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Sonshine135 said Thanks again Father Z. I am enjoying your Lentcazt...
- Sword40 said +Jacques-Benigne Bossuet. Thank you Fr. Z, I have...
- rdschreiner said At the Cathedral of St. Paul, Minnesota I’ve...
- McCall1981 said @ polycarpio, I agree with what you’re sayin...
- JacobWall said I’m a fan of the idea of fewer regulations,...
- Sonshine135 said I have been going to confession more frequently an...
- campbreeze said I always listen, thanks for everything.
- Michael said It always amazes me how easy we have it nowadays...
- kevinm said Thanks Father…this is a great way to start t...
- Andkaras said Only gets to 1.34 for me .
- liturmatt said Thank you Father. The French bishop you quoted, wh...
- SKAY said Thank you Father.
- Siculum said And yes, thank you, Father. Prayed for you at Mas...
- Siculum said I hadn’t heard the Joseph Ratzinger one befo...
- Siculum said Listening with the family.
- RichardT said The College has now issued a statement about its f...
- JonPatrick said When I click on the play button it seems to run un...
- HobokenZephyr said Folks, do yourselves a big favor and stop watching...
- Moro said wmeyer – Fair enough. I was going overboard...
- bookworm said AGW is possibly the only hypothesis in the history...
- Jim of Bowie said Listening. Thanks. BTW receiving my first full ord...
- Mike said [Another] Mike says: My pastor (ordained 1970, God...
- Andrea Mary said Thank you, Father! What a wonderful “Friday...
- mormormax said Thank you for this post Father. One thing that kep...
- cantrix said Thank you, Father. Just what I needed to hear toda...
- Gregg the Obscure said Thanks for posting. The plan for the rest of Lent...
- Netmilsmom said Oh my Goodness! Thank you! It’s hard to fin...
- Gerard Plourde said @Polycarpio, @mamajen I agree completely with your...
- Legisperitus said wmeyer: Motus in fine velocior.
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The demise of a Brutalist church
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 19 December 2008
The audio on Radio Sabina was down for a while, because of a network glitch. It is working again.
A reader sent a note from the Bishop of Altoona-Johnstown:
Diocese of Altoona-JohnstownOffice of The Bishop126 Logan BoulevardHollidaysburg, PA 16648
December 17, 2008
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Pastoral Service to the Household of God,
This is to inform you that the Reverend Ananias … Continue reading
I am very grateful to those who have recently used the donation button on the left sidebar and on some posts.
Also, I received from AN a nice little jar of Mostarda di Cremona. I will plan a meal around it … Continue reading
Here is the Collect for 19 December in the 2002MR, duing this period of intense preparation before Christmas: COLLECT: Deus, qui splendorem gloriae tuae per sacrae Virginis partum mundo dignatus es … Continue reading
I just read that a French TV concern has canceled their broadcast of the Holy Father’s Midnight Christmas Mass.
Sign of the times!
Just the other day, the Holy Father spoke with the workers at the Centro Televisivo Vaticano about the importance … Continue reading
In another thread of comments, someone opined:
Fear leads to Conservatism? I can see where fear of the wrath of God might lead someone to the TLM.
A while back I was having a chat with a priest friend, who said:
… Continue reading
There is an interesting entry over at The Shrine, where a Latin word/term common to WDTPRS has caught my eye. Make sure you check it.
Let’s have a look.
In Spirit of the Liturgy, Cardinal Ratzinger famously writes that the "versus populum" … Continue reading