When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- zag4christ said Our wonderful young, orthodox and courageous paroc...
- Grumpy Beggar said Andrew says: Did John Paul II use the word “value...
- New Sister said Oh no, what a painful memory this recalls… w...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for this post (including the very intere...
- excalibur said It could be the most brilliant thing ever put to f...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Excuse a ‘liturgical post’ tangent: I...
- Wayward Lamb said EF – Canon spoke of the need for balance bet...
- robtbrown said Mystical Rose says, Though I do love St. John Paul...
- Prayerful said The priest again concentrated on the Gay Marriage...
- robtbrown said Wm Tighe, I disagree with your appraisal of St Aug...
- annmarie said I would like to ask all the fair minded people on...
- WYMiriam said Fr. Coyle, I am so glad to hear you say that about...
- danidunn said I pity the people who have to sit through it. I c...
- Andrew said Did John Paul II use the word “value” in Evangeliu...
- tominrichmond said I was prepared to like this production, even being...
- Per Signum Crucis said Much of the acclaim for the screen adaptation of &...
- mysticalrose said Though I do love St. John Paul II, his use of the...
- Humilitas said Congratulations Father Z. I’m in my 70’...
- benedetta said I don’t have any explanations as far as prie...
- Imrahil said Ah interesting, thanks for the answer. So St. Vinc...
- JPK said Dominc Selwood last year wrote this about the RCC...
- Latin Mass Type said Well, for those who are pessimistic about whether...
- William Tighe said Imrahil wrote: “I’d like to know what was th...
- Supertradmum said I lived in England for almost 13 years. Anti-Catho...
- Absit invidia said Obsolete ICEL looks like it was inspired by John L...
- Bosco said I watched the entirety of Wolf Hall when it first...
- Janol said “What did the Anglican Church do with this b...
- Henry Edwards said One way to think about it: The “4th Sunday a...
- Imrahil said Martin Luther, by the way, supported Catherine aga...
- fishonthehill said Fr Coyle took the words out of my mouth… the...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS Secret and Prayer over Offerings – the SAME in both Novus Ordo and TLM!
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR) – “values”, and the smoke of Satan
- Krauthammer on “Wolf Hall”
- ASK FATHER: Commentator during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Eastern Catholic Priest or Deacon as Deacon for Traditional Latin Mass?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – Annuntio vobis gaudium!
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- ASK FATHER: Can non-Catholics go to confession?
- ASK FATHER: Sanation of Protestant marriage without dispensation
- New SF Blog: One Mad Mom
- ASK FATHER: Three questions from a sinner who wants to come home.
- ASK FATHER: Baptized Greek Orthodox but left
- ASK FATHER: Can lectors still bless bread?
- CNS: Feminist Steinem Touts Abortion, Ridicules Church at St. Norbert College (D. Green Bay)
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío! & ASK FATHER: Date of Easter in Holy Land
- Swiss Guard Armor Project – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: “Getting rid” of Hosts
- ASK FATHER: Maniple and zucchetto in the Novus Ordo
- ASK FATHER: Valid marriage in hospital room?
- San Francisco MASS Mob Results
- IDAHO: City ordinance says pastors must “marry” homosexuals or go to jail
- National Morse Code Day… and….
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday of Easter (2002MR) – Our humility and the might of the Shepherd
- Heads up! Reactions to my post about destruction of Christian businesses still rolling in.
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- Benedict XVI 10 years ago: “Pray for me…”
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 22 December 2008
The number of Twitter followers has grown a bit.
We are up to 279 – very sloooow growth.
I have a sense that not many of you use Twitter.
It is strange, I admit.
We are closing in on our goal. Let’s look at the Collect for 22 December in the 2002MR. The Roman Station today is the Basilica of the Twelve Apostles.
COLLECT: Deus, qui, hominem delapsum in mortem conspiciens, … Continue reading
Years ago, I made a little webpage for the O Antiphons. It might be useful.
Also, on this blog
17 December – O Sapientia
18 December – O Adonai
19 December – O Radix Iesse
20 December – O Clavis David
21 December – … Continue reading
A continuation of our look at the O Antiphons for these last few days before Christmas…
LATIN: O Rex gentium, et desideratus earum, lapisque angularis, qui facis utraque unum: veni, et salva hominem, quem de limo formasti.
ENGLISH: … Continue reading
I have known a couple people who make rosaries. The finest I have seen, used and given as gifts to newly ordained were from Queen of Peace Rosaries.
However, there is a blog called Paternosters, which is a truly … Continue reading
My friend the nearly ubiquitous Mr. John L. Allen, Jr., the fair-minded former Rome correspondent for the ultra-lefty National Catholic Reporter has a good article on the today’s annual "state of the Church" address by the Holy Father to the … Continue reading
… there is also "stone by stone", though in a more literal and less metaphorical sense.
Not everything in the National Catholic Reporter is worthy of vituperation.
I just found an article on attempt to reconstruct a 12th-century chapter house on the … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been asked to coordinate the creation of a Schola Cantorum at a church in our diocese that plans to offer the Extraordinary Form of the Mass beginning on First Friday in February. (They have not yet … Continue reading
There is an Ordo for the older, traditional liturgy of the Roman Rite available online and in book form through Rinascimento Sacro.
The Ordo Missae celebrandae et divini Officii persolvendi secundum antiquam vel extraordinariam ritus romani formam for 2009 looks to … Continue reading
Archbp. Marini: Pope Benedict… Joseph Ratzinger! I am Piero, descendant of Bugnini. I challenge you!
Mons. Marini: No! You’ll fight me. I am Guido, descendant of Siri. I challenge you to Immortal Kombat!