HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- chantgirl: IF Francis had answered the Dubia or any of the other many appeals to him, if he had not treated his perceived enemies so ruthlessly , if he had not spent his pontificat e badmouthin g...
- frmgcmma: A passage St. Thomas quotes often says: “ 230;quæ autem sunt, a Deo ordinatæ sunt” ; (Rom. 13:1).
- Gab: “Ari anism was the first of the great heresies.& #8221; Marcionism was another, which is still around today thanks to the fruits of Vat II.
- Quanah: Cheeseburg er and chocolate milk for breakfast in All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy.
- Sue in soCal: This is one of the many times I have wondered what Fr. Z’s opinion is of this. Thanks for the clear and unjesuitic al (is that a word?) commentary .
- Danteewoo: I can’ t take Bishop Bergoglio seriously as the pope. It’s error after error. “Isn ’t this a bit of a mishmash?& #8221; Yes, but it’s mishmash that attacks the...
- Andrew: Satyricon: Trimalchio ’s dinner party.
- Charles E Flynn: The risen Christ has a meal. From https://ww w.biblestu dytools.co m/rhe/pass age/?q=luk e+24:39;+l uke+24:42- 43 Luke 24:42-43 42 And they offered him a piece of a broiled fish...
- Matamoros: More and more it looks like Ann Barnhardt, et al. have nailed it. “I will conclude by renewing my challenge: say the following without laughing out loud: “THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND...
- Semper Gumby: Speaking of migration and borders, here’ ;s Matthew Schmitz in the May and June issues of First Things. Sure, one can quibble here and there with these thoughtful pieces. With...
- wolskerj: What about the picnic-bre akfast on the bastion of St. Gervais after the Three Musketeers (and d’Ar tagnan) made a wager with the Swiss that they could remain in place for at least...
- carndt: Pope Benedict is the POPE!
- carndt: He is a huge part of the NWO(New World Order). Meets with Facebook’s Zuckerberg ( plans on starting cryptocurr ency) but won’t meet with Italian Catholic politician Salvini. https:/...
- GM Thobe: If by “gre at” one means powerful or memorable and not good (in any way) Harpagus comes immediatel y to mind. I would rather have the old lady who lives in a shoe as a cook...
- Ms. M-S: Would the list be complete without the Jo’s spoiled meal (with the salted strawberri es) in Little Women or the meal the waiter mostly did David out of in David Copperfiel d or the...
- jdt2: Awesome post, Father and suggestion s from the readers. I’ll offer 3 wedding scenes: Wedding at Cana, Gospel of John Wedding of Camacho The Rich and Quiteria The Fair, Don Quixote (Red)...
- Semper Gumby: Which it’s lobscouse (salt beef hung on string over the side of the ship), skillygale e (crumbled hardtack and bacon grease), rats in onion sauce, and spotted dog (rice pudding...
- fishonthehill: Green eggs and ham. Doctor Seuss
- SanSan: The “Jes uit” approach leads down a rabbit hole… ;….w ho will save that soul?
- capchoirgirl: Almost the entirety of Farmer Boy is a wonderful meal. Seriously. No other book has the power to make me hungry like that book does.
- SanSan: Time to brush-up on how heresies come about and why… … THE GREAT HERESIES&l t; by Hilaire Belloc, Chapter Three, " The Arian Heresy&quo t; Arianism was the first of the...
- Hesiodos: The first river picnic with Rat and Mole in “The Wind in the Willows 221; by Kenneth Grahame “‘Th ere’s cold chicken inside it,’ replied the Rat briefly; ‘coldtongu ecold...
- Skeinster: Aw- you beat me to the Chrachit 8217;s Christmas dinner! Thanksgivi ng Dinner in “Lit tle Men” by Louisa May Alcott. It’s sweet because the children are so proud of...
- Discipula: Minny̵ 7;s fried chicken and chocolate pie in Kathryn Stockett 8217;s The Help.
- SanSan: once again I was scandalize d when I read what the Pope said. Thank you Father for taking the time to correct the errors.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 10 Great Meals In Literature
- Francis: Church Must Learn to Abandon Old ‘Traditions’
- Editorial: Church leaders, to be “transparent”, are still abusers. Of priests.
- ASK FATHER: Little daughter interested in the Mass
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes – UPDATED
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 11 January 2009
From a reader: From the January 11th parish bulletin of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Bethel, Alaska – "Father Chuck will celebrate a Latin Mass on Saturday, January 31st at 7:00 pm. However, those who wish to participate in … Continue reading
The final half of the last season is coming up. Our friend and fellow blogger Jimmy Akin has some interesting speculation about who the last Cylon is. Don’t go there if you are interested in seeing the last few episodes … Continue reading
There was some confusion when the Emancipation Procl… er um Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum was released about the Latin Art. 5, § 1. In paroeciis, ubi coetus fidelium traditioni liturgicae antecedenti adhaerentium stabiliter [previously continenter] exsistit, parochus eorum petitiones ad … Continue reading
One of the fruits of the Holy Father’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum will be the "gravitational pull" that will be exerted when the older forms call priests (and others) to correct their ars celebrandi. Keeping in mind that the plural … Continue reading
From a distressed reader: I need your help as I am not sure where else to turn. I cannot find the correct answer for this. The Parish we attend has undergone some changes and not for the good. The first … Continue reading
From a priest friend: Public news: Hey Fr. Z, Got news for you… 1. "No organ, no curia in the world is in measure of interpreting the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum. Only the Commission Ecclesia Dei knows the mens Petri, … Continue reading
I am pleased to communicate that one of you kind participants sent a translation of the Internet Prayer in LATIVIAN Many years ago I wrote this prayer in Latin. Since then it has been translated into many languages. I am … Continue reading
Here is a request to those of you who participate in WDTPRS through their mobile devices, cellular phones, etc., with mobile browsers. I had in place a theme which iPhones would pick up. I made change to that theme recently … Continue reading
From a reader: Bishop John Michael D’Arcy, bishop of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend, will offer the Mass according to the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite in South Bend, Indiana. Sunday, January 18th at 7:45 amSt. Patrick Catholic … Continue reading
The liturgical eye-candy guys at NLM have posted some excellent screen-captures of the Vatican TV feed of the Holy Father’s Mass for the Baptism of the Lord in the Sistine Chapel. This is now the time when he openly celebrates … Continue reading
From the Cornell Society for a Good Time this amusing post! You might be a traditional priest if . . . you have a thurible hanging over the passenger’s seat in your car!
Pio Cardinal Laghi, Prefect Emeritus of the Congregation for Catholic Education (for Seminaries and Institutes of Study), has died. He was 86 years old and had served as a priest for 62 years. He served as a bishop for 39 … Continue reading
Thanks to the reporting of AsiaNews we know about this fine internet journalist… Fr. Bernardo Cervellera receives the Premio Giuliano Ragno 2008 The award ceremony took place Saturday morning, at the Milan offices of Avvenire. The honor was given in … Continue reading