Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Malta: I swear I think we are in for a terrible pounding from heaven. My name on here is “Mal ta” because I plan on moving there. I’m a Navy Vet. and former FBI Agent, but I have...
- Malta: This is a Pope of contradict ions. If he was really concerned about the sin that “Cri es out to Heaven for Justice 221; he wouldnR 17;t make a few of the other statements he...
- Malta: I studied the European Union at Trinity College, Dublin. I knew back in 2001 that the Maastricht Treaty was eventually going to pave the way to legalize abortion throughout all of Europe. I...
- stephen c: Thanks Father Zuhlsdorf, for your years of service. You know this, I am sure, and most Christians whose life has been devoted to a vocation such as yours (priests, nuns, monks, and...
- Sword40: May I add my Congratula tions, and a hardy Semper Fidelis !
- LeeGilbert: As multos annos, Padre! Thank you for saying yes when the Lord called you to become a priest, for making all the requisite sacrifices then and now, for all that you put into your...
- Sword40: After much frustratio n waiting for the video techs to correct their problems, we were treated to a magnificen t Ordination Mass, complete with lots of electronic glitches via the video...
- kat: Happy Anniversar y Father! May God continue to bless you and your apostolate . Prayers for you!
- Elizabeth D: At the Madison transition al deacons 217; ordination last night Bishop Morlino 217;s homily instructed the men to be ordained deacons (Stephen and Lawrence, I kid you not) that...
- Deacon Jason: If memory serves, the OF rubrics for matrimony outside of Mass also optionally allow the use of a dalmatic with the alb and stole in lieu of a cope.
- jose.a.0121: It brings great joy to see and hear a bishop or a priest speak to the flock clearly about truth and the teachings of our Lord. It shows that he is truly concerned about their eternal...
- Kevin: To PostCathol ic In a few years they’ ;ll be insisting the church accept their kids for the ‘fun days out’ like Baptism, First Holy Communion, and Confirmati on. That...
- majuscule: mater101 expressed my exact sentiments only more clearly than I could have!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Snark? Not at all! I’m truly interested in what they have to say!
- Mike: Rigorous honesty and candor no more distinguis h the sycophants of the throne of Peter than they do its current occupant. In a few days they and he will be back to bashing the traditiona l...
- tamranthor: That right there is some Class A Number One snark, Father. Well done. :)
- Clinton R.: Congratula tions on your priestly anniversar y, Father. Thank you so much for you concern for the state of our souls, especially reminding us to GO TO CONFESSION !. May God bless you...
- APX: I remember once making an appointmen t to make a General confession over a half hour before the regular time, only to have some other woman who came to the church early walk into the confess...
- mater101: Thank you so very much for giving us an insight into your wonderful, wonderfill ed memories of your ordination . A delightful gift, in addition to the other gift : which is your faith...
- AUEagle: My Mother bought each of my siblings the paperback version of the Catechism 3 years ago. It’s a big book! My wife (recent convert from the Baptist Church 7 years ago) likes to flip...
- majuscule: Our Lady of Knock, pray for us. Get a copy of In Sinu Jesu (I tried to use Fr. Z’s Amazon link.) Also, support Silverstre am Priory with prayers and donations.
- excalibur: May Saint Patrick rise from his grave and condemn this generation , who know what they do.
- Andreas: Many blessings and a hearty Navy ‘Bra vo Zulu’ ; to you, Father Z., on this your anniversar y!
- MikeM221: May God bless you in a very special way today, Father. Happy anniversar y!
- iPadre: Ad multos annos! No greater gift could we have been given than to share in His priesthood . You are remembered in my prayers and Masses.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- Did the catholic Left and homosexualists ignore Pope Francis’ words about seminarians?
- Bp. Morlino’s clear commencement address: “let’s be politically incorrect”
- LIVE VIDEO of FSSP priesthood ordinations
- URGENT PRAYER – IRELAND
- Fr. Z’s 27th Anniversary of Ordination
- MADISON 31 May – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne and Procession
- Concerning innovations
- ASK FATHER: Deacons vesting in dalmatics for concelebrations
- ASK FATHER: How do we get the TLM where we are?
- Card. Arinze: If you want Communion, become a Catholic
- ASK FATHER: When to make an appointment for confession
- ASK FATHER: Sorting out confusing, contradictory messages from priests
- Wherein Fr. Z assigns some worthwhile reading
- Met “Gay-la” and new movie. Coincidence? I think not.
- ASK FATHER: Forgetting sins during confession
- Day Of Prayer For The Church In China
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 12 January 2009
From a priest reader:
Your refrain ‘brick by brick’ has struck a cord with me. A reader recently sent in that he/she noticed the priest purifying his hands after the distribution of Holy Communion. I had started doing this some … Continue reading
What’s with this?
I mostly use the post-Conciliar Liturgia horarum or Liturgy of the Hours for my office during the week.
So here I am on the road and we have a change of volumes, from 1 to 3. On the Novus … Continue reading
Several people alerted me to this interesting note posted by our friends at Rorate, a blog I look at every day, who seem always to be on top of this sort of thing.
FSSPX [This is the SSPX] Celebrates Mass at … Continue reading
From a reader:
Due to an emergency, my family couldn’t attend Mass on Sunday morning and thus had to attend on Sunday evening at a very "progressive" local parish. At the Mass, the priest omitted the Creed. I realize that on … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I have a question either for you, or if you choose to publish it on your blog, for anyone who can answer it.
In the 3 parishes I’ve been assigned to in my 10+ years of Priesthood, I’ve … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been watching the papal liturgies on EWTN for several years. I recently noticed that when the Pope Benedict is wearing the pallium he SEEMS to be missing a pin/nail on the red cross over his right … Continue reading
From a reader:
Good Morning Fr. Zuhlsdorf,
I ordered the booklet from Angleus Press about Laundering Linens. Before I approach the head sacristan, I would like your opinion.
When folding the purificator the booklet says that the embroidered cross should face the … Continue reading
Once again WDTPRS needs your help.
Our little project here is a finalist for the 2008 Weblog Awards.
The voting is now open.
We can vote every day, but only once within a 24 hour period.
So vote early and often (every day) until … Continue reading