Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- williamjm said As an eighteen-year-old, I would like to share my...
- frbkelly said friarpark says: frbkelly : concerning the sound re...
- majuscule said I wonder if ad orientem celebration would encourag...
- jameeka said It does look like a lot of work, but quite beautif...
- frjim4321 said Rob, “Not only must Justice be done; it mus...
- RAve said frjim logical is not.
- RobS said “Feeling excluded” is not the same thi...
- david andrew said http://youtu.be/qbh_aCZo6L4
- ts said This releasing of balloons seems to have the same...
- Cody said Here in Texas there are a lot of Hispanic families...
- Macgawd said Our parish adopted this posture for Advent, in ant...
- frjim4321 said “71% of the priests currently ministering in...
- The Astronomer said Done.
- Midwest St. Michael said 71% of the priests currently ministering in the U....
- iamlucky13 said See also: Night of the Lepus. Dr. McCoy is trying...
- lgreen515 said I was diagnosed with pneumonia last night. Please...
- Dienekes said If bishops can not and will not act on something s...
- CharlesG said I very much agree that ad orientem will help stop...
- Mojoron said As a tyke of 8 y/o, I was imprisoned in a Catholic...
- Mojoron said If the helium (He2) levels do get high, maybe the...
- Rachel K said Excuse me Fr Z, but isn’t Sylvia a Harris Ha
- friarpark said frbkelly : concerning the sound reflecting off th...
- frjim4321 said “As Pope Innocent IV stated in his letter to...
- gloriamary said The words “diabolical disorientation”...
- Mike said My kids love rabbit braised with a dijon sauce, pe...
- Clinton R. said That the novelty of girl altar servers has brought...
- jacobi said Another example Father of a concession, small perh...
- Phil_NL said Matt Robare, The problem is how much. Some get sla...
- APX said Fwiw: The Pope apologized for his remarks and did...
- jacobi said The woman makes an interesting point that “we don&...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 12 January 2009
From a priest reader:
Your refrain ‘brick by brick’ has struck a cord with me. A reader recently sent in that he/she noticed the priest purifying his hands after the distribution of Holy Communion. I had started doing this some … Continue reading
What’s with this?
I mostly use the post-Conciliar Liturgia horarum or Liturgy of the Hours for my office during the week.
So here I am on the road and we have a change of volumes, from 1 to 3. On the Novus … Continue reading
Several people alerted me to this interesting note posted by our friends at Rorate, a blog I look at every day, who seem always to be on top of this sort of thing.
FSSPX [This is the SSPX] Celebrates Mass at … Continue reading
From a reader:
Due to an emergency, my family couldn’t attend Mass on Sunday morning and thus had to attend on Sunday evening at a very "progressive" local parish. At the Mass, the priest omitted the Creed. I realize that on … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I have a question either for you, or if you choose to publish it on your blog, for anyone who can answer it.
In the 3 parishes I’ve been assigned to in my 10+ years of Priesthood, I’ve … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been watching the papal liturgies on EWTN for several years. I recently noticed that when the Pope Benedict is wearing the pallium he SEEMS to be missing a pin/nail on the red cross over his right … Continue reading
From a reader:
Good Morning Fr. Zuhlsdorf,
I ordered the booklet from Angleus Press about Laundering Linens. Before I approach the head sacristan, I would like your opinion.
When folding the purificator the booklet says that the embroidered cross should face the … Continue reading
Once again WDTPRS needs your help.
Our little project here is a finalist for the 2008 Weblog Awards.
The voting is now open.
We can vote every day, but only once within a 24 hour period.
So vote early and often (every day) until … Continue reading