"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- dbonneville said As a frequent flyer, Fr., I am supremely confidant...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Meanwhile… ah the allure of the internation...
- Mike said “This is what discussion looks like.”
- OK_doc said FSSP parish, so the Gospel was the wedding feast w...
- excalibur said From Rorate. *************************************...
- boko fittleworth said They say no one’s ever beaten the Van Wyck &
- Marissa said Charles Williams’s poem, “The Sister of Percivale”...
- SimonR said A few observations after the end of the Synod. 1....
- Patti Day said joel7303: “Faithful bishops should just refu...
- Dr. Edward Peters said It never bothers me that refutations of errors are...
- Pat said I fear that the so called machinations will turn n...
- Adrienne Regina said Interesting that October 5th in Israel will be 22...
- mrshopey said What an appropriate reading. I didn’t realiz...
- oldcanon2257 said It’s also a big defeat for the One, Holy, Ca...
- mrshopey said Um, he didn’t apologize (saying IF someone p...
- Amateur Scholastic said John28, the reverse is also true. The orthodox bis...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Blessings asked for your pilgrimage to Rome. And...
- acardnal said The Gospel for the opening of next year’s Sy...
- iPadre said Nothing has changed in our parishes. We can just g...
- JARay said Thank you for your summary Father. You expressed m...
- AnnTherese said I gave great faith in the movement of the Holy Spi...
- frjim4321 said There was a report that the prelate in question ch...
- Kathleen10 said Great concluding thoughts, Fr. Z. There is no doub...
- joel7303 said One of the biggest problems of the synod is how ma...
- SophiaGrace said Prayers for a safe, enjoyable and fruitful pilgrim...
- Mike said Thank you for the summation, Father. I have been c...
- mburduck said Nothing like a trip through my native Queens to ca...
- Gus Barbarigo said I guess Pope Clement VII was close-minded when he...
- jlong said Another year of infighting is not best for the Chu...
- RCC Advocate said Every traditionalist has read the highly promoted...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Card. Kasper invokes war against a journalist?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
- What’s the liberals’ next move?
- The Robber Synod!
- ¡Hagan lío! Synod Bishops revolt against leadership and get their way – UPDATE!
- VIDEO: Holy League – Trailer
- 13 October? I’m just sayin’
- Card. Kasper’s observations about Africa – UPDATE: Interview REMOVED!
- Is the leadership of the Synod dealing from a stacked deck?
- ASK FATHER: Is Jesus a human person? Catechism 101
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 12 January 2009
From a priest reader:
Your refrain ‘brick by brick’ has struck a cord with me. A reader recently sent in that he/she noticed the priest purifying his hands after the distribution of Holy Communion. I had started doing this some … Continue reading
I mostly use the post-Conciliar Liturgia horarum or Liturgy of the Hours for my office during the week.
So here I am on the road and we have a change of volumes, from 1 to 3. On the Novus … Continue reading
Several people alerted me to this interesting note posted by our friends at Rorate, a blog I look at every day, who seem always to be on top of this sort of thing.
FSSPX [This is the SSPX] Celebrates Mass at … Continue reading
From a reader:
Due to an emergency, my family couldn’t attend Mass on Sunday morning and thus had to attend on Sunday evening at a very "progressive" local parish. At the Mass, the priest omitted the Creed. I realize that on … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I have a question either for you, or if you choose to publish it on your blog, for anyone who can answer it.
In the 3 parishes I’ve been assigned to in my 10+ years of Priesthood, I’ve … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been watching the papal liturgies on EWTN for several years. I recently noticed that when the Pope Benedict is wearing the pallium he SEEMS to be missing a pin/nail on the red cross over his right … Continue reading
From a reader:
Good Morning Fr. Zuhlsdorf,
I ordered the booklet from Angleus Press about Laundering Linens. Before I approach the head sacristan, I would like your opinion.
When folding the purificator the booklet says that the embroidered cross should face the … Continue reading
Once again WDTPRS needs your help.
Our little project here is a finalist for the 2008 Weblog Awards.
The voting is now open.
We can vote every day, but only once within a 24 hour period.
So vote early and often (every day) until … Continue reading