- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Ben Kenobi said It isn’t that they are economically illitera...
- The Masked Chicken said The fear of sacred objects or priests (also a sacr...
- Ben Kenobi said Imrahil, I stopped reading that comment at ‘...
- oldCatholigirl said Although I have watched, appalled, for years at th...
- Ben Kenobi said “If you feel I was attacking Millenials, and...
- teomatteo said “Alas, I am a language chameleon. I quickly...
- Gretchen said I read Shaw’s blunt, even harsh, assessment...
- trad catholic mom said Speak the truth get fired, support heterodoxy get...
- pontiacprince said You know, I hadn’t heard of this until I re...
- Gregg the Obscure said OF Mass for 2d Sunday of Advent: St. Matthew empha...
- Ben Kenobi said It is odd, the Byzantine Catholic admonishes the L...
- wmeyer said One of the greatest problems we now face is that m...
- The Masked Chicken said I have presented a few papers to the Acoustical So...
- Liz said It grates on people’s nerves for a reason. A...
- Deacon Augustine said As a deacon who wears his cassock frequently, I wo...
- Vincent said Our EF has been moved to the new Oratorian church...
- albinus1 said You can hear the feminizing of men’s voices...
- Facta Non Verba said Well done. Thanks Father.
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you. Kevin
- Happy Anniversary ! ! ! | Being Frank said [...] 50 years ago last Wednesday [...]
- pjsandstrom said Have you never heard a ‘true Catholic Northe...
- iPadre said That’s California for ya! Maybe their next l...
- phlogiston said Anyone who is suprised by this didn’t pay at...
- jflare said I cannot agree at all with the idea that CNS acted...
- Mike said This latest depreciation of spoken English isnR...
- Heather F said ” [Innovations… hmmm… I believe that linguis...
- PA mom said Dod you figure it is because he criticized the Pop...
- frjim4321 said Wish they fad some clips. I’m not sure what...
- adeacon said Regarding formation of P. Deacons, in my Archdioce...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 16 January 2009
I had sort of wondered about her because of what they did to make her a) survive in the fleet b) survive on New Caprica, and then b) resemble the 6.
But.. there it is!
Is this misdirection? A head feint?
Are you … Continue reading
I must correct something I read in the UK’s The Telegraph.
In an article on the recent open day with the Sacra Penitenzieria Apostolica, which handles issues of the internal forum, indulgences, etc., the Telegraph article said.. [my emphases and comments].
The … Continue reading
18 Jan: Will Pres. Obama react to this year’s proclamation of “National Sanctity of Human Life Day”?
From The Catholic League
BUSH PROCLAIMS PRO-LIFE DAY:WILL OBAMA HONOR IT? Yesterday, President George W. Bush proclaimed January 18 to be “National Sanctity of Human Life Day.” He said that “All life is a gift from our Creator that is sacred, unique, … Continue reading
Folks… you definitely want to look at the recent offering from the wonderful Anna Arco, persistent columnist for the best English language Catholic weekly across the Pond.
My search for the women who made Vatican history
Anna Arco goes in search of … Continue reading
This just in:
His Eminence Cormac Card. Murphy-O’Connor, Archbishop of Westminster, announced that the faithful may obtain a Plenary Indulgence in the Year of St. Paul by attending Mass at Westminster Cathedral either during the Week of Prayer for … Continue reading
Congratulations to the newly ordained Fr. Francesco Ramella.
From his First Mass in Dolcedo, Italy.
I have several e-mails this morning asking how the ailing Pine Siskin is doing.
The problem seems to be an injured/lame leg or foot.
This morning I arose to find him at the feeder, still separate from the flock, eating.
It … Continue reading
Here is a snapshot of the last few minutes, as I scan to see where people are right now as they are visiting.
I find that fascinating. Imagine.. people from all over the world can find there way here and interact.
There … Continue reading