Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- mysticalrose said Hmmmm…is Pope Francis also “annoyed...
- Gregorius said I remember one time in a seminary library grabbing...
- tgarcia2 said I love this website, nice hand missal too! This, i...
- Vecchio di Londra said I wouldn’t (yet) draw any firm inferences fr...
- kpoterack said “If the pope is annoyed, and that is still v...
- Nicholas said KateD, Benedict’s argument for why we would...
- Speravi said Rorate has finally stirred me out of my lethargy....
- defend_us_in_battle said Father, I don’t understand this. Everyday,...
- kpoterack said Fr. Z. I know that you want us to order the book (...
- CrimsonCatholic said @Fr Z, I didn’t know if this is the appropri...
- Mike said I don’t, but if I remember correctly Rorate...
- AV8R61 said Sid Cundiff: Imrahil thinks too much in terms of s...
- Sword40 said How many rodents must sneak into the house before...
- Lutgardis said chuckharold, did Cardinal George himself write tha...
- Riki said OUR LADY of SORROWS O dearest Mother, Lady of Sorr...
- Juergensen said “Da qualche fessura sia entrato il fumo di S...
- pannw said I admit it, it is the gloating from his detractors...
- McCall1981 said I don’t have the book yet, but I’m imp...
- tcreek said Rorate Caeli reports from a source that : ”...
- chuckharold said I read Crux. I also read NC Reporter and NC Revie...
- carolina publican said Since there seems to be a lot of speculation, but...
- Robbie said “Henry Edwards says: Robbie: Ok, let’s tak...
- Unwilling said priests on the moon If a reference to Earth Time (...
- Quas Primas said I had the strangest thought when saying the Rosary...
- Thorfinn said Sorry, to clarify, the Cardinal Pell forward is fo...
- MWindsor said Perhaps Cardinal Burke will give swords back to th...
- MattH said An aside is that if this is true, it continue a st...
- McCall1981 said Well, here’s a little good news: Cardinal Pe...
- JesusFreak84 said So who wants to ask the fishwrap how well thatR...
- roseannesullivan said Hmm. This may be related. I was wondering why Arc...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 21 January 2009
For Tuesday’s afflicted:
From Dr. Boli’s Celebrated Magazine:
A POEM FOR THE INAUGURATION.
SOMEWHERE A POET scratches out a line.
Somewhere a teacher says Take up your pencils.
Somewhere a secretary says Ow my wrist hurts.
Somewhere a clerk says Welcome to Burger King how may … Continue reading
I already reported this here, but the intrepid and trustworthy Andrea Tornielli has this:
There will be made public in the next few days a decree with which Benedict XVI chose to cancel the excommunications of four new bishops ordained by … Continue reading
Here is an interesting piece from Ruth Gledhill of The Times:
Traditionalist bishop: ‘There were no gas chambers’
Bishop Richard Williamson is a hardline ultra-conservative bishop of the Society of St Pius X. He faces possible prosecution for Holocaust denial in … Continue reading
From the Laudator temporis acti:
Wallace Stevens, The Snow Man:
One must have a mind of winter To regard the frost and the boughs Of the pine-trees crusted with snow;
And have been cold a long time To behold the junipers shagged … Continue reading
I must unburden myself.
Many people, especially in the media, have bought into the claim that President Obama is a great speaker, an elemental force of public speaking. I beg to differ. He reads a well-crafted speech with polish and seeming … Continue reading
From a reader… actually quite a few readers, but this e-mail is representative:
I’m wondering if you have an opinion on whether the Conversion of St. Paul can be celebrated this Sunday in the EF? It’s not mentioned in the FSSP … Continue reading
At St. Mary’s in Norwalk, CT, Fr. Greg J. Markey is instructing his flock on liturgical matters.
I have written about this fellow before. He "gets it".
We saw Part I the other day.
Let’s have a look at Part I … Continue reading
Behold the skull of Agnes.
The dies natalis ("birthday into heaven") of Agnes was recorded in the register of the depositio martyrum as 21 January.
St. Agnes was slain probably during the reign of the Emperor Diocletian in 304. Some say … Continue reading