When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- gramma10 said There once was a time that pulpits preached straig...
- Badger Catholic said I like it so far, but gets … a bit barbaric...
- Scott W. said Jesus did specify that marriage was between a man...
- Grumpy Beggar said Jesus also said , “But I say to you, everyon...
- RomeontheRange said Guess they’re gonna have to start calling it...
- Nancy D. said While it is not a sin to have a disordered inclina...
- Kathleen10 said Ten minutes ago I would not have thought it possib...
- MikeToo said The Holy Spirit is the complete fulfillment of all...
- CharlesG said Jesus did specify that marriage was between a man...
- Grumpy Beggar said From the OP (Father Z’s comment is in the sq...
- yatzer said Alanmac says: The American CDC in a comprehensive...
- Nancy D. said No doubt, if our Holy Father Benedict had free rei...
- Daniel W said An example of Irish logic from a forward-thinking-...
- Elizabeth D said I would be interested if Damien Thompson and/or Fr...
- Martial Artist said Chuck, As a fellow former submariner from 1972-197...
- Fr_Sotelo said It is bad enough that people ask doctors to mutila...
- Alanmac said The American CDC in a comprehensive poll found tha...
- Benedict Joseph said At the risk of being chided by someone, I will rep...
- Alanmac said Surgery will not cure a psychiatric condition.
- Venerator Sti Lot said To add a couple quotations from Forget’s art...
- Auggie said My father and uncle were veterans… may their...
- DD said Thank you, Adeodataomnia.
- Matt Robare said A “Happy Memorial Day” is hardly the w...
- 2H84 said It’s no longer available as their website ha...
- Adeodataomnia said Joyless quasi-Jansenist basically refers to the th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Typo: “many ways”!
- Venerator Sti Lot said Damien Thompson ends by suggesting a “point...
- Matt Robare said I prefer DC to Marvel, but I think the DC view of...
- Auggie said While clergy refused to tell the Irish people how...
- ChesterFrank said Could someone please answer aegsemje’s quest...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 29 January 2009
Now we must all pray that in the near future men of good will can work out differences with humility and charity towards each other.
I’m chillin’ the Widow!
Some say the burger is the perfect food group.
So what’s it gonna be?
A hamburger? A cheeseburger?
Of course, you can add all sorts of other things, such as lettuce or tomato, or a smear of mustard or mayo.
Call it a "California" … Continue reading
The traditional Catholic paper The Remnant has a piece by a frequent comment writer here, Brian Mershon, about a possible reconciliation of the SSPX with Rome perhaps by Candlemas, 2 February.
I will not parse Mershon’s whole piece, for it is … Continue reading
I received this very interesting note from a staffer of a US Congressman whom I will not identify for obvious reasons. I have his permission to share this:
As a Congressional staffer, I am extremely concerned that we pro-lifers … Continue reading
The johnny-on-the-spot site Rorate has two good pieces you would do well to look at.
First, there is an entry called Cardinal Castrillón: Relevant declarations to Corriere della Sera Also check Corriere.
Here is a salient point or two:
The Holy See did … Continue reading
And now… another dog bites man story from a washed up dissenter.
This is in from ANSA:
Liberation theologian and dissenter Leonardo Boff has determined that the lifting of the excommunications of the four SSPX bishops was a mistake.
It is obviously part … Continue reading
Several alert readers have sent me the following which I finally tracked down to our friends at NLM. Go check them out and spike their stats.
The piece says it is from The Catholic Herald, the best Catholic paper in the … Continue reading
As I have been writing again and again, people of good will can disagree on really hard questions rising from the Council’s documents on points that are not clear. We can argue about how to approach ecumenism or religious liberty.
There … Continue reading