Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gaetano: The issue is one of responsibl e stewardshi p. These things have been entrusted to our care, and we have a duty to use them wisely. My one concern is using linseed oil as a firearm lubri...
- maternalView: Well I’ve been to a few churches that graciously recognized that there are those who wish to kneel to receive and thus have provided kneelers. It seems to have increased the...
- APX: FWIW: the reason the communican t responds “Amen” before receiving in the OF is because the communican t is affirming, “Yes, I believe” (that that’s the Body of Christ). In the EF the priest...
- RichR: We have more and more younger Catholics in our parish receiving on the tongue. Many will kneel, and Fr. doesn’t bat an eyelash. I think priests who offer both Forms of the Roman Rite don’t...
- RichR: Fr. Murray is a shepherd of souls. He takes a tragedy and turns it into an invitation to grow in faith. Always a sober, yet kind message from him.
- eamonob: I attended the Tridentine Mass, but it was the 1962 Missal, so foot washing was included. Only men chosen, obviously.
- Luminis: Thats so sad to see this video.
- Lurker 59: There is a major difference between an environmen talist and a conservati onist. Your environmen talist thinks that nature is fine the way it is, best not messed with, and that the world...
- APX: I also say “Amen” before sticking my tongue out in the OF.
- capchoirgirl: JesusFreak : I say “ame n” and then open my mouth to receive.
- Gab: Video of a bishop refusing Communion to those who kneel https://gl oria.tv/ar ticle/FPMY SM4Wmvft3B vCbtGVxdPz 4 [Alas, there are clerics like this, who lord it over people. This is the worse...
- JesusFreak84: I look a bit like the head-back- no-tongue guy because the Lord did not give me much of a tongue XD Maybe it was meant as a hint that I’m not getting? =-p Anyway, what about...
- Bonaventurian: Well of course there̵ 7;s a risk for profanatio n when you’ re handing out the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Our Lord like a Ritz cracker. It’s no wonder belief...
- Semper Gumby: William Kilpatrick wrote: “ 230;if there is no God, there is no ultimate standard by which the state itself can be judged. Hence, the state becomes the ultimate arbiter of...
- iPadre: I used that blessing before, not for a car but, for my backyard railroad. https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=AsDo8QQm 4Rc [Thanks for that! That’ ;s is so cool.]
- Jerome Charles: Unbelievab ly sad news for this country and our Church. Please consider helping through Catholic Relief Services in Sri Lanka: https://ww w.crs.org/ our-work-o verseas/wh ere-we-...
- Justalurkingfool: THANK YOU, Fr Z for posting this photo and THANK YOU, Kathleen10 , for your comment. Years ago, although she was a older than this little angel, our daughter helped me to conti...
- Kathleen10: These were good and certainly timely, my outlook lately is not rosy. Hey Grant M, that was fun to read.
- Jerome Charles: bobbird, I have an opposing view. Our church chooses only men, and I don’ t stand up and make a scene, but I do step outside for that part of the Mass. I will not pander to...
- Mario Bird: ATTENTION CATHOLICS: State epidemiolo gists are issuing a “Cod e White̶ 1; warning, due to heightened frequency of Triduum Fatigue Syndrome (TFS) during the past week. There...
- JustaSinner: When Father blessed my last Mercedes convertibl e, he blessed it that it would bring me to Church often; it did. He had a request 211;top down ride. Granted.
- WmHesch: “Autorhaed a” (automobil e) is used in 1965 AAS pg. 140
- Spinmamma: Once again I leave your podcast a little more enlightene d, a little more contemplat ive, and filled with what I can only describe as solemn joy. Helped along, of course, by the exquis...
- mrsmontoya: Blessed Easter Monday, Father! I’d like to download this audio file but the download link only launches the webpage with the imbedded file. Is it possible to get this? I would like to...
- carndt: Our pastor talked about humility. Except that the first 10 MINUTES, he talked about his exploits as a master ping-pong player even as a seminarian . Even showed a 22 second video clip of...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PASCHALCAzT 49 – Easter Tuesday: Christ won it, but we can lose it
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Tuesday: ZedNet reminder
- ASK FATHER: A 12 year old asks ” #EarthDay is coming up…”
- ASK FATHER: How to receive Communion on the tongue?
- ASK FATHER: Father used the blessing for a train when blessing my car
- PASCHALCAzT 48 – Easter Monday: Year by year by year
- Wonderful wonderful photo
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: February 2009
I just had a primordial experience of a deep Northern winter night. Coming back from a walk… out and around… I turned to look the large yellow crescent of the Moon was about to go down beneath the line of … Continue reading
From FOX: ‘Holy Grail of Comic Books’ Looks to Fetch Six-Figures at Auction Friday, February 27, 2009 An ultra rare copy of the comic book that introduced Superman to the world hits the auction block today and bids could soar … Continue reading
The great radio personality Paul Harvey has died. He was 90. Paul Harvey added elegance and charm to his news roundups and beautifully told tales.
WDTPRSer BSGers will want to discuss the last episodes. I read an interesting entry at CMR which has a prognostication that seems plausible. We have reached the last few episodes and the writers are beginning to tie up ends. If … Continue reading
From a reader: In the extraordinary form of the Latin Rite, a priest may vest and serve as a deacon at the celebration of the Mass. Is there general or particular legislation to prevent a priest from vesting and serving … Continue reading
From last night’s convergence of the Moon and Venus.
I got this from Rorate: Local sources in Argentina confirm that Bishop Alfonso de Galarreta, one of the four bishops of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Pius X, will run the Seminary of Our Lady Co-Redemptrix in La Reja, Province … Continue reading
I received this from a reader. My emphases and comments: I really enjoy your blog and have learned a lot in reading your posts; however, I’m going to stay away for Lent. The comments are just too polarizing; the traditionalists … Continue reading
WDTPRS Friday after Ash Wednesday – Post communionem (2002MR) I am not sure about the origin of this prayer. It seems to be comprised of prayers in ancient sacramentaries, such as the Gelasian and Veronese and the Hadrianum and Paduense … Continue reading
Yesterday there was a bit of a blizzard here. It came on in the late afternoon. The wind was blowing hard enough that the chickadees were being blown off their perches. They are quite the aeronauts, however. As darkness came … Continue reading
ALL: Two things. If there is going to be discussion here, I ask that it be civil. My mood today, and the list of things to do I face, are such that I will simply lock people out of the … Continue reading
I am reading stories that "the Vatican" has "rejected" Williamson’s recently issued apology. Fr. Lombardi said: …Williamson’s statement "does not seem to respect the conditions" set forth by the Vatican on February 4, when it ordered Williamson to "in an … Continue reading
From The Times: Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor set to be first Roman Catholic bishop in House of Lords since 16th century
From a reader: Last night the family that I live with recited the Stations of the Cross together in our home. At the end, we prayed for the intentions of the Holy Father and had a discussion about eternal/temporal punishment, … Continue reading
The indomitable Raphaela has been busy: Hello again Father, Another piece from kath.net, hot off the presses. It seems that the bishop of Linz was called to Rome at short notice, presumably to explain himself. The rest of the Austrian … Continue reading