Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- guans said “God wishes this struggle (against temptatio...
- Ellen said I suspect you have a virus. I was teaching one d...
- guans said Thank You Heavenly Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mot...
- Brooklyn said I love the Latin Mass, but I am becoming very conc...
- Hank Igitur said Why not the Holy Mass itself rather than this comm...
- Chon said Sword40–yes, we love Fr. Luan Tran. Unfortun...
- APX said Personally, I am outraged that we lose an hour of...
- Gratias said A great sermon. Bishop Sample understands the most...
- Sword40 said Oregon also has a great priest at St. BirgittaR...
- Theodore said Fr Z. An A-10 would be even cooler.
- Chon said Fudge link: http://www.brigittine.org/monks/fud071...
- Chon said Elizium: What EF? It’s nearly non-existent h...
- HyacinthClare said Or move to sunny Arizona where we don’t do a...
- Elizium23 said I’m more concerned about the state of the OF...
- nadine said I wanted to mention that this took place at the on...
- Chon said Thanks for posting this beautiful video of Abp. Sa...
- Joe of St Thérèse said God bless him!
- RANCHER said Oregon is split in two. The Archdiocese of Portla...
- Charles E Flynn said This is an absolutely first-rate video, well worth...
- JonathanCatholic said Truly, Archbishop Sample is one of the greatest Bi...
- mburn16 said Alright, I confess myself ignorant on something ...
- danhorse said Marcus 22, thank-you for letting us see these fabu...
- danhorse said Thanks for posting this, Fr. Z. Oregon is fortunat...
- lsclerkin said Folks, Bishops and priests inside …er…...
- Andkaras said So wonderfully done . Who edited this piece? There...
- MaryW said Thank you, Father. Hope you are on the mend. So...
- Charles E Flynn said The remarkably brief treatment of the subject of p...
- Sonshine135 said Wow! What a beautiful explanation of the Extraordi...
- Charles E Flynn said The frequency for the CHU 7335 kHz transmitter was...
- Siculum said @Elizium23: Ha-ha, and hear, hear.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: February 2009
I just had a primordial experience of a deep Northern winter night.
Coming back from a walk… out and around… I turned to look the large yellow crescent of the Moon was about to go down beneath the line of trees … Continue reading
‘Holy Grail of Comic Books’ Looks to Fetch Six-Figures at Auction
Friday, February 27, 2009
An ultra rare copy of the comic book that introduced Superman to the world hits the auction block today and bids could soar as high … Continue reading
The great radio personality Paul Harvey has died. He was 90.
Paul Harvey added elegance and charm to his news roundups and beautifully told tales.
WDTPRSer BSGers will want to discuss the last episodes.
I read an interesting entry at CMR which has a prognostication that seems plausible.
We have reached the last few episodes and the writers are beginning to tie up ends.
If you haven’t yet … Continue reading
From a reader:
In the extraordinary form of the Latin Rite, a priest may vest and serve as a deacon at the celebration of the Mass.
Is there general or particular legislation to prevent a priest from vesting and serving as … Continue reading
I got this from Rorate:
Local sources in Argentina confirm that Bishop Alfonso de Galarreta, one of the four bishops of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Pius X, will run the Seminary of Our Lady Co-Redemptrix in La Reja, Province … Continue reading
I received this from a reader. My emphases and comments:
I really enjoy your blog and have learned a lot in reading your posts; however, I’m going to stay away for Lent.
The comments are just too polarizing; the traditionalists and … Continue reading
WDTPRS Friday after Ash Wednesday – Post communionem (2002MR)
I am not sure about the origin of this prayer. It seems to be comprised of prayers in ancient sacramentaries, such as the Gelasian and Veronese and the Hadrianum and Paduense manuscripts … Continue reading