When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Gerard Plourde said An excellent post. It reminds us that circumstance...
- Gerard Plourde said Although “Holy Ghost” has a long histo...
- Gaetano said On a related note: Let’s not forget that the...
- CPT TOM said voted No. The meter hasn’t moved yet Yes. (...
- Patti Day said Vote right now is: Yes 59% No 41% with a box read...
- Bob B. said Reminds me of when I taught Religion to 7th and 8t...
- The Masked Chicken said “As “ghost”, “ghast”, “pneuma”, “spiritus”,...
- Benedict Joseph said Simon Dodd, my thoughts have often flowed down tha...
- robtbrown said Good for Cardinal Koch, but two years ago Gloria.t...
- oldconvert said That first picture invites a quotation from the la...
- Jerry said Dad of Six – using a browser in stealth mode...
- Matthew the Wayfarer said sooooooooo……………̷
- Jerry said The results are now 61% Yes; 39% No with 2966 tota...
- yatzer said Voted no, and also sadly agree with mburn16 .
- Dad of Six said Unfortunately, it is not Chicago, so you cannot vo...
- Geoffrey said I personally believe in being as faithful to the L...
- Joseph-Mary said My parish will not do baptisms during Mass during...
- RobS said That answer should be read from every pulpit. Wel...
- JamesM said I personally say Ghost as a first instinct but I w...
- Dafyd said I’ve on (extremely rare) occasion seen a bis...
- Boniface said That is a poorly-written article. Sadly, not atypi...
- mburn16 said The great tragedy of America’s existence is...
- Boniface said This is one of the few extra-legal issues relating...
- russlem said What a great answer!
- HyacinthClare said Just voted not only no, but !!!! no…
- Nicholas said New Sister, I understand what you are saying and...
- New Sister said Nicolas – it should be a NO vote.
- Deacon Augustine said While the word “ghost” is related to t...
- Priam1184 said The bigger issue here is not the hospital privileg...
- Nicholas said It may be because I am on my phone, but I saw no p...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
- 8 major studies of identital twins prove homosexuality Is NOT genetic
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Nearly 500 faithful priests in England and Wales sign letter urging Synod to stand firm!
- LENTCAzT 35: Tuesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Extraordinary Form “Dialogue” Masses
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 1 February 2009
From a priest reader:
I thought I read, when Mother Angelica opened her new shrine, there was somewhat of a dispute, because she wanted Masses said "ad Orientem" and others said she couldn’t. The matter, I think, was appealed to Rome, … Continue reading
From Toronto Catholic Blog comes this.
Now… don’t freak out. Just remember that this is a brick by brick process.
Some people will rush to all sorts of exaggerations.
Take the report for what it is worth.
I hope, … Continue reading
I think this next week is it.
This is probably the week we will start to see an acceleration of expressions of real hatred of the Holy Father and the SSPX.
The nastiness is starting to seep out cracks in … Continue reading
A student colleague of Fr. Hans Kung, Fr. Hermann Häring, has in the German press called for the Pope to resign.
Marco Politti of La Repubblica interviewed the Prefect of the Congregation for Bishops, His Eminence G.B. Card. Re. That dicastery lifted the infamous excommunications.
There is an interesting detail in the Cardinal Prefect’s comments which will be unpopular but is exactly … Continue reading
A sort of sad interview in an Italian paper with a priest who has had some issues with the Pope.
We have written about Fr. Farinella before. He was very negative about Summorum Pontificum. I believe he is also against Crucifixes … Continue reading
Someone from The Boston Globe alerted me to coverage of Card. O’Malley’s comments about the SSPX and Bp. Williamson’s controversial comments.
O’Malley defends pope, apologizes to Jews
Cardinal Sean P. O’Malley of Boston is praising Pope Benedict XVI’s decision to lift … Continue reading
From a reader:
At least 150 were in attendance [At Blessed Sacrament Church] assisting in offering the sacrifice (counting by Communion) at 7 am at Blessed Sacrament church. After decades of waiting, it is altogether fitting that God so directed that … Continue reading
Luigi Accattoli, Italian journalist, is blasting away at the SSPX bishops.
An reader who must have been cleaning out a cyber-drain alerted me to a whine… er um… post from the wymynpryst types… you know… the deluded.
This is offered both for its amusement factor and to help you understand their mentality.
My … Continue reading