"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Katholos, The conditions for reconciliation w...
- pelerin said When I noticed that my local butcher (in England)...
- Gerard Plourde said Any road to reconciliation is going to be long and...
- katholos said I agree with Father Z that we need what the SSPX h...
- thomas tucker said @yatzer: that’s interesting. My father was...
- Bob B. said Reminds me of the Four Chaplains (aka: Immortal Ch...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Have a safe, uneventful flight back, Father.
- StJude said Oh my that all looks delicious!!!!
- AnnTherese said War after war after war… such great sorrow s...
- pelerin said I received this video this morning via an email fr...
- acardnal said VIDEO: Today Pope Francis met with Old Catholic bi...
- ASPM Sem said When I saw the video image I was like “Oh co...
- CrimsonCatholic said Masked Chicken, Most polling I’ve seen shows...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Gabriel Syme:You don’t address my argument....
- akp1 said There is a copy of a letter from PCED in 2008 when...
- Grumpy Beggar said . . . Quite humbling to watch. One can only wonder...
- iamlucky13 said Thank you for bringing up Father Kapaun. I had not...
- LarryW2LJ said I have found out that it’s not a good thing...
- Di said Dear Father Z, I can just see St. Jean-Baptiste-Ma...
- Marissa said If I remember correctly, only five chaplains after...
- Katherine said I was taken with the Catholic teaching that when y...
- msc said Father: you are guilty here of eliciting strong fe...
- msc said It’s a great shame that the marvellous, very...
- Marissa said Of course the issue of gender is fundamental here,...
- Netmilsmom said I’m so tired of the idea of asking Catholics...
- Kerry said In his book Flags of our Fathers, the author remar...
- yatzer said Water buffalo? They have water buffalo in Italy as...
- The Masked Chicken said “Academics overwhelmingly support infanticid...
- yatzer said My dad was there also, about the same age at the t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said AnneTherese, “From reading the Gospels, it...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
- Robin Hooders saving people from parking fines
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 February 2009
You know that I am rooting for His Hermeneuticalness.
But what if…. what if….
The Mulier Fortis has a wickedly amusing thought.
In honor of the Super Bowl, which I may not watch .. or glance at with only partial interest because it doesn’t have anything to do with baseball or hockey, …
Which team should emerge victorious?
I think two teams are playing… … Continue reading
Have you voted?
We need your help to keep our Catholic blogs strong in these award sites.
It has been a while since I did a PODCAzT, but I figured it was time to plunge back in.
Today we will drill into a hymn sung by Holy Church in the Liturgia horarum for Sunday Vespers every other Sunday, … Continue reading
Be honest now.
When it comes right down to it… and you can answer in perfect anonymity,…
In which language do you really prefer for Holy Mass?
Latin (or liturgical language of your Rite) (77%, 1,815 Votes)
My mother tongue or … Continue reading
This is in from CathCon. This comes from Die Welt online.
Remember that Card. Lehmann was also an apprentice of the late Fr. Karl Rahner. Unlike Fr. Ratzinger, Fr. Lehmann stuck rather closer to his mentor’s hermeneutic of discontinuity and rupture … Continue reading
Fr. Thomas Dufner, pastor of Holy Family in St. Louis Park, MN, a friend of mine, has done wonders at his parish, in a near-Western suburb of Minneapolis.
People travel long distances to attend Mass there. The church is … Continue reading
May I ask you, please, to renew your prayers or continue them as the case may be for Fr. Reginald Foster?
He is the well-known American Latinist and Carmelite working for the Holy See.
You might recall that he was taken … Continue reading
Boston’s Archbishop Sean Card. O’Malley has a blog and he has written briefly on the SSPX controversy which recently arose.
Hello to you all!
The Vatican announced this week that the Holy Father has lifted the excommunications of four bishops of the … Continue reading
I received this from Alcuin Reid, who is the editor and author of good liturgical sources:
Statement by Dr Alcuin Reid:
On Friday BBC Radio asked me to discuss recent events concerning the SSPX on ‘The Sunday Programme’ this morning. Following that … Continue reading