You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Supertradmum said When seminaries allow both kneeling of altar serve...
- maryh said @Dave N For example sex abuse in the public school...
- Matt R said This happened in my parish. I decided one day in A...
- maryh said Addition: the 2011 incident was not reported as a...
- maryh said @xgenerationcatholic I followed the links you gave...
- JuliaSaysPax said I had no idea that something needed to be done aft...
- Desertfalcon said I don’t know why he did it, but no reason ca...
- Lynne said The problem in Archbisop Meyer’s diocese lea...
- Giuseppe said Catholic middle school memory (nerd edition): I b...
- Conchur said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. He ch...
- Thomas S said Thank you, Charles. It seems to leave a lot of ro...
- wmeyer said As usual, Dr. Peters’ clarification is excel...
- maryh said Hmmm. I can see why the Vatican rejected the 1998...
- Vecchio di Londra said I was at a NO Mass a few weeks ago when the (very...
- e.davison49 said Ask yourselves what the point is. Sure, there are...
- Charles E Flynn said After a Church Is Attacked....
- wmeyer said I’ve heard that there are more sex abuse cases in...
- Scott W. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, everyone el...
- Will D. said The Roman Canon is used regularly at my parish, wh...
- PostCatholic said No doubt the act is cleaner, but there are plenty...
- THREEHEARTS said Is it me? Am I wrong in considering that the prela...
- Will D. said At my parish, all the altar servers (boys and girl...
- Dave N. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, every...
- Tradster said I believe the LCWR is the only issue on which I wo...
- Thomas S said What other acts committed in a church would consti...
- cornelius74 said I got accepted to the BA course in theology at the...
- charismatictrad said I go back and forth with things like this. Yes, se...
- VexillaRegis said Fr. Jim: “I was at a very large con-celebrated mas...
- Scott W. said I’ll reserve judgement until I see the fine...
- xgenerationcatholic said I wanted to believe that the bishops had cleaned u...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 1 February 2009
You know that I am rooting for His Hermeneuticalness.
But what if…. what if….
The Mulier Fortis has a wickedly amusing thought.
In honor of the Super Bowl, which I may not watch .. or glance at with only partial interest because it doesn’t have anything to do with baseball or hockey, …
Which team should emerge victorious?
I think two teams are playing… … Continue reading
Have you voted?
We need your help to keep our Catholic blogs strong in these award sites.
It has been a while since I did a PODCAzT, but I figured it was time to plunge back in.
Today we will drill into a hymn sung by Holy Church in the Liturgia horarum for Sunday Vespers every other Sunday, … Continue reading
Be honest now.
When it comes right down to it… and you can answer in perfect anonymity,…
In which language do you really prefer for Holy Mass?
Latin (or liturgical language of your Rite) (77%, 1,815 Votes)
My mother tongue or … Continue reading
This is in from CathCon. This comes from Die Welt online.
Remember that Card. Lehmann was also an apprentice of the late Fr. Karl Rahner. Unlike Fr. Ratzinger, Fr. Lehmann stuck rather closer to his mentor’s hermeneutic of discontinuity and rupture … Continue reading
Fr. Thomas Dufner, pastor of Holy Family in St. Louis Park, MN, a friend of mine, has done wonders at his parish, in a near-Western suburb of Minneapolis.
People travel long distances to attend Mass there. The church is … Continue reading
May I ask you, please, to renew your prayers or continue them as the case may be for Fr. Reginald Foster?
He is the well-known American Latinist and Carmelite working for the Holy See.
You might recall that he was taken … Continue reading
Boston’s Archbishop Sean Card. O’Malley has a blog and he has written briefly on the SSPX controversy which recently arose.
Hello to you all!
The Vatican announced this week that the Holy Father has lifted the excommunications of four bishops of the … Continue reading
I received this from Alcuin Reid, who is the editor and author of good liturgical sources:
Statement by Dr Alcuin Reid:
On Friday BBC Radio asked me to discuss recent events concerning the SSPX on ‘The Sunday Programme’ this morning. Following that … Continue reading