HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Good point. For those people it’s very personal- it’s all About Wonderful Me. According to news reports (even from Lib media) some have sought profession al...
- Gregg the Obscure: Father mentioned that some people have complained to him that Mass is boring. This has been a recurring theme in recent months, so i’m guessing he’s heard it a few...
- adriennep: This reminds me of The Lord of the World end-times novel by Robert Hugh Benson in which the last Pope has every remaining persecuted Catholic speak Latin. It acts as code language. So...
- Patrick71: Father used the seven loaves in the Gospel to teach about the seven sacraments and their role in our lives.
- Lurker 59: @Amerikane r The answer is complex and will vary according to the historian. It is largely seen as a political issue with the Society growing too powerful and influentia l for the tastes...
- TonyO: [The exaltation of sterile sexual selfish self-grati fication. She’s the Synod’s perfect young spokesdupe .] I have to ask this, Fr. Z: are you sure the term is “spo kesdupe 221;? I...
- bobbird: It was my understand ing as well that the Suppressio n of the Jesuits was inspired by Masons. The Jesuits had brought back untold numbers of Protestant s and spread the Faith into the New...
- Fr. Jim B: Speaking of taking good things away. The more I offer TLM, use the Parish Ritual, and read books such as Fr. Ripperger& #8217;s prayers of minor exorcisms/ deliveranc e, the more I...
- Amerikaner: What did the Jesuits do in the 1700’ ;s that caused the suppressio n?
- Ave Maria: Oh, those early Jesuits were fantastic! But now… ..anyway, as I understand it, St. John Paul II came close to suppressin g the modern Jesuits but Fr. Arrupe was able to forest...
- JustaSinner: Well, if he wins, at least the wall is done; Vatican City encircled by them already and all…
- Kathleen10: Semper Gumby, what is really unnerving is these are people who are often church going people or at least, people I would consider very moral and balanced individual s. There is an...
- Semper Gumby: The Energy of the Youth is a powerful narcotic to certain people young and old. The New catholic Red Guard is harnessing that energy, presenting it as Wisdom, and then exploiting it...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Yep, TDS like Bush43 Derangemen t Syndrome is real. Deportatio ns, children in cages, and temporary bans on Muslim immigrants from certain countries were all policies of...
- Suburbanbanshee: Well, there̵ 7;s no guarantee that the “you ng peopleR 21; cheering were even Catholics. It’s pretty common today for leftists to hire demonstrat ors, often from...
- Suburbanbanshee: It’s actually Biblical to make jokes about names. I mean, we don’ t hear about Beelzebub by his right name, and there are a fair number of human kings who got the same...
- Benedict Joseph: Those days surely bear no resemblanc e to these days. This bitter herb makes the rounds on the Catholic internet this weekend from Cardinal Braz de Aviz, president of the Congreg...
- Suburbanbanshee: St. Elijah doesn̵ 7;t always have men landing on the Moon on his saint̵ 7;s day, but when he does, they ride in LEM chariots of fire!
- Tooksam: Sorry should say “act like they belongR 21;
- Tooksam: I find that some Catholics today act they belong to the Church Triumphant when in fact we belong to the Church Militant.
- AnthonyJ: I agree with Father Ignatius. Many of the modern Jesuits have no doubt gone off the rails, but the Jesuits who were suppressed were orthodox and loyal sons of the Church. The suppressio n...
- Gab: “Per haps it’s time to begin preparing our conscience s for the day that some bishops’ conference tries to ordain women and the Vatican declines to correct them, or even accepts it....
- fr.ignatius: Historical ly this event was one of the greatest disasters in the history of our ChurchR 30; perhaps many Jesuits have lost the plot today, but historical ly they were the impetus...
- Grant M: I remember it well. I was 12 and space mad. I saved newspaper clippings of all US and some USSR space missions from the time that Apollo 7 made its brilliant test of the Apollo spacecr...
- JuliB: I used to follow his blog, and thought he was a pretty decent apologist. I don’ t expect to agree with anyone 100% of the time, so tended to overlook some of his opinions. Howev...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 5 February 2009
His Excellency Most Reverend, Joseph Martino, Bishop of SCranton, has just published his letter to Sen. Robert Casey (D-PA) regarding his vote against the Martinez amendment which would have prevented President Obama from rescinding the Mexico City policy. Bishop Martino … Continue reading
The Italian site Messa in latino has an interesting post about a network of German priests, Priesternetzwerk, who support Pope Benedict. They are alarmed at the bad treatment in the German press and the ambiguous attitude of some of their … Continue reading
On a lighter and more immediate note: Is it allowed or recommended to starch an alb? The priest that says the EF Mass for us needs help with the cleaning, mending, etc. of his albs and other liturgical garments. I … Continue reading
Lots of people are talking now along these lines… "Bishop Williamson must change his views or, if there is a reconciliation of the SSPX, he won’t be given an assignment." Folks, inter alia, Williamson was born in 1940. Do the … Continue reading
Some critics of the Pope are suggesting that the Vatican is open to the hard-liners on the right, but closed and cold to the warm-hearted forward-looking progressive thinkers on the left. The Pope is willing to bend over backward for … Continue reading
In the official newspaper of the Diocese of Columbus, OH, there is an interesting notice from the Office of Worship. It is a brief piece, and therefore cannot drill to depth, but it is useful nonethess. And the topic couldn’t … Continue reading
A friend sent me this. I think it applies to many spheres of life. It even applies to our "brick by brick" approach to rebuilding Catholic identity, one little move in obscurity at a time. Mostly, this applies to moms, … Continue reading
This from LifeSite. Vatican Official: Bishops Have no Choice But to Refuse Communion to Pro-Abort PoliticiansBy Hilary White ROME, January 30, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Archbishop Raymond Burke, in an exclusive interview last week, told LifeSiteNews.com that the issue of pro-abortion … Continue reading
The WaPo’s On Faith has a note from Fr. Thomas J Reese, side-lined former editor of America. For some reason he still in everyone’s Rolodex. Reese has a comment on Pope Benedict. I am sure you were waiting for it. … Continue reading
Are any there any priest readers of WDTPRS from San Antonio, TX? Drop me a line if you have a moment. Question for you.
In the latest number of The Catholic Herald, the best Catholic news weekly in the UK, there are some interesting stories. I see the online edition, which is really useful! I’ll just do a stream of first impressions about things … Continue reading
If you are in the USA, you have seen the "Hi, I’m a PC… and I’m a Mac" commercials. Amusing. You have heard the smug superiority of Mac users. (I guarantee you are going to hear more in the combox!) … Continue reading
Time has jumped into the fray, commenting on the lifting of the excommunications of the four… well… let’s be honest… the one SSPX Bishop Williamson. Time’s Rome correspondent hasn’t reported Catholic events and issues concerning traditional expressions of Catholicism with … Continue reading