Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Benedict Joseph: Not in the least surprised by this — his exoneratio n or the fact that he remains in the dock, there surely is a brutal irony that a priest cleared of charges endures margi...
- John Grammaticus: Upon reflection there are many things that I could say about Cadinal Cupich that cannot be printed, suffice to say that his public actions can only lead me to conclude that he...
- francophile: I lost a very dear priest friend who was treated horribly by McCarrick. He was a good man… and now lost to the Church and to the world because of this bishop. Out of respect for...
- teomatteo: Charles, i respect you too much (i always read your comments) to not repond here at the end and say i was kidding about the NASA staging thing. I am not an “ant i-satelite ”.
- LeoWong: Unlike Fr. Phillips and Padre Pio, we who haven̵ 7;t been given orders needn̵ 7;t be quiet. “Som eone should write a book.̶ 1; Meanwhile, the stones will cry out.
- mike cliffson: Reuters? Rooters
- The Astronomer: St. Padre Pio had the notorious Abp. Gagliardi unjustly persecute him. Fr. Philips has Cardinal Cupich. ’nuf f said.
- Ages: The letter doesn̵ 7;t even say that he was exonerated ; in fact it implies the opposite.
- Eoin OBolguidhir: No one should be surprised. My offering from March: “Don ’t be naïve. It will not be quick. The PROCESS is the PUNISHMENT . Guilty or innocent’s got nothing to do with it....
- bobbird: A tough call … I have been tempted to embarrass bishops by picketing the chancery. We have done it at “Cat holic̶ 1; hospitals that violate medical ethics too numerous to...
- fuquaysteve: I am confused 8230;I thought mercy was at the core of the heirarchy of the Church.
- anna 6: Why is there no mention in this letter that the priest has been exonerated ? If I recieved this letter I would have assumed that he was found guilty based on the decision of the archbishop .
- Paliakas1: There was no media at the 7:30 mass. Father Thelander said mass. During announceme nts all that was said was to note the letter that was included in the bulletin. As a long time parish...
- TonyO: Sorry, meant to say “the Church is not a democracy, anywayR 21;. Got my nouns mixed.
- TonyO: Don’ t know that anything I have to say is original – so many of the comments above are quite correct. We should pray for McCarrick, his soul is in danger. But we (the Church)...
- Amerikaner: Can he file with a canon lawyer to eventually undo the Cardinal 8217;s position?
- Gregg the Obscure: “Ble ssed are they that suffer persecutio n for justice 217; sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and...
- Dismas: A psalm comes to mind – “Sup er flumina Babylonis illic sedimus et flevimus, cum recordarem ur Sion… ;” I remember how it ends too. Queuing Palestrina .
- Kathleen10: This is an outrage, and an obvious political hit. The minions are no longer concealing their animus cautiously , they make it crystal clear. And why not, they have acted with impuni...
- Caesar: I had the good fortune to be able to attend a conference last October put on by the Catholic Art Guild and hosted by Fr Phillips and St John Cantius. During his speech following the dinner...
- Ave Maria: This is a time of crisis in the Church, long planned. And so it is a time of trial. We recall that SAINT Padre Pio was removed from public ministry for about 10 years and I don’ t...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: There is, evidently, a shortage of priestless parishes?
- Mike: That “rec eiving support 221; in the letter has me scratching my head a bit. It would not, however, seem to diminish the Cardinal 8217;s responsibi lity explicitly to restore Fr....
- rwj: There should really be clarificat ion from the Archbishop as to his reasons. Could it be that he did not break any canon or civil laws, but has done something else immoral or unsavory? Perhaps...
- Gil Garza: Pharoah has spoken. It is a surprise to nobody. The wise among you must be ready for what comes next. I expect Pharaoh to flip the parish. The parish must tighten their belts and be...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Reuters and @PhilipPullella create fake news, pit Francis against Trump
- Fr. Phillips of @SJCantius will NOT be allowed to return to public ministry after he was exonerated
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 5 February 2009
His Excellency Most Reverend, Joseph Martino, Bishop of SCranton, has just published his letter to Sen. Robert Casey (D-PA) regarding his vote against the Martinez amendment which would have prevented President Obama from rescinding the Mexico City policy.
Bishop Martino … Continue reading
The Italian site Messa in latino has an interesting post about a network of German priests, Priesternetzwerk, who support Pope Benedict.
They are alarmed at the bad treatment in the German press and the ambiguous attitude of some of their bishops … Continue reading
On a lighter and more immediate note:
Is it allowed or recommended to starch an alb? The priest that says the EF Mass for us needs help with the cleaning, mending, etc. of his albs and other liturgical garments. I would … Continue reading
Lots of people are talking now along these lines…
"Bishop Williamson must change his views or, if there is a reconciliation of the SSPX, he won’t be given an assignment."
Folks, inter alia, Williamson was born in 1940. Do the math.
He won’t … Continue reading
Some critics of the Pope are suggesting that the Vatican is open to the hard-liners on the right, but closed and cold to the warm-hearted forward-looking progressive thinkers on the left.
The Pope is willing to bend over backward for Bishop … Continue reading
In the official newspaper of the Diocese of Columbus, OH, there is an interesting notice from the Office of Worship.
It is a brief piece, and therefore cannot drill to depth, but it is useful nonethess.
And the topic couldn’t be a … Continue reading
A friend sent me this.
I think it applies to many spheres of life. It even applies to our "brick by brick" approach to rebuilding Catholic identity, one little move in obscurity at a time.
Mostly, this applies to moms, the real … Continue reading
This from LifeSite.
Vatican Official: Bishops Have no Choice But to Refuse Communion to Pro-Abort PoliticiansBy Hilary White
ROME, January 30, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Archbishop Raymond Burke, in an exclusive interview last week, told LifeSiteNews.com that the issue of pro-abortion politicians continuing … Continue reading
The WaPo’s On Faith has a note from Fr. Thomas J Reese, side-lined former editor of America. For some reason he still in everyone’s Rolodex. Reese has a comment on Pope Benedict.
I am sure you were waiting for it.
Benedict … Continue reading
Are any there any priest readers of WDTPRS from San Antonio, TX?
Drop me a line if you have a moment. Question for you.
In the latest number of The Catholic Herald, the best Catholic news weekly in the UK, there are some interesting stories.
I see the online edition, which is really useful!
I’ll just do a stream of first impressions about … Continue reading
If you are in the USA, you have seen the "Hi, I’m a PC… and I’m a Mac" commercials. Amusing.
You have heard the smug superiority of Mac users.
(I guarantee you are going to hear more in … Continue reading
Time has jumped into the fray, commenting on the lifting of the excommunications of the four… well… let’s be honest… the one SSPX Bishop Williamson.
Time’s Rome correspondent hasn’t reported Catholic events and issues concerning traditional expressions of Catholicism with perfect … Continue reading