Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- mburn16 said “And the altar rail couldn’t be extended sid...
- Laura R. said I have Firefox and it stopped part way through. T...
- majuscule said I got to thinking… Right now the Fishwrap™ h...
- OrthodoxChick said Masked Chicken, Wow! That was awesome! When I fi...
- Magpie said Sick liberal minds.
- Wiktor said Angie Mcs: look closer. There *is* a gate (opened...
- pattif said The Tablet’s editorial this weekend takes th...
- JamesM said Father, what are your views on St. Patrick’s...
- benedetta said How very sad.
- Gerard Plourde said I guess that the author of the letter didn’t...
- RichR said P.S. As a singer in a schola, I just noticed the...
- Amy Giglio said Perhaps Mr. Halligan and people who think like him...
- Amy Giglio said Perhaps Mr. Halligan and people who think like him...
- Angie Mcs said Father, beautifully and respectfully expressed. If...
- NBW said Ah the good old days! It sad to see how easy we h...
- Angie Mcs said Excuse the typo, as I grazed the post button befor...
- NBW said What a beautiful job!!!
- Angie Mcs said The renovation is quite beautiful, giving a sense...
- Kathleen10 said “…they also need to be investigating a...
- HobokenZephyr said St. Patrick’s Day is our paternal feast day,...
- RichR said I’m surprised no one has mentioned the obvio...
- avecrux said Beautiful. This is happening all over… happe...
- Gladiatrix said I find this display of historical and medical illi...
- RichardT said It says “The precept of fasting implies also...
- Supertradmum said The purposeful misuse of language is “propag...
- Suburbanbanshee said Ireland’s fasting laws were stiffer, and so...
- pannw said Wow… Part of me is really glad that isn̵...
- Patrick-K said It’s odd that this person seems to view the...
- Arele said BLBOregon, did you hear the new good news that Pop...
- The Masked Chicken said I have thought about it and, even if no one reads...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 9 February 2009
Can you believe that Huffington Post got a question during Pres. Obama’s presser?
I think WDTPRS should have been in the front row… but not anywhere near Helen Thomas, thanks very much.
What question should I have asked? Hmmm….
Formulating the right question … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate found and interview with Card. Castrillon, President of the Pont. Comm. Ecclesia Dei, on a Colombian radio network RCN.
The story on RCN.
There is an interesting quote.
"I have always had truth as a rule. The … Continue reading
You might be interested in this story from Inside The Vatican. A reader sent the link.
Did you know that the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre’s father died in a Nazi concentration camp?
Read about it.
This is interesting to think about in the … Continue reading
Folks.. I implore you…
If you send me things by e-mail you think are good for posting or writing about, or even just reviewing…
… send usable texts and working LINKS.
From a reader:
The A word was uttered today at the local (n.o.) Mass this morning.
Is the A only buried by traditional Catholics on Septuagesima Sunday? (Or can I answer my own question – there is no more Septuagesima in … Continue reading
The clerical garb issue is getting interestinger all the time.
It started when Fr. Longenecker offered contumacious snark in the direction of all WDTPRSers.
But when WDTPRS mentioned ferraiuolo, Fr. L went silent. I think we all know why.
Support for WDTPRS has … Continue reading
Regarding the entry on indulgences, a reader sent this.
It is reputed to by Martin Luther’s very own receipt he received at Wittenberg. He wanted evidence against the Church selling plenary indulgences, and all he got was this.
Now.. I wouldn’t want … Continue reading
In Der Spiegel, a German weekly, Bp. Williamson, the former rector of the SSPX seminary in Argentina, was interviewed.
Go to the link to read the whole thing, but here are some of the more interesting points.
My emphases and comments. We … Continue reading