Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sportsfan: “Bap tism of child̶ 1;, possible. “chi ld of a same-sex coupleR 21;, impossible . It depends on where you put the quotes.
- Ms. M-S: A family? A father, mother, and their child? Perhaps in the midst of the current insanity we needed a gentle reminder from the past of what’ ;s real and what’ ;s worth preserv...
- JustaSinner: Oh Father, I’d like to imagine them making sense̷ 0;
- johnnys: That guy must have been pretty tired after doing all that dancing. Being the only guy and all. Well… ;maybe not.
- teomatteo: “Kee p shouting. Shout louder. That’s what it means to be a witness.” No. Thats what it means to be a loudmouth or a clanging gong.
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: I hope they read as part of this program my article on why Hildegard of Bingen absolutely rejected the ordination of women: https://ww w.jstor.or g/stable/3 167533?...
- Arthur McGowan: Why should anyone be shocked that bishops are punishing priests for speaking against sodomy? Bishops have long been punishing priests for refusing to commit an act that is a more...
- Charles E Flynn: Meanwhile, the Cistercian s “sch olar on”& #8221; https://ww w.cisterci anpublicat ions.org/P roducts/CS 274P/Every day-Life-a t-La-Trapp e-under-Ar mandJean-d e-Ranc
- Kevin: Actually feminism and Catholicis m do mix… .”So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.̶ 1;
- benedetta: Great commentary , Father. Thanks for the laughs today.
- Anneliese: Reading this with an Old Fashioned in hand brought a giggle to my rather dismal day. It’s also an incredibly frustratin g story as I know this type of stuff happens more frequen...
- jaykay: “Kee p shouting. Shout louder. That’s what it means to be a witness.” No, it means shouting at each other. Or at the traffic. Same result. Dialogue of the deaf. Definitely not ̶...
- Credoh: It wasn’ ;t Archbishop Tartaglia who sacked Fr Morris; it was GCU. Here’ ;s an article for Crux by the Archbishop . I now expect a robust response to GCU… https://cr uxnow...
- Kerry: If one pokes around at the GCU website, don’ t miss the photo of the new, first female (!), chancellor /President . Also on the staff, is an “Equ ality Expeert 221;. (I am not...
- Semper Gumby: “Som e great purpose and design is being worked out here below, of which we have the honor to be faithful servants.& #8221; – Winston Churchill addressing the U.S. Congr...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Sanguszka, “It is frankly abhorrent& #8221; [but no longer surprising ]” that a Catholic priest would be dismissed from his post as a Catholic chaplain for merely...
- Semper Gumby: Excellent.
- jhayes: In the rite of consecrati on, the woman puts her hands between those of the bishop and says “Fat her, receive my resolution to follow Christ in a life of perfect chastity which, with...
- Sanguszka: Please see the UK Catholic Herald http://cat holicheral d.co.uk/ne ws/2018/07 /19/univer sity-chapl ain-sacked -after-hol ding-servi ce-of-repa ration-for -gay-pride /?platform =hootsu...
- Lurker 59: The following is a bit hyperbolic but is descriptiv e of the angst that is experience d by some out there, and much more than myself. Fr. Z’s story about the conversion of the Jew,...
- JamesA: Done. I will also point out that according to Wikipedia, Archbishop Tartaglia has also been a target of our friends the homosexual ists ( who have no lobby in the Vatican, as we are assured...
- Sawyer: Father, I pray and I try to persevere, but it is hard to avoid discourage ment. Without writing a lengthy post, I and others I know struggle with deteriorat ing conditions in the world and...
- Kevin: This comment is a copy/paste of a comment I made earlier this week. ‘I am currently reading “The Sayings of the Desert Fathers: The Alphabetic al Collection ”. This is a quote from St....
- majuscule: In this case I’m sure “psycholog ical evaluation ” = communist re-educati on camp.
- Joy65: Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be for Father Morris and for our world. He did the exact right thing no matter what the world thinks.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- What could possibly go wrong? – UPDATED
- YOUR GOOD NEWS… and Washington DC’s new Auxiliary Bishop and key priest at Detroit’s major seminary
- Budding young feminist archeologists
- ASK FATHER: Baptism of child of a same-sex couple?
- BOOK RECEIVED: Why Humanae Vitae Is Still Right!
- What the TMSM is doing with your donations
- Who is behind that “Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video” and how are they being treated?
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for Fr. Morris, victim of the homosexualist agenda
- Are we still trustworthy?
- Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video. Then Fr. Z rants about crying.
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 9 February 2009
Can you believe that Huffington Post got a question during Pres. Obama’s presser?
I think WDTPRS should have been in the front row… but not anywhere near Helen Thomas, thanks very much.
What question should I have asked? Hmmm….
Formulating the right question … Continue reading
A reader, KK, sent this.
Our friends at Rorate found and interview with Card. Castrillon, President of the Pont. Comm. Ecclesia Dei, on a Colombian radio network RCN.
The story on RCN.
There is an interesting quote.
"I have always had truth as a rule. The … Continue reading
You might be interested in this story from Inside The Vatican. A reader sent the link.
Did you know that the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre’s father died in a Nazi concentration camp?
Read about it.
This is interesting to think about in the … Continue reading
Folks.. I implore you…
If you send me things by e-mail you think are good for posting or writing about, or even just reviewing…
… send usable texts and working LINKS.
From a reader:
The A word was uttered today at the local (n.o.) Mass this morning.
Is the A only buried by traditional Catholics on Septuagesima Sunday? (Or can I answer my own question – there is no more Septuagesima in … Continue reading
The clerical garb issue is getting interestinger all the time.
It started when Fr. Longenecker offered contumacious snark in the direction of all WDTPRSers.
But when WDTPRS mentioned ferraiuolo, Fr. L went silent. I think we all know why.
Support for WDTPRS has … Continue reading
Regarding the entry on indulgences, a reader sent this.
It is reputed to by Martin Luther’s very own receipt he received at Wittenberg. He wanted evidence against the Church selling plenary indulgences, and all he got was this.
Now.. I wouldn’t want … Continue reading
In Der Spiegel, a German weekly, Bp. Williamson, the former rector of the SSPX seminary in Argentina, was interviewed.
Go to the link to read the whole thing, but here are some of the more interesting points.
My emphases and comments. We … Continue reading
I often post photos of food prep and presentation.
There is another really important part of the process.
Cleaning your cutting board…. indeed all surfaces.
I was handling some chicken recently. After handling raw meat wash wash wash, hands and surfaces.
I am not … Continue reading
From Hell’s Bible… the floundering New York Times comes this.
My emphases and comments.
For Catholics, Heaven Moves a Step Closer
By PAUL VITELLOPublished: February 9, 2009
The announcement in church bulletins and on Web sites has been greeted with enthusiasm by some and … Continue reading
A really interesting story came to my e-mail.
H.E. Most Rev. Daniel Jenky, Bishop of Peoria, ordered that a letter of his composition be read in all churches on Sunday. Some parishes did not comply.
The issue? His concern over anti-Catholicism.
Background: A … Continue reading
This is in from the Cardinal Newman Society:
Students and faculty returned to Boston College (BC), a Jesuit Catholic institution, for the Spring 2009 semester to find that crucifixes and icons had been placed in many classrooms that had been long … Continue reading