When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- JimRB said We chose not to go to mass this morning, in order...
- Prayerful said I will never be a bishop, but this does look a tre...
- andia said The priest talked about why the apostles did what...
- Grateful to be Catholic said EF at Old St. Mary’s in DC, Good Shepherd Go...
- aquinas138 said Byzantine Divine Liturgy: Today is the Sunday of t...
- kat said EF Father spoke on vocations: Youth must pray to...
- Charles E Flynn said There is now a short video of the Chopstick Master...
- Gregorius said OF. Father had to take this Mass as the one schedu...
- Gerard Plourde said While Sr. Joan’s comments may not be clear,...
- mysticalrose said OF Mass. Father said that Christ called forth livi...
- Gerard Plourde said He was a strong and faithful voice in the Church....
- knute said Ordinary Form. We must suffer in this life in orde...
- Vincent said Much the same as iPadre today (OF but Brompton Ora...
- SanSan said “It seems too obvious, it must be passé by n...
- SanSan said Heading to Mass (at another local parish) in an h...
- Yorkmum said EF Mass… If Jesus is the good shepherd that...
- IPSB said Not that I can remember in the sermon, [Which is s...
- iPadre said Jesus gave the Apostles and disciples experiences...
- pattif said My first reaction to this news was to wonder if Ca...
- gheg said Attitudes toward church membership tend to be a bi...
- Bob the Ape said “Ogres have layers.” – Shrek
- pannw said Something about not enduring sound doctrine and it...
- MacBride said Fr, What color vestment? I would think Gold and Pu...
- NBW said I think Sr. Joan has been enjoying the “magi...
- Daniel W said Heather, I agree with Paul VI, the couple do not...
- Legisperitus said As my high school French teacher used to remind us...
- Choirgirl said I’m surprised that Sr. Joan left out the par...
- jbazchicago said Oh Zuhlsdorf…. YOU DON’T GET IT! SHE I...
- Sonshine135 said Everyone please pray for vocations and offer yours...
- gramma10 said Oh my goodness! No wonder so many people are confu...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
- ASK FATHER: What’s with all the kissing in the Extraordinary Form?
- ASK FATHER: 58 years old, never confessed, given Communion or confirmed. What now?
- ASK FATHER: Is it okay to have an Armenian Apostolic member as godparent for a Catholic?
- ASK FATHER: Does drinking alcohol before wedding affect validity of marriage?
- ASK FATHER: I made a hasty promise to God. Now what?
- Happy Birthday Holy Father! Benedict XVI – 88 yrs
- ASK FATHER: Marriage in “another suitable place”
- Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga: ongoing synodal process until result is obtained?
- Card. Brandmüller speaks bluntly
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- Regarding recent repasts
- The Wanderer’s Open Letter to Pope Francis
- Pontifical Mass in Hong Kong
- Card. Sarah in a new, wide-ranging interview
- Interesting SSPX development in Buenos Aires
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PETITION TO POPE FRANCIS: Declare St. John Paul II “Doctor of the Church”!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- WDTPRS “Low” Sunday, “Mercy” Sunday, “Quasimodo” Sunday, Sunday “in albis”
- Do you pray for the priests who gave you sacraments?
- It looks like he “judged” after all!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 18 February 2009
Fr. Lombardi, head of Vatican Radio and the Press Office, thus the papal spokesman, gave an address to a meeting in Spain, the communications commission for the Spanish bishops’ conference.
I will look at it soon.
Very cool news about a comet.
Space Weather News for Feb. 18, 2009
COMET LULIN UPDATE: Comet Lulin is approaching Earth and brightening rapidly. Observers say it is now visible to the naked eye as a faint (magnitude +5.6) gassy patch … Continue reading
Brian Mershon, who sometimes comments here, has on the site of The Remnant posted an interview with SSPX Bishop Bernard Fellay.
It is too long to bring over here, so here are a couple salient points:
Mershon: Did you ever think this … Continue reading
This is also from The Hill:
Pope lectures Pelosi on abortion stanceBy Mike SoraghanPosted: 02/18/09 10:32 AM [ET]
Pope Benedict XVI made clear to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Wednesday that she cannot advocate for abortion rights and still be a good Catholic.
After … Continue reading
The Speaker says it was a "conversation". She mentions only what she thought was important enough to reveal.
The Holy See mentions in its release what the POPE thought most important to reveal.
The mismatch between the … Continue reading
From The Hill.
Pay close attention to this.
My emphases and comments.
Concerns, hopes as Pelosi meets pope at the Vatican By Mike Soraghan Posted: 02/17/09 08:26 PM [ET]
[Do you want to know why Archbp. Burke and others talk … Continue reading
Beautiful here today, after lots of heavy clinging snow.
My friend Mr. John L. Allen, Jr., the nearly ubiquitous fair-minded columnist for the ultra-lefty NCR posted his analysis of the meeting pro-abortion Catholic Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Speaker of the House, had with Pope Benedict.
My emphases and comments.
Pope’s meeting with … Continue reading
I want to pass long thanks to some of you who have recently used the donation button on the left side bar and on some posts. I am very grateful. From time to time I collect the names of those … Continue reading
Today Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), well-known for her pro-abortion career in politics despite her profession of Catholic faith, met briefly with His Holiness Pope Benedict.
Here is a statement from the Press Office:
Following the General Audience the Holy … Continue reading