"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Allan S. said Sounds like the only things that didn’t chan...
- Sonshine135 said When asked by the host to comment on Pope Francis,...
- Matt Robare said So not only did Jesus not mean what He said with &...
- Supertradmum said I am a ND girl, btw and was at ND same time as Vor...
- Supertradmum said Disappointed in Salt and Light, as I thought some...
- Mike said In what I suppose was yet another application of t...
- pseudomodo said Even though I have my doubts that ms Ambrosio has...
- Prayerful said If at a NO Mass, ‘us and our salvation’...
- JohnMa said anachy, I agree that we have pretty much been segr...
- daveams said Salt and Light, eh? “But if the salt lose it...
- Grateful to be Catholic said How appropriate, today’s Gospel reading: ...
- Matthew Gaul said Rob22, if you end up exploring Orthodoxy, you may...
- Deacon Augustine said Fr Rosica was so obviously a part of the synod sti...
- anna 6 said I am continually amazed at how many supposedly pro...
- robtbrown said Ambrosio also disparaged the previous papacies of...
- Maximilia said My mom and I have been keenly following the Vestme...
- Janol said So glad we all know that public Revelation of the...
- Grateful to be Catholic said JonPatrick, to be fair to Bishop Tobin, he was tal...
- acardnal said I gave up on Fr. Rosica and his “Salt and Li...
- JesusFreak84 said That’s the sort of baloney that sent me to t...
- jhartne said In the above article it said: “Ambrosio also...
- LarryW2LJ said I know of a priest who, while using the old transl...
- RJHighland said Cardinal Kaspers minons are all ready out and on t...
- Matthias1 said Sigh; my parents’ priest also uses only the...
- avecrux said What strikes me is how patronizing this is: poor l...
- Matthias1 said Yes, welcome “everyone,” but by all me...
- Charles E Flynn said I wonder if this important article was overlooked...
- Charivari Rob said “When asked by the host to comment on Pope F...
- LarryW2LJ said The problem with “Progressives” is tha...
- wolfeken said If nothing else, the last year and a half has cert...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 18 February 2009
Fr. Lombardi, head of Vatican Radio and the Press Office, thus the papal spokesman, gave an address to a meeting in Spain, the communications commission for the Spanish bishops’ conference.
I will look at it soon.
Very cool news about a comet.
Space Weather News for Feb. 18, 2009
COMET LULIN UPDATE: Comet Lulin is approaching Earth and brightening rapidly. Observers say it is now visible to the naked eye as a faint (magnitude +5.6) gassy patch … Continue reading
Brian Mershon, who sometimes comments here, has on the site of The Remnant posted an interview with SSPX Bishop Bernard Fellay.
It is too long to bring over here, so here are a couple salient points:
Mershon: Did you ever think this … Continue reading
This is also from The Hill:
Pope lectures Pelosi on abortion stanceBy Mike SoraghanPosted: 02/18/09 10:32 AM [ET]
Pope Benedict XVI made clear to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Wednesday that she cannot advocate for abortion rights and still be a good Catholic.
After … Continue reading
The Speaker says it was a "conversation". She mentions only what she thought was important enough to reveal.
The Holy See mentions in its release what the POPE thought most important to reveal.
The mismatch between the … Continue reading
From The Hill.
Pay close attention to this.
My emphases and comments.
Concerns, hopes as Pelosi meets pope at the Vatican By Mike Soraghan Posted: 02/17/09 08:26 PM [ET]
[Do you want to know why Archbp. Burke and others talk … Continue reading
My friend Mr. John L. Allen, Jr., the nearly ubiquitous fair-minded columnist for the ultra-lefty NCR posted his analysis of the meeting pro-abortion Catholic Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Speaker of the House, had with Pope Benedict.
My emphases and comments.
Pope’s meeting with … Continue reading
I want to pass long thanks to some of you who have recently used the donation button on the left side bar and on some posts. I am very grateful. From time to time I collect the names of those … Continue reading
Today Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), well-known for her pro-abortion career in politics despite her profession of Catholic faith, met briefly with His Holiness Pope Benedict.
Here is a statement from the Press Office:
Following the General Audience the Holy … Continue reading