Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ellen: You aren’ ;t the only one. The movie about it – Miracle is very good too.
- Mariana2: Spiritus sancti gratia illuminet sensus et corda vestra?
- Mariana2: I’ve been staring at that text. …gra tia illuminat semperR 30;?
- Lux de Coelo: Well done Br Edmund. You’ve solved my mystery
- Amerikaner: Just. Plain. Awesome!
- Kathleen10: That is so beautiful and so inspiring. God bless them and keep them.
- DebbieInCT: hahahahaha !!! I miss Bob Hope, too.
- Gab: Hope your talk was videoed, Fr Z and that you’ ll let us see it :)
- Spinmamma: Beautiful. I teared up. @SKAY What did you mean by your comment?
- SKAY: Unfortunat ely things are changing in this country.
- SKAY: Thank you, Father. I needed that laugh. I miss Bob Hope.
- The Egyptian: Goal is to make your seat a little smaller
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Archbishop Viganò to participants in the Rome “summit” #PBC2019
- Military chaplain reacts to whiny “gay” priests
- 22 February 1980: Miracle on Ice
- My View For Awhile: Rapid Western Strike – RETURN TRIP
- Bob Hope makes insightful observation
- These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
- Mighty St. Thérèse, victim of “fake news” and the cruelty of libs
- New book from Card. Sarah
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
- ASK FATHER: During sick call, tea and biscuits before administering Communion
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 24 February 2009
His Excellency Most Rev. Michael Evans, Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of East Anglia has commented on his website about the lifting of the excommunications of the four SSPX bishops. Shall we have a look? My emphases and comments: STILL … Continue reading
From a reader: When I travel I frequently have to attend NO Masses. Such was the case last Sunday. The parish is liberal and so is the “guest” priest, but I was with a friend, so on I went. The … Continue reading
I had an e-mail which is both sad and uplifting. Sad because the obvious decline of religious life. Uplifting because of the potential and the fact that someone wants to do something about it. Parishes far and wide are trying … Continue reading
Do you say the office, from either devotion and/or obligation? Change your volume and get your ribbons set up.
I have gotten some e-mail about the question sent me about the man who, at the Communion rail during a TLM, stood insisting to the priest that he be given Communion in the hand. Originally I had the combox open … Continue reading
A reader sent a fun note: Father, I saw this prayer on the website of the Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions. As you are well-aware, many members of the Federation are the same people who are on the “progressive” side … Continue reading
We haven’t heard much from His Excellency Archbishop Malcolm Ranjith lately. He is the indomitable and clear-thinking Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments. CWN has posted that Archbp. Ranjith wrote a forward to a … Continue reading