Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- SanSan: Silence = Death
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: As a homebrewer , I warmly approve of their beer. I intend to become a subscriber after the new year.
- cwillia1: Consider an all male hierarchic al organizati on that requires perpetual sexual continence of its members and treats same sex attraction s as seriously disordered . It is obvious that...
- Bellarmino Vianney: “How ever, I know for a fact that homosexual s and mafiosi and all manner of dangerous actors run together, for their interests overlap. 8221; This is likely also the...
- HvonBlumenthal: Abp Vigano makes an important point about why it is specifical ly a problem of homosexual ity. Heterosexu al “0hilander ers” do not organise to recruit other philandere rs or create...
- maternalView: Thanks for the PDF. I’m sharing it. It’s helpful to have all that in one handy booklet.
- PostCatholic: I’ve always wondered about that carnival game where the impossible talk is to catch a greased pig, how do they grease the pigs in the first place? Now we know. Fascinatin g to...
- bigtex: “Again, Viganò has uncovered the root of The Present Crisis: homosexual s and homosexual predation – with the sodocleric alism that results.” No, the root of the crisis started a century...
- John Nelson: The Cannons of St John Cantius also have their 2019 Ordo available. You can order it from their bookstore, Biretta Books, at https://ww w.birettab ooks.com. Also FSSP has theirs...
- maternalView: Yes, there are many good apostolate s that operate with a tight budget and trust in God’ s blessings. We need to support them! I don’ t even like beer but I̵...
- maternalView: This was an excellent letter. Pray for him.
- PanOrganista: Dear Vincent, I don’ t know if you will read this, but I hope that you do. I know EXACTLY how you feel, because I am carrying the same cross; and there are days when I wonder...
- Dan: Pray for Pope Francis. Not to take on a conspiracy . But. Thinking of Paul Harvey “if I were the Devil” If I were the devil. I would know that I can’t takw the seat of peter but that I can...
- Dan: I predict a homily on the “great accuser” in the near future. Pray for Bishop Viganò. Pray for the Church. Hail Mary, full of grace̷ 0;..
- TonyO: Some of these documents are in the files of bishops, covered by canonical rules for confidenti ality. Oullet claims that there are matters he cannot divulge. We need someone with high...
- Julia_Augusta: I also joined the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales last year. They are very active in promoting the TLM and vocations. I never made it to one of their pilgrimage s but one...
- Kathleen10: The voice of the shepherd is easily recognized .
- AnthonyJ: Prayers for this brave bishopR 17;s safety.
- AnthonyJ: Prayers for this brave bishopR 17;s safety.
- Shonkin: It’s a serious error (and a derelictio n of our duty) to withhold all contributi ons from the Church. Some — maybe all — contributi ons should be withheld from the...
- Benedict Joseph: @mibethda: Thank you for pointing to the admonition from Robert Moynihan. I dropped my subscripti on five years ago when he refused to abandon a servile dispositio n in the face of...
- mibethda: Dr. Robert Moynihan, editor in chief of the Inside the Vatican Magazine – a strong supporter of the Papacy, especially under John Paul II (under whose encouragem ent the magaz...
- Therese: The Age of Prophets is NOT dead: the sheer power of his witness takes my breath away.
- iamlucky13: I feel an apprehensi ve knot in my stomach as I read this, because it is evident that no easy dismissals of his claims are possible. He states his awareness of the potential eternal...
- rosula: God bless Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò. He’s paving the way for the restoratio n of the Church under the leadership of Cardinal Robert Sarah.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: Pregnancy and Glory
- Liturgical Ordo for the upcoming liturgical year, 2019.
- Terrific Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Yes, great things are also going on and YOU can participate.
- #ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 26 February 2009
Bishop Martino of Scranton is really defining the issue … AGAIN:
Bishop Again Voices Concern Regarding Sen. Casey’sMexico City Policy Vote
The following letter has been sent to Sen. Bob Casey:
Dear Senator Casey,
It is a matter of deep concern … Continue reading
His Excellency John Vlazny of Portland, Oregon, has made comments about the lifting of the excommunications of the four SSPX bishops.
Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
All in the familyBy Archbishop John Vlazny The first two weekends of … Continue reading
Feel free to send photos and accounts of your Roman Stations during Lent!
I’ll make sure you are anonymous if you wish to be.
We are having a bit of a blizzard.
Supplies have been laid up.
I jarred some very spicy homemade mostarda last week for such an occasion. I made a batch of oranges and lemons, and a batch of carrots, celery and fennel. … Continue reading
A reader read a piece on this blog about the washing of the feet of women on Holy Thursday and decided to approach the liturgy office of his local diocese.
He received this response.
For now I will edit out the … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a quick question if I may. Do you what the differences are, if any, between The New Missal for Every Day and The New Roman Missal by Fr. Lasance? I have the New Roman Missal, but … Continue reading
From The Catholic Spirit of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis comes this statement of the Chancellor of the Archdiocese about the SSPX.
My emphases and comments.
Lifting of bishops’ excommunication doesn’t mean they are in full communion with church
By … Continue reading
I received the following e-mail:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but in a recent survey in our diocese, the priests stated that one of the most stressful problems for them were what the survey question called "expectations of the laity". … Continue reading
This is in from The Catholic Herald.
Documents show Pius saved Jews from NazisBy Ed West27 February 2009
Documents discovered in the Vatican Secret Archives prove that Pope Pius XII helped to save thousands of Jews during the Second World War … Continue reading
Quite often of late and by many we have had opportunity to discuss the "communications skills" of Holy Mother the Catholic Church in its "official" voice.
I found this interesting entry at ragan.com.
Some of the language is a little less … Continue reading
For your Lenten spiritual warfare, here are two version of the Via Crucis, the Way or Stations of the Cross, by St. Alphonsus Liguori.
If people a truly impeded from going to a church, chapel or place where the Stations have … Continue reading
Are you thinking about what you will do for this season of spiritual warfare?
Here is the Holy Father’s message for Lent 2009
My emphases and comments.
Dear Brothers and Sisters!
At the beginning of Lent, which constitutes an itinerary of more … Continue reading
Here is a Declaration from SSPX Bp. Williamson released by the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei.
The Holy Father and my Superior, Bishop Bernard Fellay, have requested that I reconsider the remarks I made on Swedish television four months ago, because their … Continue reading
Scranton’s Bishop, His Excellency Most Reverend Joseph Martino keeps firing on all cylinders. This is in from CNA with my emphases and comments.
Bishop asks university to consider closing Diversity Institute
Scranton, Pa., Feb 26, 2009 / 03:06 am (CNA).- Following controversy … Continue reading