Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- amenamen said “anointed down to our very bones” Is t...
- Suburbanbanshee said That’s beautiful. Seriously. Re: littleness,...
- acricketchirps said Learn something new every day: I always thought pr...
- rosaryarmy said What an amazing reflection on the profound gift of...
- Kyle said 5 pair sent! Thank you for the opportunity to hel...
- lsclerkin said Father, that Alleluia at the end of this podcast...
- VexillaRegis said Thank you from the bottom of my heart for praying...
- Glennonite said Such a way to start my Holy Thursday! The content...
- Tamquam said Delighted to pray for you, Father, as I often do....
- jdm said The parish I grew up in always had me guessing wha...
- BibleAndAGun said My wife and I went to confession at Saint MarkR...
- Louis said I am so excited to see it there!
- Bryan D. Boyle said Father: your Lenten podcasts have been an assignme...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said 28% fulfillment so far! Sock by sock. Keep it goin...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said mimiwnc says: Your Lentcazts have made a differenc...
- mimiwnc said Your Lentcazts have made a difference in our home....
- mimiwnc said The separate podcasts of The Way of The Cross are...
- jameeka said Thank you Father Z for the wonderful sermon by Pop...
- Frank_Bearer said You just wait until the bishop hears about this! T...
- jaykay said Just been to confession, at lunchbreak. Many peopl...
- Sonshine135 said I couldn’t think of a better place to be the...
- Sonshine135 said A blessed Triduum and Easter to all. Behold the Ma...
- LarryW2LJ said Ready? Yes, Fr. Ready to make this Triduum as mea...
- Simon_GNR said May Benedict XVI have a long and happy retirement,...
- Skeinster said Our parish was asked to pray for Jason, father of...
- Skeinster said Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Fr. Z....
- JonPatrick said Have a blessed trip, hopefully the weather will be...
- tjmurphy said At my church we have the pastor and two priests. E...
- Absit invidia said He was a humble, patient, and respectful pope R...
- MaryMargaret said Oh, well, he is the Papa emeritus, no? So I call h...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 26 February 2009
Bishop Martino of Scranton is really defining the issue … AGAIN:
Bishop Again Voices Concern Regarding Sen. Casey’sMexico City Policy Vote
The following letter has been sent to Sen. Bob Casey:
Dear Senator Casey,
It is a matter of deep concern … Continue reading
His Excellency John Vlazny of Portland, Oregon, has made comments about the lifting of the excommunications of the four SSPX bishops.
Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
All in the familyBy Archbishop John Vlazny The first two weekends of … Continue reading
Feel free to send photos and accounts of your Roman Stations during Lent!
I’ll make sure you are anonymous if you wish to be.
We are having a bit of a blizzard.
Supplies have been laid up.
I jarred some very spicy homemade mostarda last week for such an occasion. I made a batch of oranges and lemons, and a batch of carrots, celery and fennel. … Continue reading
A reader read a piece on this blog about the washing of the feet of women on Holy Thursday and decided to approach the liturgy office of his local diocese.
He received this response.
For now I will edit out the … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a quick question if I may. Do you what the differences are, if any, between The New Missal for Every Day and The New Roman Missal by Fr. Lasance? I have the New Roman Missal, but … Continue reading
From The Catholic Spirit of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis comes this statement of the Chancellor of the Archdiocese about the SSPX.
My emphases and comments.
Lifting of bishops’ excommunication doesn’t mean they are in full communion with church
By … Continue reading
I received the following e-mail:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but in a recent survey in our diocese, the priests stated that one of the most stressful problems for them were what the survey question called "expectations of the laity". … Continue reading
This is in from The Catholic Herald.
Documents show Pius saved Jews from NazisBy Ed West27 February 2009
Documents discovered in the Vatican Secret Archives prove that Pope Pius XII helped to save thousands of Jews during the Second World War … Continue reading
Quite often of late and by many we have had opportunity to discuss the "communications skills" of Holy Mother the Catholic Church in its "official" voice.
I found this interesting entry at ragan.com.
Some of the language is a little less … Continue reading