Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Kindspirit said “Built of Living Stones” is the statem...
- Giuseppe said How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet th...
- Widukind said LENTEN LUNCH Lenten lunch, and penitential fare,...
- Andrew Saucci said If muskrat actually does have the “taste of...
- Liz said Polycarpio, thank you for the link to the story ab...
- Andrew Saucci said Too bad we can’t clone Bishop Morlino. We ne...
- Legisperitus said The unfortunate thing about the Quote that WonR...
- IntroiboAdAltareDei said Pax in Maria. @Hank Igitur, I was curious to kno...
- excalibur said It is amazing to see how much fasting has been rem...
- OrthodoxChick said Are we doing this again?? For those who don’...
- wmeyer said …and with my typos, it’s well that I d...
- Bob B. said @robtbrown It was a long war. I was on a 30-day l...
- wmeyer said Chcken, it is the most common error made with my n...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Joe in Canada, Thanks! Masked Chicken, Do you know...
- oldCatholigirl said I know I’m probably too late to defend my fi...
- Chon said Sword40, yes, it would be great to have such a par...
- oldCatholigirl said Presumably its all about getting government benefi...
- Rachel K said Praying for you now Fr Z.
- Polycarpio said There was a great story on CNS about Archbishop Sa...
- kevinm said Thank you Father… Kevin
- Sword40 said Chon, I’m really glad that Holy Rosary is in...
- juventutemDC said THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, your Grace! We...
- Mike said A Hail Mary each for you and for Cardinal George.
- The Masked Chicken said wmeyer, Sorry for the extra s. My comment reading...
- McCall1981 said This part is very intriguing: “I speak to pe...
- Kathleen10 said Nice explanation of the Holy Father’s words....
- letchitsa1 said I agree with cloobie. Also, I wonder…even ci...
- Supertradmum said Sorry about your troubles. Hope you are healthy. I...
- Mike said Thank you, Father. Under IE11 on Windows 7, the p...
- Eric said Muskrat. The other yellow meat.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 26 February 2009
Bishop Martino of Scranton is really defining the issue … AGAIN:
Bishop Again Voices Concern Regarding Sen. Casey’sMexico City Policy Vote
The following letter has been sent to Sen. Bob Casey:
Dear Senator Casey,
It is a matter of deep concern … Continue reading
His Excellency John Vlazny of Portland, Oregon, has made comments about the lifting of the excommunications of the four SSPX bishops.
Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
All in the familyBy Archbishop John Vlazny The first two weekends of … Continue reading
Feel free to send photos and accounts of your Roman Stations during Lent!
I’ll make sure you are anonymous if you wish to be.
We are having a bit of a blizzard.
Supplies have been laid up.
I jarred some very spicy homemade mostarda last week for such an occasion. I made a batch of oranges and lemons, and a batch of carrots, celery and fennel. … Continue reading
A reader read a piece on this blog about the washing of the feet of women on Holy Thursday and decided to approach the liturgy office of his local diocese.
He received this response.
For now I will edit out the … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a quick question if I may. Do you what the differences are, if any, between The New Missal for Every Day and The New Roman Missal by Fr. Lasance? I have the New Roman Missal, but … Continue reading
From The Catholic Spirit of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis comes this statement of the Chancellor of the Archdiocese about the SSPX.
My emphases and comments.
Lifting of bishops’ excommunication doesn’t mean they are in full communion with church
By … Continue reading
I received the following e-mail:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but in a recent survey in our diocese, the priests stated that one of the most stressful problems for them were what the survey question called "expectations of the laity". … Continue reading
This is in from The Catholic Herald.
Documents show Pius saved Jews from NazisBy Ed West27 February 2009
Documents discovered in the Vatican Secret Archives prove that Pope Pius XII helped to save thousands of Jews during the Second World War … Continue reading
Quite often of late and by many we have had opportunity to discuss the "communications skills" of Holy Mother the Catholic Church in its "official" voice.
I found this interesting entry at ragan.com.
Some of the language is a little less … Continue reading