- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- padredana said What are those things hanging on the candles? Wha...
- Fr Martin Fox said Ms. Malley, I have nothing more to say to you. You...
- Ann Malley said @Venerator, Thank YOU for your exhaustive research...
- Ann Malley said Father Fox, it is not a matter of you saying you a...
- AnthonyJ said Dave N, I believe MGL is saying the same thing as...
- semperficatholic said Looking at these photos is like peering into Heave...
- Fr Martin Fox said Ann Malley: “…again, Fr. Fox, you reject tak...
- idelsan said I know it’s not the point of the article, bu...
- Fr Martin Fox said Venerator – I commend you for your research....
- robtbrown said un-ionized says: robtbrown, that’s what you would...
- St-Polycarp said The ushers at our parish have the annoying habit o...
- Athelstan said Traductura, One reason is that they are very isola...
- leftycbd said Reading the comments here about row-by-row communi...
- Sixupman said Pre-war [II] the Anglo-Catholics used a vernacular...
- RobW said I miss him too.
- JabbaPapa said glennbcnu : only former Anglicans can become membe...
- JabbaPapa said Damian Thompson is being, as usual, pessimistic to...
- boxerpaws63 said “If you believe I, Martin Fox, will determin...
- boxerpaws63 said “I know many who won’t vote or who will vote...
- boxerpaws63 said agree very much with Anna 6 who said it beautifull...
- MrsMacD said I seem to remember Pope Benedict being highly crit...
- SKAY said Father Fox said: “This is not a new problem,...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “And, she has twist on the Letters in the fo...
- un-ionized said And the presence of the adoring Marketwatch fan cl...
- un-ionized said robtbrown, that’s what you would gather from...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Martin Fox, Thank you for linking a concrete e...
- William Tighe said There is no such thing as “the Eastern Rite;...
- Dave N. said According to the Ordinariate website, “regul...
- robtbrown said un-ionized, 1. Value investing involves heavy res...
- stephen c said The Bible is quite clear that Peter, after using a...
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 15th Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Church, Peter’s Barque
- Photos from a Mass of Reparation for sacrileges and blasphemies
- UK Ordinariate… Quo?
- ACTION ITEM: Prayers after Earthquake near Norcia, Italy
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft the love of Your Name into our hearts
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project!
- PROXIMA b!
- Screwtape’s letter to Bitterwench
- Benedict explains more about why he abdicated
- Si vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, ready war.
- Monstrous Soros spent $650K to tame US bishops
- My View For Awhile: Inertia Edition
- Wherein Fr. Z asks readers to offer the Fishwrap some constructive help
- ASK FATHER: Only half-way decent parish near us is still not good. What to do?
- New scientific study concludes NOT “born that way”
- A proposal for wymynpriests
- PRP: 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- ASK FATHER: Converts trying to make 1st Confession –
- Detroit’s crafty new tax on churches
- 22 August: Immaculate Heart and Queenship of Mary
- Reader Feedback
- Must. Have. One.
- The USA Solar Eclipse of 2017 – signs in the heavens
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- A blast from the not too distant past
- Pope Francis’ Angelus: “our life is not a video game or a soap opera; our life is serious”
- ASK FATHER: People say Mass prayers together with the priest
- POLL: For whom will you vote in the 2016 Presidential Election?
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- New art from Daniel Mitsui: The Mass of St Gregory
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Monthly Archives: February 2009
From a reader: When I travel I frequently have to attend NO Masses. Such was the case last Sunday. The parish is liberal and so is the “guest” priest, but I was with a friend, so on I went. The … Continue reading
I had an e-mail which is both sad and uplifting. Sad because the obvious decline of religious life. Uplifting because of the potential and the fact that someone wants to do something about it. Parishes far and wide are trying … Continue reading
Do you say the office, from either devotion and/or obligation? Change your volume and get your ribbons set up.
I have gotten some e-mail about the question sent me about the man who, at the Communion rail during a TLM, stood insisting to the priest that he be given Communion in the hand. Originally I had the combox open … Continue reading
A reader sent a fun note: Father, I saw this prayer on the website of the Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions. As you are well-aware, many members of the Federation are the same people who are on the “progressive” side … Continue reading
We haven’t heard much from His Excellency Archbishop Malcolm Ranjith lately. He is the indomitable and clear-thinking Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments. CWN has posted that Archbp. Ranjith wrote a forward to a … Continue reading
A tip of the biretta to Vincenzo for alerting us to this glimpse of Mel Gibson’s new movie! THE COLONEL (WARNING: Some scenes may be disturbing.) [youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1nluSJfxCg]
This is hilarious. His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Tim Finigan, who was recently the object of a mean-spirited hit-piece by Elena Curti in the pages of The Tablet, writes: CENSORED! The Tablet have asked me to remove this post because it is … Continue reading
I have had a couple questions via e-mail already about dopey plans in some parishes to empty holy water fonts during Lent and even dopier plans to replace the holy water with sand or dirt. Anyway, some time ago I … Continue reading
From SpaceWeather.com COSMIC COINCIDENCE: What are the odds? On Tuesday, Feb. 24th, Saturn and Comet Lulin will converge in the constellation Leo only 2 degrees apart. At the same time, Comet Lulin will be making its closest approach to Earth … Continue reading
I parsed Kmiec in TIME. Take a look at these pieces by Card. Ruini and Card. Scola on secularism. They are posted by Sandro Magister. Lead off: Here is how they see the Church’s role in the public sphere: if … Continue reading
Lot’s of parishes have a car, for the practical use of the staff. This could have been parked along side the Railians at St. Mary’s in Brisbane last Sunday. From one of my daily sites, Engrish.
Not a few people have written me e-mails along the lines: "How could the Holy Father appoint to New York a bishop who celebrated Mass wearing a ‘cheesehead’ hat?" The reference is to Archbp. Timothy Dolan who has been moved … Continue reading
From a reader (edited): I was recently at a TLM. During Communion, a man walked up to the rail, refused to kneel and put his hands out to receive Our Lord. The priest rightly [?] refused him and went back … Continue reading
The Tablet is dedicated to attacking the Holy See on the matter of the unity of the Church if that unity includes traditional Catholics. For The Tablet and some of its contributors, the Church is for the liberally pure. Continuity … Continue reading