When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- greg3064 said I wonder how Michael Sean Winters feels about this...
- rodin said Judging by the recent reports it seems the snakes...
- Geoffrey said Is it me, or does this not tie in with that whole...
- discens said As a New Yorker (naturalized, not native) I’...
- Orphrey said If the Irish bishops are wondering what to do next...
- john_6_fan said It seems like the Catholic notion of Love is lost...
- HCS said The smoke of Satan and Vatican II quote attributed...
- JesusFreak84 said For the women, even if they later on repent of usi...
- ByzCath08 said “What is our response as the laity?” I...
- Max said And now certain German bishops and other apostates...
- JesusFreak84 said Who is doing the writing and where do those texts...
- Evangelizing young people: The power of liturgical signs and symbols… | The American CatholicThe American Catholic said […] at Fr. Z’s blog, there’s a great photo a...
- Ariseyedead said It stands to reason that those who are intending t...
- haydn seeker said I go back to Ireland several times a year. I’...
- Gregg the Obscure said The Church in Ireland was persecuted quite harshly...
- Chrisc said My question is: what is the proper response for th...
- Fr Martin Fox said Father: This all reminds me of the book, The Rhine...
- SanSan said Happy Anniversary Dear Father Z……thank...
- aquinas138 said Though there is some truth to the quasi-adolescent...
- Imrahil said ad 4) As a matter of fact, they aren’t. What...
- jfk03 said The Irish church will continue to exist, but in li...
- ocalatrad said My heart wrenches over this tragedy in Ireland. It...
- TC said I notice they also have an item about a certain pr...
- LarryW2LJ said Several thoughts: 1) The Devil sure must be clicki...
- SanSan said Happy Anniversary Dear Father. How wonderful and...
- kpoterack said Let’s be clear. I am not denying that there...
- benedetta said My goodness, this all seems so very excessively cl...
- SanSan said An entire Catholic nation falls and nothing from o...
- Imrahil said Three points: 1. There is no such thing as a final...
- KevinSymonds said The Vatican has the text of his homily in Italian:...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 2 March 2009
Typical of the shrill dissent sadly … nay rather tragically emanating from many groups of women religious in the United States, some of the liberated religious gals are going to resist the announced Visitation.
The is from the excellent Catholic … Continue reading
Apparently something interesting happened on the waves of Vatican Radio.
Don’t be shocked. It happens.
A Benedictine priest, p. Ildebrando Scicolone, OSB, professor of liturgy at a Pontifical Athenaeum, Sant’Anselmo, was, apparently, on Vatican Radio and, apparently, trashed Summorum Pontificum.
Vatican Radio … Continue reading
SSPX Bp. Williamson is using his blog to think aloud about the poetry of Gerard Manley Hopkins.
This is a good occupation for him.
He concludes his entry:
Could weary men but once more find their wayTo God, how light and fresh would … Continue reading
From a reader:
Hi Father, here is my question: my wife and I regularly attend the TLM. During Mass we share looking after our rather energetic 3-year old. This often leads one of us to be outside of the church (in … Continue reading
A kind reader sent me a translation of the interview Der Spiegel did with SSPX Bp. Fellay, their superior.
My emphases and comments.
Williamson Apology ‘A Step in Right Direction’
Bishop Bernard Fellay, head of the Society of Saint Pius X, has told … Continue reading
We continue our project of looking at the Post communions of Lent:
Monday 1st Week of Lent
This prayer is ancient, found in the Veronese Sacramentary in the month of July. It is in the Liber sacramentorum Engolismensis … Continue reading
Please pray for His Eminence Francis Card. Arinze as he leads the Lenten days of reflection for the Holy Father and the Curia.
Are any of you having trouble with the iTunes feed for the latest PODCAzT?