Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Amateur Scholastic said It should not be forgotten that many liberals want...
- Gerard Plourde said Supertradmum, I didn’t realize you were in t...
- trespinos said Will add a prayer for your return to health, Fathe...
- trespinos said jflare EIT’s have been in the news recently...
- NBW said Good stuff! LCWR is doing copious amounts of yoga...
- Supertradmum said This, imho, is the attitude of those who insist on...
- HyacinthClare said I am excruciatingly not-with-it (perfectly obvious...
- Supertradmum said Gerard Plourde, in some American dioceses, like my...
- Harris said Now I understand the “n0-mass-tay-hers”...
- capchoirgirl said We have NO Mass, in a parish run by Dominicans, an...
- Hidden One said Here’s another, very well hidden problem, at...
- Supertradmum said Gerard Plourde, parishes have been asked to pay fo...
- Gerard Plourde said Supertradmum, I’d like to know more about th...
- Bea said @YoungLatinMassGuy You said: “The entire sys...
- djc said As someone who prefers the NO-done reverently of c...
- chadmyers said “nah-may-st” haha that’s the bes
- Supertradmum said Secular humanism ruined churches and music, all do...
- Tantum Ergo said I use copious amounts of tinfoil for my helmet to...
- Supertradmum said Domestic Augustine, amen and one of my points abov...
- danidunn said Do not repay injury with injury; study your behav...
- robtbrown said Matthew Gaul says: I don’t think it was too much...
- Supertradmum said Prayers
- pelerin said I am presuming this is a spoof video although thes...
- Supertradmum said Gerard Plourde And who is going to pay for a marri...
- Deacon Augustine said I don’t believe there is a priest shortage &...
- Supertradmum said Well, Father, I do not think the Liturgy or priest...
- ChesterFrank said Yes,I too can relate. So much truth was spoken her...
- Johnno said - Catholics don’t know the value of the Euch...
- steveesq said When I was a child soon after the introduction of...
- Mike said It must work in homiletics, too. The celebrant tr...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 4 March 2009
The SSPX in the USA has a monthly newsletter. This month the US District Superior comments on the lifting of the excommunications on the SSPX bishops.
Let’s have a look with me emphases and comments.
District Superior’sLetter to Friends & Benefactors [Note … Continue reading
The University of Mississippi on its website bills itself as "A Great Public University".
I don’t know if they receive public funds or not.
The administration seems to tolerate anti-Catholic bigotry in a paper associated with the University.
The Daily Mississippian is … Continue reading
A new arrival at the feeder.
A bit of a surprise, given how close the feeder is to the house.
This morning I went out to fill the feeder… the critters can drain the feeder in a day … I heard Mr. … Continue reading
Several readers sent me the following, from [Taken from "Mass of Ages" February 2009, The Latin Mass Society’s quarterly magazine].
My emphases and comments.
A Second Western Rising
This article has been written on behalf of the Sisters by a friend and supporter.
At … Continue reading
I am feeling the need for some social activism.
Last night I saw part of a fantastical pre-historic movie in which primitives, oddly more enlightened than we moderns in their pristine innocence, were being chased by and eaten by pre-historic … Continue reading
I also offer this postscript to those who criticize me for taking public stances that may not be popular or “politically correct,” or may not agree with their own personal notions of what “progressive” Catholic doctrine should be. My job … Continue reading
We continue our project of looking at the Post communions of Lent:
Wednesday – 1st Week of Lent
This prayer was in the Liber Sacramentorum Romanae Ecclesiae on the anniversary of a bishop’s consecration. It is in various manuscripts, such … Continue reading