Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Dave N. said What’s “left to fix” are the bis...
- JoyfulMom7 said Sub tuum praesidium confugimus, Sancta Dei Genetri...
- Cantor said Forgive my bluntness, but Mr. Donahue’s cont...
- Bea said Prayers for you . Take care of yourself, Father. C...
- Vecchio di Londra said The Download link usually works reliably on Google...
- Elizium23 said I believe in the tenets of our Church. It’s...
- Scott W. said Well let’s see. –Buffalo got Bp. Malo...
- Vecchio di Londra said Get Well Soon, Father. Psalm 29 said just now for...
- VARoman said I am also blessed to be in the Diocese of Arlingto...
- RJ Sciurus said Ironically, one of Bishop Finn’s first initi...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, “I wonder if the omission of t...
- Hans said It’s lovely. Then again, it’s not too...
- Elizium23 said Hey guys, can’t the EF be offered at a frees...
- MaryW said Memorares offered for your speedy recovery, Father...
- robtbrown said jflare says: Um, frjim, what do you mean by “reser...
- Siculum said @New Sister: That so? Bishop Loverde confirmed me...
- Makemeaspark said Thank you father, worked pretty good, stopped twic...
- New Sister said @ acardnal – I am sorry you had to move away...
- New Sister said Abp Loverde gives the same homily at each Confirma...
- NoTambourines said A few years ago, financial necessity caused me to...
- SKAY said Thank you Father. You are in my prayers as always.
- Makemeaspark said Thank you Fr. Z for posting this, and MikeM221 for...
- acardnal said I lived in the Arlington Diocese for 24 years. Lo...
- LeslieL said Here I am chiming in from Eastern Long Island̷...
- DavidJ said On it!
- kevinm said Thank you Father and I wish you a speedy recovery....
- mburn16 said Looks like the first miracle has cleared the medic...
- jhayes said Beautiful, except the altar railing looks incomple...
- teomatteo said I rarely sit near the back of church but one sunda...
- jhayes said It would be interesting to know if the reproductio...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 4 March 2009
The SSPX in the USA has a monthly newsletter. This month the US District Superior comments on the lifting of the excommunications on the SSPX bishops.
Let’s have a look with me emphases and comments.
District Superior’sLetter to Friends & Benefactors [Note … Continue reading
The University of Mississippi on its website bills itself as "A Great Public University".
I don’t know if they receive public funds or not.
The administration seems to tolerate anti-Catholic bigotry in a paper associated with the University.
The Daily Mississippian is … Continue reading
A new arrival at the feeder.
A bit of a surprise, given how close the feeder is to the house.
This morning I went out to fill the feeder… the critters can drain the feeder in a day … I heard Mr. … Continue reading
Several readers sent me the following, from [Taken from "Mass of Ages" February 2009, The Latin Mass Society's quarterly magazine].
My emphases and comments.
A Second Western Rising
This article has been written on behalf of the Sisters by a friend and supporter.
At … Continue reading
I am feeling the need for some social activism.
Last night I saw part of a fantastical pre-historic movie in which primitives, oddly more enlightened than we moderns in their pristine innocence, were being chased by and eaten by pre-historic … Continue reading
I also offer this postscript to those who criticize me for taking public stances that may not be popular or “politically correct,” or may not agree with their own personal notions of what “progressive” Catholic doctrine should be. My job … Continue reading
We continue our project of looking at the Post communions of Lent:
Wednesday – 1st Week of Lent
This prayer was in the Liber Sacramentorum Romanae Ecclesiae on the anniversary of a bishop’s consecration. It is in various manuscripts, such … Continue reading