Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Majuscule, Yes, of course it is. I’m sorry....
- Legisperitus said Vere dignum et iustum est.
- The Masked Chicken said Okay, now I’m confused. Shouldn’t tha...
- The Masked Chicken said “According to a priest from the FSSP, even t...
- Nicholas said I am glad to read this after a hard test on Commen...
- JesusFreak84 said I saw a subject line in my inbox about a candy bar...
- wmeyer said Flavored coffees are…. distasteful. Coffee...
- Federico said The priest did not get several memos. Redemptionis...
- Mike said The use of the term communitarian as a defense of...
- Burke said It’s ‘Snickering Monk Candy Bar’...
- Geoffrey said “That priest does not believe in the Real Pr...
- CatherineTherese said Upon reading this entry, I found myself spontaneou...
- Imrahil said Rev’d dear Fr Z, no we don’t. I added...
- AnAmericanMother said New Sister, My experience exactly. I was in shock...
- Cajetan said A few years ago I was in New Orleans for work and...
- Gratias said Acción Liturgica has many important links in this...
- New Sister said @ Lavrans – I do not think we can blame the...
- AnAmericanMother said I will note that, within my observation, this only...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Scott W, I’m not letting the priest who...
- TMKent said I too am from Charlotte and took part (for the 10t...
- thomas tucker said Isn’t it ironic that the priest would recomm...
- Gratias said The Bishop was earmarked for this fate already in...
- TWF said Just north of Seattle up in Vancouver, the majorit...
- Tamquam said It is unfortunate that personalities and politics...
- Franko said Little late, but I’d second the advice given...
- Lavrans said Anyone thought, perhaps, both are at fault? The pr...
- New Sister said Boy, there is nothing like the “Left Coast...
- Suburbanbanshee said Well, obviously you _could_ have a perfectly legit...
- Joe of St Thérèse said So much for being pastoral and going out of comfor...
- Lavrans said I have been meaning to ask Father Z, as well as ot...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 4 March 2009
The SSPX in the USA has a monthly newsletter. This month the US District Superior comments on the lifting of the excommunications on the SSPX bishops.
Let’s have a look with me emphases and comments.
District Superior’sLetter to Friends & Benefactors [Note … Continue reading
The University of Mississippi on its website bills itself as "A Great Public University".
I don’t know if they receive public funds or not.
The administration seems to tolerate anti-Catholic bigotry in a paper associated with the University.
The Daily Mississippian is … Continue reading
A new arrival at the feeder.
A bit of a surprise, given how close the feeder is to the house.
This morning I went out to fill the feeder… the critters can drain the feeder in a day … I heard Mr. … Continue reading
Several readers sent me the following, from [Taken from "Mass of Ages" February 2009, The Latin Mass Society's quarterly magazine].
My emphases and comments.
A Second Western Rising
This article has been written on behalf of the Sisters by a friend and supporter.
At … Continue reading
I am feeling the need for some social activism.
Last night I saw part of a fantastical pre-historic movie in which primitives, oddly more enlightened than we moderns in their pristine innocence, were being chased by and eaten by pre-historic … Continue reading
I also offer this postscript to those who criticize me for taking public stances that may not be popular or “politically correct,” or may not agree with their own personal notions of what “progressive” Catholic doctrine should be. My job … Continue reading
We continue our project of looking at the Post communions of Lent:
Wednesday – 1st Week of Lent
This prayer was in the Liber Sacramentorum Romanae Ecclesiae on the anniversary of a bishop’s consecration. It is in various manuscripts, such … Continue reading