Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- PhilipNeri said The Devil whispers, “Sign over your eternal inheri...
- Kevin said Men can do whatever they like with their laws and...
- scribbly said Whilst I was in Papua New Guinea, the Rector of ou...
- Chon said I should have said, “…arrange for expe...
- mburn16 said “We should band together and form and join a...
- Enoch the Sleestak said truthfinder wrote: “I don’t know if it stil...
- Chon said StnyPtGuy said: “If I heard correctly, Abp....
- Chon said Bea, I used to feel the same way, and prayed and p...
- defreitas said Now Brother Thoma… The question is, if one o...
- Bob B. said I don’t understand the people that are so qu...
- Bea said How beautiful. Had a good long cry over what we ar...
- TWF said incredulous: Was King George worse than the pagan...
- dholwell said The Brigittine fudge link is down. Did Fr. Z̵...
- Vecchio di Londra said Just looking at this from the gator’s point...
- Elizium23 said Too bad embedded images are not permitted here. Le...
- jfk03 said In the Byzantine tradition, the first Sunday in Le...
- eiggam said As the sarcastic locked the church at 8pm tonight,...
- RafqasRoad said MBurn16 who commented at #51, You are the first h...
- Michael_Thoma said This is an interesting occurrence non the less. I...
- pannw said That the devil is out there searching for us to te...
- Kindspirit said I guess if you think the Church is a museum piece...
- majuscule said Wonderful! And this from San Francisco: The Tradit...
- Sonshine135 said Father had a great homily and spoke about Satan. T...
- mary said Third week in a row – same message. Sin an...
- Sonshine135 said @Elizium23 You will find this interesting. I went...
- PostCatholic said Please see http://art.thewalters.org/detail/36782/...
- Elizium23 said Thanks for your reply, ByzCath08. I understand whe...
- Gregorius said I thought I read something in St. Thomas posted so...
- JonPatrick said EF Mass, Jesus goes into the desert. The desert ca...
- ByzCath08 said @Elzium23…I don’t know that I would pa...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 5 March 2009
Roughly 3000 people have sent me a note about how Card. Mahony of LA has "banned" SSPX Bp. Williamson from the Archdiocese.
It is to laugh.
New comers to the feeder.
First, our cardinal is shedding his winter plumage and acquiring his colors again.
There are many pairs of doves.
The birds must be migrating back to the area. I have not seen the House Finch since the fall.
And … Continue reading
Pope Benedict has a vision for the Church. We must revitalize our Catholic identity. We must know who we are as Catholics so that we can contribute properly to the public square and shape the world around us according to … Continue reading
In the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worships newsletter for February 2009 there is an update on the status of the new translation of the Missale Romanum now in preparation.
Holy See to Facilitate Expeditious [gotta love it… only a church committee … Continue reading
There are several bishops who could for their excellence merit their own WDTPRS category.
This comes from a reader:
Thought you might like to see that some good bishops are trying to curb any nuttiness regarding sand/rocks/thumb tacks in the holy … Continue reading
From CNS with my emphases and comments.
Southern African bishops seek Vatican OK to keep new Mass translations
By Bronwen DachsCatholic News Service
CAPE TOWN, South Africa (CNS) — The Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference said it made a mistake in giving the … Continue reading
We continue our project of looking at the Post communions of Lent:
Thursday – 1st Week of Lent
Keep in mind that we are also in the context of Ember Week, though that is not a Novus Ordo … Continue reading