You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Imrahil said Dear @Cheesesteak Expert, in the theologian techni...
- Cool Catholic said I wonder how the Pontifical Academy for Latin http...
- Geoffrey said “We need Latin in the NOVUS ORDO.” Yes...
- timothyputnam said Father, My parish has English and Spanish Ad Orie...
- RomeontheRange said YES we need Novus Ordo Latin Masses. It is such a...
- catholiccomelately said Guiseppe, as a Lutheran I never heard of a Luther...
- Ralph said Our bilingual parish is getting a new pastor who o...
- Therese said “They recently started playing drums at my c...
- frjim4321 said “When they see a biretta… when they see a ca...
- StJude said Rob in Maine… looks delicious then I looked...
- Kathleen10 said suedusek, really. How about a bit of understandin...
- Rachel Gohlman said It is true. Every type of person seems welcome at...
- Bea said It IS kind of scary, NBW. This brings to mind the...
- John Nelson said Questiones ullae? Nullae? Bene!
- Kathleen10 said Sounds great to me!
- Catholictothecore said “We can get all excited about the aging hipp...
- Hank Igitur said Reintroduce compulsory Latin classes in all “...
- Athelstan said And Protestants say Catholics don’t know the...
- majuscule said This is off topic but might pertain to the time wh...
- Muv said Jasoncpetty – Spanish is just terrible Latin...
- Therese said I’ll let Pius XII have my say: http://te-ig...
- Therese said It’s wonderful to see the responses to this...
- Cafea Fruor said No, Fr. Z., I meant what I said. I’m always...
- anilwang said APX says: “It’s too bad someone doesn’t writ...
- cathgrl said Supertradmum, Excuse me. I’m on the older en...
- Julian Barkin said Hey Everyone, as much as tooting my own horn deser...
- inexcels said This may be the perfect new background for my desk...
- Cheesesteak Expert said pmullane, abstinence from meat is not fasting. It&...
- Random Friar said Trivia: The “Rosetta Stone” program us...
- FaithfulCatechist said Grammatical gender is largely a linguistic acciden...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Guest Post:
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
- Card. O’Malley to boycott Boston College when they honor pro-abortion Irish PM
- WDTPRS Do It Yourself: Friday after (transferred) Ascension
- I’m feeling bad for the nuns today
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 9 March 2009
Yesterday, today and tomorrow… well … sort of…
Be sure to check out Savage Chickens.
Send to Kindle
Folks, there is so much bad news out there and reasons to get worked up, how about an entry for some good news.
Good news, please!
We need it!
Send to Kindle
From a reader:
On Saturday I had the opportunity to attend the closing Mass of Musica Sacra-Florida’s Gregorian Chant workshop that was held in Ft. Lauderdale Friday and Saturday. The Mass was held at St. Michael the Archangel parish in Miami. … Continue reading
From the Bishop of Kansas City, MO, H.E. Most Rev. Robert Finn. This is published in The Catholic Key.
Bishop Finn on President Obama’s Executive Order
Kansas City – St. Joseph Bishop Robert W. Finn issued the following statement today responding … Continue reading
We continue our project of looking at the Post communions of Lent:
Monday – 2nd Week of Lent
In the 1962MR this prayer was, with a line inserted and a variation, the Postcommunio on 1 January.
The Postcommunion is an ancient prayer, found … Continue reading
UPDATED AND CORRECTED
The Tablet continues in its attempts to intimidate priests in the UK from implementing Summorum Pontificum.
The attack on Fr. Fingan continues in The Tablet week through letters to the editor. Of course the editor chooses which letters to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today, a priest friend of ours took us on a tour of the churches that will be closed. Needless to say, the churches to be closed are the most beautiful churches in the diocese.
I don’t know what … Continue reading
The blog Catholic Church Conservative is all over German issues.
Thanks to a reader who alerted me I learned of a point of consideration in the Diocese of Linz, Austria, where there was a vast and harmful flap about the appointment … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question that arises from something I overheard at an FSSP Mass this morning. When the priest turned to the congregation with the Blessed Sacrament and said "Ecce Agnus Dei, ecce qui tollit peccata mundi", and … Continue reading