It’s BLACK FRIDAY and people are saving a lot today. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- iPadre said Reid and Pelosi, and their entourage had better re...
- Sandy said The Good Lord has worked many huge miracles in rec...
- yatzer said I probably couldn’t afford it, but that thin...
- aleighanne said Please, Please, Please!!!!
- kelleyb said We are blessed to be visiting our brand new grand...
- Mike said While I’m usually not a fan of multimedia em...
- joan ellen said I’d like to say I’ll take one, but it...
- Maximilia said I’ve only been regularly following your webs...
- Imrahil said Dear Banshee, it is quite true that begging was no...
- lucindatcm said Please do them Father! I’m working as an RN...
- Ray said My roots are in St. Louis, Missouri. While in St....
- Imrahil said Dear Chicken, distributism (which is named for a m...
- Rachel K said “Living in grace and virtue while striving i...
- Rachel K said These are great Fr Z, but I am sure they take you...
- Grumpy Beggar said Hey again Kathleen10 . I could say “AMENR...
- acardnal said I find them “Adventageous”. Please...
- Suburbanbanshee said The Proverbs 31 section about the Valiant Woman (w...
- The Masked Chicken said “You would never get a nurse, or a doctor un...
- Riddley said Dear Father, For what it’s worth, this time...
- jameeka said Are you serious??? Father Z, I can’t believe...
- The Masked Chicken said “[So that's what did it! I thought it was yo...
- Jack007 said This the kind of ingenuity that America was ONCE f...
- Ben Kenobi said “everyone who works and performs a job, at l...
- Ben Kenobi said KirkO: There is sufficient land in the US to give...
- Ben Kenobi said Best thing you can do for a poor person is to hire...
- APX said St Alphonsus Liguori also has a wonderful book of...
- acricketchirps said Aw, this is just gonna be pile on Harry Reid until...
- acricketchirps said JF84: Whoa, CCD or French Horn?! Say, didn’t...
- Jackie L said Sadly, the left, in control of the media, will def...
- The Egyptian said don’t worry incredulous, our beloved leader...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- 2014 ADVENTCAzTs?
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Advent: true Advent preparation
- Being a Bill can be hazardous during this Administration
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooow!
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV, loser) v. Card. Burke (Elector, classy)
- Your Good News?
- Of Prayers of Thanks and for the Nation
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 13 March 2009
A fast PODCAzT this time.
I am so grateful to the folks who sent the new microphone and the boom. They really help.
In this session I read Pope Benedict’s Letter to Bishops on the lifting of the excommunications of the SSPX … Continue reading
his Hermeneuticalness posted this notice:
Many thanks to all of you who have sent in contributions for vestments for the Sacred Liturgy via Damian Thompson’s Holy Smoke blog, and Fr Zuhlsdorf’s "pound Fr Finigan" campaign on his blog What Does the … Continue reading
When the wheels come off a train, people get hurt and the capital of an organization is threatened, someone gets blamed. Someone must pay.
The liberals of the secular press and the progressivist element of the Catholic media latched on to … Continue reading
This is on the website of Catholic Action for Faith and Family:
Archbishop Raymond L. Burke Discusses the Canonical and pastoral Aspects of Archbishop Joseph Naumann’s Public Reprimand of Governor Kathleen Sebelius and Her Nomination as Secretary of Health and … Continue reading
The 14 March number of L’Osservatore Romano is on the stands. It comes out around 1700 in Rome the day before. In this issue, the former Vicar of Rome, His Eminence Camillo Card. Ruini, speaks his piece about the Holy … Continue reading
The Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales issued a statement-summary of the Holy Father’s Letter on the SSPX excommunications.
Read this and assess whether it is a true statement of the context of the Pope’s Letter.
Issued by the Catholic Communications … Continue reading
From a reader:
After all of the hubbub of this past week, I learned that this morning, the Connecticut Senate Judiciary Committee has raised Senate Bill 1138, or the "Death with Dignity" Act. The bill is basically an assisted suicide bill.
Text … Continue reading
While the texts and gestures of Holy Mass are fixed in the official liturgical books, many other elements of the sacred action may be adapted to circumstances, cultures and customs.
We have great, though not unlimited, freedom with music, architecture, vessels … Continue reading
George Weigel has predictably chimed in on the Pope’s Letter about the lifting of the SSPX excommunications. He wrote on the site of National Review.
My emphases and comments.
March 12, 2009, 0:00 p.m.
Pope Benedict Explains — and ChallengesHis March 10 … Continue reading