Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. Reader: Not related to the homily. I have always loved the vestments of the deacons.
- Fr. Kelly: Fr. Sotelo says: I don’t think he needs to be anonymous, with a nome de plume. He has nothing to be ashamed of, and he cannot be silenced unless he lives in North Korea or Cuba. We have...
- Rob83: I would not discount the impact of the dissent over Humanae Vitae influencin g the pope’ ;s acquiescen ce to the Novus Ordo the following year. The decree Missale Romanum reads like...
- thomas777: I visit my local parish every morning I work. If you are going to work next door to where God himself lives you might as well take in a visit every morning. It only makes sense. This one...
- robtbrown: surritter says: So this raises a question … if a pope enacts something without full knowledge (such as Paul VI approving the change to the Pentecost octave), is it truly a valid/lici t...
- Kathleen10: The cultural powers use gun control threats to keep us all busy and our minds off the real source of the problem which is all that was stated here and more. This multi-face ted behav...
- Kathleen10: Ooh, that’ ;s good.
- jhayes: Benedict Joseph. Here is an article pointing out that what Francis is quoted as saying (as far as it goes) doesn̵ 7;t differ from Church teaching. What I fear is being missed here...
- tho: The church is suffering under Pope Francis, just as America suffered under Democratic presidents Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama. And we should all remember that Jimmy “I 8217;ll never...
- Kathleen10: Oh the Met gala profanatio n is SO last week! Today̵ 7;s Blasphemy is that God made homosexual s just the way they are and so today the Theology of Lady Gaga has been affirmed in...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Brilliant poem. Thanks so much for posting this, Father!
- Akita: Mr Cliffson, Your stream of consciousn ess could be very compelling if you used shorter sentences. Also, try starting a new paragraph with the introducti on of a new idea. Thanks!
- Huber: “Off the top of my head, I suggest that fatherless homes, drugging children, continuous images of violence in games, artificial entertainm ents on screens, the brutalizat ion of girls...
- JustaSinner: Did Francis say this? Right now we only have the word of the gay man he allegedly made th comment to. As my Mother would have said, “How convenient … 221;
- VP: Immediate blunt force or impercepti ble injection of slow-actin g poison – it doesn̵ 7;t matter. As long as the work gets done. The globalists must be thrilled at how easy Francis is...
- surritter: So this raises a question … if a pope enacts something without full knowledge (such as Paul VI approving the change to the Pentecost octave), is it truly a valid/lici t change?
- robtbrown: Imrahil says: Admitting that I’m not free of subjective feelings in this case, I do not see why memorials of Saints of that importance should a) not be called “feasts” and b) be option...
- Joy65: Just got to keep praying God have mercy on us and on the whole world. PRAY UNCEASINGL Y for all Priests, Religious Brothers and Sisters, Deacons, Seminarian s, our Pope, Bishops, Cardin...
- Fr_Sotelo: Pastor Iuventus is a discerning writer who grasps the crisis of the Church with a keen intellect. I don’ t think he needs to be anonymous, with a nome de plume. He has nothing to...
- Amerikaner: A good Catholic journalist should dig into the names of the persons who approved this. Time to shine a spotlight on those folks.
- tamranthor: Is it hopeless? I don’ t believe it is, but then, I’m not in charge. Hope, pray and don’ t worry are words to live by, but I would add a healthy dose of the Epistle of...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Please, please, my friends, the alleged remark by the Pope doesn̵ 7;t come from a reliable source, but is unverified hearsay by an interested witness. A Mr. Cruz, a...
- tzard: I’ve been explaining to people how these are “cop ycat” ; crimes – a word you no longer hear in the media. I’ve been musing how people of my generation and...
- Benedict Joseph: You’ re a kind man nine man.
- mike cliffson: By no means in conflict with what Fr.Z has written, and most especially loose demons, I often remember that pushing half a century ago as-then Mother Teresa of Calcuta said one...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
- A Pentecost Monday lesson: “And Paul VI wept.”
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: that strong stable edge
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- BACK IN PRINT! The Heresy of Formlessness
- My View For Awhile: Creston Edition
- “I used to think hosts found on floors was Traditional Catholic hyperbole…”
- Monday after Pentecost: Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church – TEXTS
- Bp. Schneider’s terrific talk in Rome – ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: As a lay woman, should I have a “Mass kit” in my “Bug Out Bag”?
- @JamesMartinSJ can also amuse
- I have bad news and good news: Scouts and Troops
- Darío Card. Castrillón Hoyos, former Pres. of the Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei” – RIP
- Bp. Schneider on the Met “Gay-la”
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Peter Kreeft and 2018 Ignatius Pew Missal
- VIDEOS: Lessons in how properly to fold a cassock
- VIDEO: Military pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Fascinating and sad: transcript of 1976 meeting of Paul VI and SSPX Archbp. Lefebvre
- A light TEOTWAWKI moment
- @ArchbishpSample to make liturgical changes in the @archpdx
- “The Council that might have been…” but wasn’t.
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: MALAYALAM
- Justice Thomas delievers commencement address
- ASK FATHER: Timing of announcements during Holy Mass
- ASK FATHER: Religious Ed teacher controls First Communion
- My View For Awhile: Domum
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 13 March 2009
A fast PODCAzT this time.
I am so grateful to the folks who sent the new microphone and the boom. They really help.
In this session I read Pope Benedict’s Letter to Bishops on the lifting of the excommunications of the SSPX … Continue reading
his Hermeneuticalness posted this notice:
Many thanks to all of you who have sent in contributions for vestments for the Sacred Liturgy via Damian Thompson’s Holy Smoke blog, and Fr Zuhlsdorf’s "pound Fr Finigan" campaign on his blog What Does the … Continue reading
When the wheels come off a train, people get hurt and the capital of an organization is threatened, someone gets blamed. Someone must pay.
The liberals of the secular press and the progressivist element of the Catholic media latched on to … Continue reading
This is on the website of Catholic Action for Faith and Family:
Archbishop Raymond L. Burke Discusses the Canonical and pastoral Aspects of Archbishop Joseph Naumann’s Public Reprimand of Governor Kathleen Sebelius and Her Nomination as Secretary of Health and … Continue reading
The 14 March number of L’Osservatore Romano is on the stands. It comes out around 1700 in Rome the day before. In this issue, the former Vicar of Rome, His Eminence Camillo Card. Ruini, speaks his piece about the Holy … Continue reading
The Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales issued a statement-summary of the Holy Father’s Letter on the SSPX excommunications.
Read this and assess whether it is a true statement of the context of the Pope’s Letter.
Issued by the Catholic Communications … Continue reading
From a reader:
After all of the hubbub of this past week, I learned that this morning, the Connecticut Senate Judiciary Committee has raised Senate Bill 1138, or the "Death with Dignity" Act. The bill is basically an assisted suicide bill.
Text … Continue reading
While the texts and gestures of Holy Mass are fixed in the official liturgical books, many other elements of the sacred action may be adapted to circumstances, cultures and customs.
We have great, though not unlimited, freedom with music, architecture, vessels … Continue reading
George Weigel has predictably chimed in on the Pope’s Letter about the lifting of the SSPX excommunications. He wrote on the site of National Review.
My emphases and comments.
March 12, 2009, 0:00 p.m.
Pope Benedict Explains — and ChallengesHis March 10 … Continue reading