- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Priam1184 said What is that relic you have of St. Ambrose? I am...
- Henry Edwards said There’s an old quote regarding the Divine Of...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Narro saepe hanc Augustini historiam discipulis la...
- SKAY said Glennonite expressed my same feelings beautifully...
- Tom in NY said “The memorial of St. Ambrose, bishop of Mila...
- slainewe said @Imrahil You post, “I’ve privately sometimes...
- Janine said thank you Father!
- mamajen said I’m a lip mover, often whisperer (even when...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in…but don’t intend missing AN...
- Netmilsmom said WILL you be at Grotto?
- Phil_NL said Michelle F, I do not think I misconstructed your w...
- Glennonite said I “chime in” because you ask; but know...
- Deirdre Mundy said My Western Civ professor loved this scene–...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Kat: That artwork should not be declared city prop...
- The Masked Chicken said “If you got your hands on a book, you had to...
- Peggy R said I get bothered by thinking of “capitalism...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Torpedo1, Of course, you may use the comment....
- kat said Welcome to Detroit, Father! I love the DIA, but do...
- Nicholas said Of all Pope Francis bashing, this is the most nons...
- Kerry said If the art is auctioned away, will any wealthy lib...
- Netmilsmom said People are forgetting “free will”. Gov...
- PA mom said Mark Steyn has thoughts on the loss of work and it...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Unwilling said To get it out of the way: nothing Francis said can...
- Mike said That any attempt to justify the piece must be made...
- markomalley said Please record a stat for each day this week (even...
- PopeWatch: Deliberate Mistranslation? | The American Catholic said [...] I have been following, and for the benefit o...
- The Pope and Capitalism said [...] Benedict XVI) Vita Consecrata (On the Consec...
- BLB Oregon said I’m a bit uncomfortable with such strong obj...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 24 March 2009
A kind reader sent this:
My translation of the main part of the article on kath.net regarding the reaction of the German Bishop’s Conference to the statement of Mgr. Fellay on the relocation of the ordinations next Saturday: The Society of St. … Continue reading
On the site of the Diocese of Fort-Wayne-South Bend, we find this statement:
It does not have Bishop D’Arcy’s name on it, but it is clear that it is his statement since it is on the diocesan website page for … Continue reading
These little peckers are eating me out of house and home!
In the meantime… before the nasty freezing rain came, there was some sunshine.
Penjing goes out now when the temps rise and there is sun.
Penjing’s much larger cellmate, the Jasmine … Continue reading
I think we are going to see some hard times.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see undesirable groups of people being isolated by "authorities".
There is an interesting piece in Free Republic about how this might be initiated.
It’s called "self-profiling".
Heck… I would … Continue reading
The best of the UK’s Catholic weeklies, The Catholic Herald interviews the great Cardinal Pell, of Sydney, Australia.
He spoke about the issue of Holy Mass ad orientem. My emphases and comments.
Where do you think the liturgical development is heading?
I don’t … Continue reading
I received a copy of the new, updated edition of The Ceremonies of the Roman Rite Described by Adrian Fortescue, J.B. O’Connell & Alcuin Reid. Burns and Oates / Continuum, 2009, 496 pp.
This is the "Fifteenth Edition: Revised and Updated … Continue reading
This just in. At the National Press Club on 25 March, Randall Terry of Operations Rescue will screen an interview with Archbishop Burke:
FROM: PR NEWSWIRE WASHINGTON DC 202-347-5155TO: NATIONAL, POLITICAL AND RELIGION EDITORS:
Archbishop Burke, a Top Official in the … Continue reading
Prof. Ralph McInerny’s comments about the "vulgar lust" on display by the University of Notre Dame’s leadership were excellent. A reader thought you might like some more from him.
This is from the Nation Review site.
Bernie Madoff has declined … Continue reading
Sometime during the night one of your readers put WDTPRS over 6 million visits.
From a reader:
Tridentine Latin Masses in Sweden, Finland, and Estonia
Father Benjamin Durham FSSP will visit Sweden, Finland, and Estonia during the Passion Week leading to Palm Sunday.
This is the schedule:
Heliga Korsets församling, Eskilstuna, SverigeHoly Cross parish, Eskilstuna, Sweden Tue … Continue reading