Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- billy15: This news really, really saddens me. Especially because I was JUST there on Wednesday afternoon with my family. It wasn’ ;t the first time I was at the parish though. In fact, the...
- acardnal: Video from GloriaTV wherein Henry Sire speaks about his previous book “Pho enix from the Ashes̶ 1; at the Roman Forum. HERE
- cengime: Now some people will stop reminding us that they have shady connection s in Italy and won’ t share their secret inside informatio n on the book’ ;s authorship no matter how much...
- JustaSinner: Break the law, boo hoo, Cali does it all the time; sanctuary state anyone? I’m ready to enlist for a civil war in CA; love to break me some Cali stuff!
- mindpopcornball: If this doesn̵ 7;t get a QUICK, FAIR AND THOROUGH investigat ion, adopt a tactic of the left and start picketing the Cardinal 8217;s home and speaking venues because...
- The Masked Chicken: This brings to mind so many thoughts :) 1. Is confession by telepathy valid? 2. Confessing across a prison glass reminds me, for some reason, of the Monty Python skit, “...
- tamranthor: I would be willing to compromise with the state of California , were they to likewise post, in huge typeface, at every office of every doctor and abortionis t in the state, that abort...
- NBW: The hypocrisy runs deep with Cupich; he invites a pro-homose xual priest to speak at Holy Name and urges us to read Fr. MartinR 17;s book and not to judge̷ 0;.Then he swiftly removes a...
- bobbird: PLEASE NOTE: Thomas Woods would be an excellent consultant regarding the dangers of making a federal case out of these issues. The First Amendment, correctly applied and understood within...
- Geoffrey: Wow! I recently purchased “The Knights of Malta: A Modern Resurrecti on” by H.J.A. Sire. Excellent book. Now the “ins ider” ; details outlined in the Order of...
- jaykay: I got the Kindle version of “Pho enix from the Ashes̶ 1; last year, via a quote and reference in Prof. Kwasniewsk i’s latest book which I was reading at the time. I was...
- JesusFreak84: I honestly presumed the author was a member of the clergy, partially because that would have explained perfectly why the author would use (indeed, need,) a pen name to begin with. I...
- JesusFreak84: The Shrine of Christ the King, Sovereign Priest, recently had to relocate its Masses to the social hall, so the only statue in the newly-dubb ed St. Joseph Crypt Chapel is the huge...
- JesusFreak84: I’ve been to events at St. John Cantius on and off, and I’ve heard Father say some things that I think are nutty, (“Po kemon opens your kids to demonic possess...
- tzabiega: In regards to the question why Father Phillips was part of the Resurrecti onists and not part of the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius that he himself establishe d. I have some thoug...
- New Sister: Likening it to a hearing aid is what I first thought of, too… and recalled seeing these inside the confession als at the St Elizabeth Ann Seaton Shrine, Emmetsburg , MD. https:/...
- New Sister: Likening it to a hearing aid is what I first thought of, too… and recalled seeing these inside the confession als at the St Elizabeth Ann Seaton Shrine, Emmitsburg , MD. https:/...
- Ultrarunner: Confession , any way you look at it, appears to be a dying sacrament or at least one on serious life support. Making it highly available and accessible by way of secure digital voice...
- Blackfriar: I should qualify my earlier remark: when I wrote “ 230; no different to a priest hearing confession using a hearing aid” I was referring to the question of validi...
- LaPucelle: March 22, 2018, Thursday, 6-7:30 pm, Rosary Rally against Fr. Martin’s Lenten talk. In front of the Holy Name Cathedral. Fr. Martin promotes the acceptance of the LGBTQ lifestyle in the...
- Hans: We will be veiling statues in my parish for the first time in anyoneR 17;s memory, though the veils are still being made.
- teomatteo: Age? All I know if I had to carve that by hand-by my self- i’d be really old.
- maternalView: Inside and outside the church everything is dumbed down lest we offend someone. This holds true whether it’s a moral principle or simply a preference . It affects all ages too....
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I add the Litany of St. Joseph to my Sunday Rosary, for the intention of the Universal Church, whose patron he is. We could really use his help right now.
- Fr Martin Fox: When I have had occasion to hear a confession through the glass, I cautioned the penitent about the uncertaint y over his confession being overheard. I understand law enforcemen t...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- REALLY BAD NEWS from St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
- LENTCAzT 2018 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Suicidal Secularization v. The Mass
- My View For Awhile: Maternal Edition
- UK: 29 April 2018 – Rosary on the Coast – London Oratory Trip to Ramsgate
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 25 March 2009
I almost forget… today is the feast day of the Good Thief.
In the 2005 Martyrologium Romanum.
2. Commemoratio sancti latronis, qui, in cruce Christum confessus, ab eo meruit audire: «Hodie mecum eris in paradiso».
I find it quite appropriate that today should … Continue reading
I have seen comments from people, here and elsewhere, that Bishop D’Arcy of Fort Wayne and South Bend should hammer the Univ. of Notre Dame, suspend right and left, lay waste on all sides.
Why is it that people think that … Continue reading
Lot’s of people are sending me notes about the MLB decision to have the Tiger’s home opener on Good Friday.
Yes… we are all irritated.
This comes up nearly every year, which shows that…
MLB doesn’t give a damn about people’s religious sensibilities, … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Father Z.,
I am a ninth grade English teacher in a public school (out of 110 students, I have only 17 who are Catholic) who gives twenty vocabulary words to my students each week. On Mondays they are … Continue reading
You might want to check this.
A group of student organizations have issued a statement about the upcoming commencement at the University of Notre Dame, including
Notre Dame Right to LifeThe Irish Rover Student NewspaperNotre Dame College RepublicansThe University of Notre Dame … Continue reading
I understand that there is to be a prayer vigil at the University of Notre Dame as a kind of reparation for the choice to invite one who is the world’s greatest defender and proponent of abortion – who coincidently … Continue reading
A couple observations about the March SSPX ordination madness presently in course.
As you may know, some time ago the superior of the SSPX in Germany, Fr. Franz Schmidberger accused the German bishops of rejecting papal authority. I find that deliciously … Continue reading
His Excellency, the Most Reverend Leonard Blair, Bishop of Toledo, visited St. Joseph’s Church in Toledo and presided at the Extraordinary Form of the Mass on February 22nd, 2009.