BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr Z saying “It is possible to raise questio...
- NBW said Jesus,THE perfect Spouse in every way!
- kay said I went to all girl Catholic high school and when I...
- MmeScherzo said If I had it to do over again, I would have become...
- Muv said JustaSinner… “I carry my knight bag (r...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Aren’t former Anglicans and Episcopalians en...
- Bthompson said Fr Harris is a rockstar to be sure (and +Sartain i...
- Sword40 said Maineman1; I fully understand having to deal with...
- jameeka said Thank you very much, Father Z. Very hopeful, and...
- benedetta said PostCatholic, I don’t regard commenting and...
- PTK_70 said @ Mike….If you’re looking for someone...
- MotherTeresa said Thank you Father Z. I only began attending the TL...
- Mike said . . . the attempt to define in the most precise te...
- PTK_70 said @ Maineman1…Perhaps you should consider upro...
- PTK_70 said Full disclosure….I do not know people with S...
- Fr_Sotelo said “If the doctrinal questions can be worked ou...
- un-ionized said Post catholic, I can appreciate you. I may be in t...
- Joseph-Mary said One of our local parishes invites an out of town p...
- PostCatholic said I’d rather not have a discussion with you in...
- 21stCentury Anglican said What is the difference between a Personal Prelatur...
- Michael_Thoma said I third that view about the EMHC, very out of plac...
- JabbaPapa said robtbrown : What exactly is Ecumenism? No doubt th...
- majuscule said I have to agree about the woman EMHC in white pant...
- benedetta said I hope that for you, being PostCatholic does not a...
- Imrahil said Dear organistjason, take it with a grain of salt a...
- JohnE said God bless you Cardinal Burke!
- Father K said The photo reminds me of Cardinal Cushing at JFK...
- Chatto said Thanks for sharing Father! What a wonderful Mass....
- Father K said Rubrics are not stupid, they are there for a reaso...
- robtbrown said Gerald Plourde says, The ball remains, as it has S...
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- A joyous young woman enters Carmel
- PODCAzT 150: Leo XIII on Right Christian Conduct and the “bent of our age”
- WDTPRS – 11th Sunday after Pentecost: We pray as Holy Church directs, bending our will to hers
- Will SSPX get Personal Prelature? Could be, but obstacles remain.
- VIDEO: Ordinary Form Mass very much in the Roman style
- ASK FATHER: Are your podcasts on iTunes?
- WDTPRS – 18th Ordinary Sunday: cold, clear reality
- 1 August – Madison, WI – Pontifical Requiem at the Throne, “Month’s Mind”
- Wherein Card. Burke greets YOU, the readers of Fr. Z’s Blog
- The ULTIMATE GIFT for a priest revisited: Portable altar from St. Joseph’s Apprentice
- “Sandwiched between two forms of dhimmitude: Koran or Agenda-driven”
- Card. Burke’s new book: Hope for the World – To Unite All Things in Christ
- 27 July: Canon Law Conference – Speculum Iustitiae
- “The shortcut to handling the crisis is to deny that it exists.”
- Bp. Paprocki speaks up about Pope Francis’ remarks on marriage
- 26 July: Canon Law Conference – Speculum Iustitiae
- Two attackers take hostages in French church, slit priest’s throat
- BRICK BY BRICK: A Communion rail restored in a major, historic church
- Who is Sen. Tim Kaine as a Catholic?
- Your Good News
- Z-SWAG: HOLY MASS – TURN TOWARDS THE LORD AGAIN!
- Wherein Fr. Z becomes a fan of the Samoan Rugby Team
- SILENT NO LONGER: A priest speaks out!
- Mike Piazza – Baseball Hall of Fame Speech: “…the greatest gift a mother could give a child, the gift of my Catholic Faith.”
- Latin. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday: Zuhlsdorf’s Law isn’t finished with me yet, CW, and Echolink
- Feminist v. Christian
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- The blog, donations and you.
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Monthly Archives: March 2009
There is an article/interview in the Boston Globe with Denver’s Archbishop, Most. Rev. Charles Chaput. This is not quite prompt, since it refers to 17 March, but it was on the Globe’s site on the 29th. From the blog of … Continue reading
This is in about Archbishop Dolan’s reaction to the coming appearance of Pres. Obama at the Univ. of Notre Dame. From Milwaukee’s TMJ4. Archbishop Dolan: Notre Dame Made a "Big Mistake"By Tim Lethlean Archbishop Timothy Dolan appeared on Today’s TMJ4’s … Continue reading
I noticed this on Rinascimento Sacro. The great Msgr. Bux has given a conference on the liturgical reform of the Second Vatican Council. You can read it in Italian.
In a sort of op-ed cage-match, the Chicago Tribune has back to back editorials on the topic of Notre Dame University’s invitation to President Obama. One is in favor, the other against. One is by Doug Kmiec, the other by … Continue reading
On a distasteful note, in Brisbane, Australia, the way-out-there Peter Kennedy is splitting a group even farther from Holy Church and taking it on the road. My emphases and comments. This is from ABC: A controversial church congregation in South … Continue reading
It is Passion Sunday. From this onward our custom in the Latin Church is to veil statues and many images. Are the images in your church veiled? You might send photos (as attachments). UPDATE: In case anyone wonders why we … Continue reading
Do any of you use an online backup service? What are your experiences?
There is talk that the papal spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, may be replaced soon. Fr. Lombardi is not only papal spokesman, but also head of Vatican Radio. I believe he also has a job in the Jesuit curia. No … Continue reading
From a priest reader: During the Easter Vigil in the ordinary form, when are the lights of the church supposed to be turned on? Ourcustom has been to turn the lights on after the third "Christ our Light"; the rubrics … Continue reading
Most movies are garbage. Some are good. Few are worthy of being carried forward. Which movies/films (not the same) would you desire to see a GOOD… GOOD sequel? Off hand I can think of… Master and Commander (NB: I have … Continue reading
It seems to me that we should have quite a bit of discussion of this dreadful development. It would be a really bad idea for protesters to make asses of themselves, or disrupt the actual event at Notre Dame when … Continue reading
If you were a Cardinal of Holy Roman Church before they started hacking away at the cappa magna and eliminating this and that, … say you were Desiré-Félicien-François-Joseph S.R.E. Card. Mercier (+1926), Archbishop of Mechelen, Cardinal-Priest of S. Pietro in … Continue reading
On an early episode of Battlestar Galactica, the new and embattled president observes that if the human race was going to survive, people better start having babies. We know that a lot of priests and bishops are rather silent about … Continue reading
His Eminence Daniel Card. DiNardo has something to say about the lifting of the SSPX excommunications and the visit of President Obama to the University of Notre Dame. This is in the Texas Catholic Herald. My emphases and comments. A … Continue reading