- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- McCall1981 said I don’t have strong feelings either way on w...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in….
- Venerator Sti Lot said And then there is Becket’s sermon in Murder...
- Dan said Fr. Z, I eagerly await anything from you on EG tha...
- slainewe said The papal exhortation I would like to see would te...
- Robbie said I think the last few weeks have been quite interes...
- Angie Mcs said I listen every single day to your Adventcazts. . T...
- Phil_NL said This is what His Holiness gets – and in this...
- Legisperitus said “Friedrich Press was labeled as one of the &...
- Mike said I’m not exaggerating in any way by this stat...
- robtbrown said Bosco says, ‘Protect the community from scandal’ a...
- amenamen said RichardT : “It therefore seems wrong to fall...
- mr_anthony said Judge Napolitano is great. His commentaries are bi...
- stephen c said to bookworm – , in my experience, almost all...
- The Masked Chicken said BridgetTeresa’s friend said: “Real men...
- Athelstan said Hello Chesterfrank, His Pieta in that church in Dr...
- Athelstan said To protect innocent bystanders, they really should...
- Blasphème architectural | Notions romaines said [...] lecteur a envoyé à l’abbé Zuhlsdorf vi...
- billt said 8-bit Madonna 2-bit artist
- johnnys said Is that a still frame from Night at the Museum?
- eyeclinic said Obviously a Muslim foot washing station. You push...
- ASD said My favorite line from SC § 22.3: Quapropter nemo...
- Nathan said OK, I really, really need my coffee. I just notic...
- Nathan said OK, Father, you got me with this Adventcazt. Not...
- SKAY said I listened. Thank you, Father.
- bookworm said There’s one nagging question I have with reg...
- MacBride said @ Sicilian woman…I was thinking that belonge...
- Ambrose Jnr said This is a pertinent question, Venerator Sti Lot....
- Suburbanbanshee said Happy St. Nicholas’ Day, Father! Nice podcaz...
- Suburbanbanshee said I wouldn’t say “no relationship.”...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: March 2009
It is Passion Sunday.
From this onward our custom in the Latin Church is to veil statues and many images.
Are the images in your church veiled?
You might send photos (as attachments).
In case anyone wonders why we veil statues and images, here … Continue reading
Do any of you use an online backup service?
What are your experiences?
There is talk that the papal spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, may be replaced soon.
Fr. Lombardi is not only papal spokesman, but also head of Vatican Radio. I believe he also has a job in the Jesuit curia.
No matter what… … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
During the Easter Vigil in the ordinary form, when are the lights of the church supposed to be turned on?
Ourcustom has been to turn the lights on after the third "Christ our Light"; the rubrics in … Continue reading
Most movies are garbage.
Some are good.
Few are worthy of being carried forward.
Which movies/films (not the same) would you desire to see a GOOD… GOOD sequel?
Off hand I can think of…
Master and Commander (NB: I have read everything.)
It seems to me that we should have quite a bit of discussion of this dreadful development.
It would be a really bad idea for protesters to make asses of themselves, or disrupt the actual event at Notre Dame when the … Continue reading
If you were a Cardinal of Holy Roman Church before they started hacking away at the cappa magna and eliminating this and that, … say you were Desiré-Félicien-François-Joseph S.R.E. Card. Mercier (+1926), Archbishop of Mechelen, Cardinal-Priest of S. Pietro in … Continue reading
On an early episode of Battlestar Galactica, the new and embattled president observes that if the human race was going to survive, people better start having babies.
We know that a lot of priests and bishops are rather silent about contraception… … Continue reading
His Eminence Daniel Card. DiNardo has something to say about the lifting of the SSPX excommunications and the visit of President Obama to the University of Notre Dame.
This is in the Texas Catholic Herald.
My emphases and comments.
A Shepherd’s Message
By … Continue reading