When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Henry Edwards said The Masked Chicken: “This situation seems a...
- Geoffrey said The Roman Missal for the Ordinary Form says that &...
- Sonshine135 said I actually read the Lifesite interview and the MSW...
- Random Friar said Minor peeve: Folks who begin by “Father, th...
- JPD said I have a canonical question: Is the seal of confes...
- JPD said I know I sometimes commit sins while just waiting...
- JPD said I once saw a Priest and listed my sins in kind an...
- Grumpy Beggar said “Superb”, for sure. Thanks for postin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Yes, we priests can be talky, I readily concede. B...
- Dr. Edward Peters said capchoirgirl, I agree. It can be priests who do no...
- Darren said My biggest wonder sometimes is whether I give enou...
- capchoirgirl said Oh, it’s not just chatty penitents. It’...
- Mariana2 said Dear Vexilla Regis, That’s right : )
- VexillaRegis said Dear mariana2, only seven parishes in your country...
- Dr. Edward Peters said O HOW I WISH CONFESSORS WOULD CUT OFF CHATTY PENIT...
- Imrahil said I’ve heard sometime that “there’...
- MONDAY AFTERNOON EDITION - BigPulpit.com said […] Hazard, Catholic Stand The Profound Dign...
- Gregg the Obscure said I’m a convert and at my very first confessio...
- Gerard Plourde said I think part of the difficulty lies in the confusi...
- Suburbanbanshee said You’re still eating everything put in front...
- Supertradmum said The Masked Chicken, I have many young friends who...
- Sliwka said I was listening to an old episode of the podcast H...
- Supertradmum said I make a list. I prepare what I am going to say be...
- The Masked Chicken said “My mother grew up Catholic, but is still to...
- little women said As a mother, I make my children eat everything tha...
- Gerard Plourde said Just a quick follow-up to my earlier comments. One...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear aquinas138, I concur that Masses occur with s...
- SanSan said God Bless Michael Voris. I support ($) Michael...
- Mariana2 said Loads of us Scandinavian Catholics have (baptised)...
- Sonshine135 said Chicken, This situation is not strange at all. My...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “among so many adversities”
- ASK FATHER: Confessor interrupted and I didn’t get to confess everything
- Lying about Card. Burke
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday of Holy Week
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: March 2009
It is Passion Sunday.
From this onward our custom in the Latin Church is to veil statues and many images.
Are the images in your church veiled?
You might send photos (as attachments).
In case anyone wonders why we veil statues and images, here … Continue reading
Do any of you use an online backup service?
What are your experiences?
There is talk that the papal spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, may be replaced soon.
Fr. Lombardi is not only papal spokesman, but also head of Vatican Radio. I believe he also has a job in the Jesuit curia.
No matter what… … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
During the Easter Vigil in the ordinary form, when are the lights of the church supposed to be turned on?
Ourcustom has been to turn the lights on after the third "Christ our Light"; the rubrics in … Continue reading
Most movies are garbage.
Some are good.
Few are worthy of being carried forward.
Which movies/films (not the same) would you desire to see a GOOD… GOOD sequel?
Off hand I can think of…
Master and Commander (NB: I have read everything.)
It seems to me that we should have quite a bit of discussion of this dreadful development.
It would be a really bad idea for protesters to make asses of themselves, or disrupt the actual event at Notre Dame when the … Continue reading
If you were a Cardinal of Holy Roman Church before they started hacking away at the cappa magna and eliminating this and that, … say you were Desiré-Félicien-François-Joseph S.R.E. Card. Mercier (+1926), Archbishop of Mechelen, Cardinal-Priest of S. Pietro in … Continue reading
On an early episode of Battlestar Galactica, the new and embattled president observes that if the human race was going to survive, people better start having babies.
We know that a lot of priests and bishops are rather silent about contraception… … Continue reading
His Eminence Daniel Card. DiNardo has something to say about the lifting of the SSPX excommunications and the visit of President Obama to the University of Notre Dame.
This is in the Texas Catholic Herald.
My emphases and comments.
A Shepherd’s Message
By … Continue reading