Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iPadre: I believe “end of the world,R 21; no, “end of these times,R 21; yes. At least I hope some of the many prophecies , apparition s, etc… are true. That would mean that...
- semperficatholic: Hahahahaha ! Pathetic!
- jaykay: AtraDicend a: thanks for the Waugh quote – it really encapsulat es the major theme of the whole book. Still, the Flyte family demolish their palatial 18th century London mansi...
- oakdiocesegirl2: I live in Oakland, CA. Today is the fifth day since Paradise (CA) was incinerate d in a few hours and vanished from the face of the earth. A horrible haze has blanketed the Bay...
- jovan66102: Joe in Canada-At least two Bishops of Kansas City, in whose Diocese the offices of the National Catholic Fishwrap are located, have to my knowledged , ordered them to quit using the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I believe I am still blocked by him.
- John UK: @Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: 12 November 2018 at 7:10 PM Memento, tuum esse hodie: Deum glorificar e, Iesum imitari, beatissima m Virginem et Sanctos venerari, Angelos invocare, animam...
- richiedel: It’s important to keep in mind that this list is coming from the same man who is known for blocking anyone and everyone on Twitter who has views divergent from his own, even when...
- scotus: Given that Thomas Rosica is, according to Wikipedia, “English language media attaché of the Holy See Press Office”, is Thomas Rosica issuing this list to all English-sp eaking countries? If...
- ChrisP: Satan always let’ s you know what he’s up to! And yes, I think Rosica is almost perfectly possessed.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you to the reader for his first impression s. A helpful book is “Not hing Superfluou s” by Fr. James Jackson. It is a guide to the Extraordin ary Form, and also...
- Luminis: Is this a joke?? Does any faithful Catholic trust The National Catholic Reporter?? How could you not trust the Register?? I cant stop shaking my head over this. The Reporter needs to be...
- Thorfinn: It can be hard to catch people after any Mass, but particular ly Latin Mass. Some families stay after to pray like it’s going out of style. (Or maybe you do and by the time you...
- chantgirl: Dismas- Agreed about seminary prep. Before going to seminary, our young men need the religious version of SERE training! In all honesty, I don’ t think that our culture is all that...
- JabbaPapa: To suggest that these but not those should be hearkened to, the necessity of not listening to outright heretics withstandi ng of course, is pretty much the nature of anti-Catho licism as...
- LarryW2LJ: Holy Fishwrap!
- hwriggles4: I did see EWTN Nightly News last night. Three observatio ns: 1. Cardinal DiNardo seemed that he wanted to proceed with the planned agenda (same with several others – one bishop...
- WmHesch: The real goal of this talk of “approved websites” is SEO/ link building. It will NOT function as an imprimatur . For example, let’s say a story breaks that’s covered by everyone (e.g....
- hwriggles4: Honestly, I think my Protestant brothers and sisters would find this symbol to be ludicrous.
- Joe in Canada: I thought the National Catholic Reporter was denied the use of the word “Cat holic̶ 1; by the bishop of the place where its headquarte rs are. Has that been changed?
- Dismas: @chantgirl : I should mention that the advice that I was given was only summated here. Fr. knew that I already know enough to guide my family, and so further delving into the gross deprav...
- FrAnt: I’ll remember this list the next time the Catholic Communicat ions Collection comes around. Trusted Sources of Catholic News as Approved by Fr. Anthony I Fr. Z: wdtprs.com /blog Church...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): The Anti-Index !
- Lurker 59: Does the Magisteriu m have the right and responsibi lity to delineate what is and what is not sound authentic Catholic teaching in published materials? Yes. However, this is to be done...
- grumpyoldCatholic: Of course this isn’ t the Catholic church of old Vatican II destroyed it
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
- JUST TOO COOL! Move to rename Hubble’s Law… for a priest
- Contrasts of projected visions of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: April 2009
So… Souter first?
On this feast of St. Pope Pius V (+1572) I drill into one of his most famous acts as Roman Pontiff. Today we look into and listen to his Apostolic Constitution Quo primum, by which he promulgated the editio princeps … Continue reading
Many less predictable things have happened.
I don’t know who wrote/translated this, for the English is not without its problems.
This is from CathNews.
Agca says he is now a CatholicPublished: April 30, 2009
In a letter written from a Turkish prison, Mehmet Ali … Continue reading
Pope Benedict’s general prayer intention for May is: "That the laity and the Christian communities may be responsible promoters of priestly and religious vocations."
His mission intention is: "That the recently founded Catholic Churches, grateful to the Lord for … Continue reading
From a reader in Mexico, a followup on the question about reception of Communion during an epidemic:
I would like to start by saying thanks for the answer you gave me about Communion in time of epidemics and also specially for … Continue reading
Have you ever put a message in a bottle and thrown it into the ocean? Buried it to be retrieved later? Or not?
Message in a bottle from the HolocaustOn September 9, 1944 seven young men buried a message in a … Continue reading
I am all for an identifiable Catholic presence in the public square.
That said, this group is becoming more and more divisive: Catholic Democrats.
Here is their latest defense of Notre Shame, which involves the denigration of Amb. Mary Ann … Continue reading
From The Black Biretta, the blog of Fr. Trigilio:
Tiberius (Gaius Claudius Nero Caesar) on his imperial throne looking at Fr. Z’s scrumptious aviary friends
His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas Tobin, Bishop of Providence, has something to say in the Rhode Island Catholic.
The usual methods of social re-engineering include what I call "creeping incrementalism". You start slowly, not trying to attain everything you aim for … Continue reading
Priest forgives suspect in confessional stabbing
By Rich PhillipsCNN Senior Producer
VERO BEACH, Florida (CNN) — The Rev. Michael Massaro says he has a few aches and pains, but a good night’s sleep has done him some good as he recovers … Continue reading
From a reader:
Mass at the Little Sisters of the Poor, NewcastleTonight there will be a Missa Cantata in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite at the chapel of the Little Sisters of the Poor, Westmorland Road, Newcastle at 7pm. … Continue reading
Many people are e-mailing me about Bishop Finn’s keynote address at the Second Annual Gospel of Life Convention.
Yes, folks. I know. I wrote about this over a week ago here: Bp. Finn: “We are at war” … Continue reading
Pro-lifers assaulted while collecting signatures against abortion
Madrid, Spain, Apr 28, 2009 / 03:24 pm (CNA).- On Saturday, April 25, three volunteers of the Right to Life organization and a Chilean in the town of El Ferrol were victims a … Continue reading
From a reader about the Vidi Aquam and Asperges… not to be confused with the wonderful vegetable:
At nearly every single High Mass I have attended, whether FSSP, ICR or SSPX, including most diocesan TLMs, the High Mass is preceded with … Continue reading