"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- SaintJude6 said Regarding Ambrosio: My grandmother said that, in t...
- Jerry said re: “real life is messy ” Mostly becau...
- Rob22 said The problem is whatever side one is on, this Synod...
- Sam Schmitt said Ambrosio also disparaged the previous papacies of...
- Elizabeth D said I find all this so baffling. Same sex attracted pe...
- The Masked Chicken said I recommend having the choir in the last rows in t...
- The Masked Chicken said The other issue is that if I avoided going to Comm...
- The Masked Chicken said This is a bit confusing. Just yesterday, I submit...
- Jacob said jhayes at 22 October 2014 at 4:22 pm, No, thatR...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Well, Cdl. Kasper said journalists were going to t...
- Jim said This sounds like the parish where I go for daily m...
- little women said In our parish, the director has chosen the “...
- gracie said May I just add – what exactly was Michael Vo...
- Mike said Any cleric who huffs about “liturgical polic...
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says: Pope Francis chose to sp...
- Suburbanbanshee said It is a normal Catholic practice not to receive Co...
- twele923 said And as to the question about omitting a reading: G...
- Back pew sitter said Obviously, the Tom Jones song “I believeR...
- Mary Jane said LOL at the “parking lot facing away”....
- chantgirl said Thanks, Fr Z and SuburbanBanshee, for the informat...
- aviva meriam said ” I alone made the decision so the responsib...
- Devo35 said I was a parishioner of the parish in the town wher...
- IoannesPetrus said acroat: I believe that they probably are as accura...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said The late Fr. Benedict Groeschel, God rest his soul...
- gracie said I saw the video that was taken down. It was factu...
- aviva meriam said There are several priests locally who “occas...
- Choirmaster said Best advice: out of sight. Whatever you can do to...
- Mary Jane said I have traveled to Rome twice, and I always enjoy...
- pseudomodo said I have wondered long and hard about the Holy Fathe...
- Maltese said Lyons says: “See his name badge strap. Voris...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 6 April 2009
This story from The Times is of interest to both the kooky and the well-balanced alike!
My emphases and comments.
From The TimesApril 6, 2009Knights Templar hid the Shroud of Turin, says Vatican
Richard Owen in Rome
Medieval knights hid and secretly venerated The … Continue reading
From a reader:
Having entered Holy Week I’m confronted with an annual problem. What do we do with blessed Palms received on Palm Sunday, or the crosses made with them? They dry out through the week and, inevitably, pile up through … Continue reading
On the blog of the Acton Institute Fr. Robert Sirico has posted his letter to Fr. Jenkins, Pres. of the University of Notre Shame.
My emphases and comments.
Dear Fr. Jenkins:
You are, no doubt, being inundated with letters, phone calls and emails … Continue reading
Sadly I report that an Austin, TX media outlet has posted that the body of the missing Fr. Eurest has been found.
Please pray for him.
Every year I get e-mails about priests who will not hear confessions during the Triduum, especially on Good Friday. They say the directions in the Missal forbid confessions.
Some priests, liturgical experts, and even diocesan liturgy offices wrongly claim the rubrics … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this piece in the Ave Herald:
My emphases and comments in this excerpt.
Fr. Tatman: "We’re Off to a Wonderful Start" Tuesday, 31 March 2009 08:34
It was not a typical parish appointment, and not a typical … Continue reading
A reader sent this interesting bit.
While browsing through my parish’s historical archives (i.e., the closet for all the stuff that no one knows what to do with,) I came across a copy of the parish’s Holy Week schedule from 1943. … Continue reading
Do you remember that Holy Mass for Palm Sunday was going to be celebrated in Providence, RI, in the Braga Rite?
In your goodness would you pray for an intention?
Please pray for Father Robert Parent in Lewiston, Maine. Apparently he collaspsed during Mass on Palm Sunday and was taken to hospital. He is the only priest in the state of Maine … Continue reading
In The Telegraph we find this piece with some good news… and some errors.
My emphases and comments.
Priests stop [is that a use of the imperative?] saying ‘good morning’ to their congregationsCatholic priests have stopped [apparently not...] saying "good morning" to … Continue reading