Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Charles E Flynn: Quo vadis?
- Grumpy Beggar: Two Words Padre : Quo vadis ?
- clare joseph: This was really good, Father, thank you. The chanting was especially good, too.
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z.
- majuscule: ChesterFra nk— I hope you are being facetious!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 15 April 2009
Do you remember that I wryly posted that it will be a pleasure to see priests of the SSPX attending deanery meetings and being elected to presbyteral councils?
Our friends at Rorate are vigilant. They posted this good brick by brick … Continue reading
In the midst of the NYC hoopla, did you notice this item on VIS?
RINUNCIA E SUCCESSIONE DEL VESCOVO DI HONG KONG (CINA)
Il Santo Padre Benedetto XVI ha accettato la rinuncia al governo pastorale della diocesi di Hong Kong (Cina), … Continue reading
The President of Thomas Aquinas College, Dr. Tom Dillon, died in a car accident in Ireland. His wife Terry is in serious condition but is expected to live.
Pray for him and for his family.
Who better than the National Catholic Reporter to bring you this …. hee hee…
My emphases and comments.
Vatican investigates U.S. women religious leadership‘LCWR faces this process with confidence,’ leadership state.Apr. 14, 2009By Thomas C. Fox
The Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of … Continue reading
In the sermon for his installation Mass at St. Patrick’s, Archbishop Dolan nailed his colors to the mast.
I was especially interested in an image he borrowed from the late Card. Cooke, namely, that when it comes to defending the unborn … Continue reading
Here is an interesting note subsequent to this story.
Of interest to the reader of Italian… here is the story from Il Giornale.
Vatican spokesman denies ‘veto’ of Caroline Kennedy
Vatican City, Apr 15, 2009 / 12:45 pm (CNA).- The Director of … Continue reading
You know the old phrase in commercials… "Do not attempt this at home!"
Here is an exception to the rule.
From a reader:
Another fun photo!
This is what our 8-yr-old decided to make today after serving his first two Traditional Latin … Continue reading
From The American Spectator with my emphases and comments.
The Obama Watch
A Blessing for Catholics
By Lisa Fabrizio on 4.15.09 @ 6:06AM
In the 1960s, the American Catholic Church, like the rest of the nation, underwent a period of tremendous upheaval. Proceeding from, … Continue reading
I am sure some of you noticed yesterday that WDTPRS was down for a while. In the evening the blog was down for a few hours. The server was okay, but there was a problem with WordPress.
Many thanks to the … Continue reading
CNA has the scoop on what Archbp. Dolan, now of New York, has to say about Notre Shame.
Archbishop Dolan says Notre Dame’s Obama invite sent wrong signal
New York City, N.Y., Apr 14, 2009 / 09:34 pm (CNA).- Archbishop of New … Continue reading