Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JesusFreak84 said This Sunday was part of the postfeast for the Exal...
- Dialogos said Celebration in the Ordinary Form: Father spoke on...
- gloriainexcelsis said Yesterday the satanic black Mass was to be held in...
- The Masked Chicken said Okay, boys, were gonna go out there and whip some...
- Thorfinn said The homily focused on God’s generosity, and...
- mrshopey said We need to mature spiritually and move beyond merc...
- RJD said NO Mass for 7,000+ by the Bishop. Related the firs...
- wised said A missionary priest was our celebrant this weeken...
- Mike said NO: Not to do the will of God, the vineyard owner,...
- Mike said Philippa Martyr says: EVERY day should be Talk Lik...
- Philippa Martyr said Father talked to us about sins of the mind –...
- John of Chicago said The parable of the day laborers and the landowner,...
- Rob in Maine said The parable of the vineyard workers shows that God...
- JonPatrick said EF Mass, Fr. preached on the Epistle to the Galati...
- PhilipNeri said The whiny vineyard workers use a secular notion of...
- SPWang said (Trad.) Fr. implored us to use the collect from th...
- defend_us_in_battle said The homily at the Traditional Latin Mass was spot-...
- Philippa Martyr said Arrrrgh. The verdict is in, me hearties!
- Philippa Martyr said EVERY day should be Talk Like A Pirate Day …
- Kathleen10 said StephenD, thank you. It is a very interesting dia...
- Giuseppe said Is the new Abp of Chicago friendly toward TLM? I...
- frahobbit said Remembering Fr Z’s words helped me keep my c...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Robertus Pittsburghensis, Thank you for the Latin...
- Stephen D said Kathleen10, Pirate talk is basically west country...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! This is delightfully done! It would be...
- SPWang said just one foot-note, of course… I saw what you did...
- The Cobbler said (Footnote to my more recent comment: I may be misr...
- letchitsa1 said I don’t suppose they could be lucky enough f...
- pannw said LarryW2LJ, Somehow, I have a feeling this isn̵...
- murtheol said Thank you, dear Imrahil, for you solid and polite...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 20 April 2009
Today is the anniversary of the death of Msgr. Richard Schuler, a well-known Church musician and pastor for many years of the Church of St. Agnes in St. Paul, MN.
This was a man who fought the good fight, in hard … Continue reading
Apparently there was a Solemn TLM yesterday in Harrisburg, PA at St. Lawrence Chapel.
The sender wrote:
Though this is an apostolate of the Fraternity, it was the first Solemn High Mass celebrated there since the post-conciliar reforms. For many of … Continue reading
Some recent bird shots at the Sabine Feeder.
You can see that the abundant Goldfinches are going for the gold again.
The Sparrows are back. Perhaps Spizella passerina.
I am not sure who this little guy is. They have … Continue reading
Here is a great photo from St. Norbert’s in Roxbury, WI. This is a solemn Mass with the priests of the Society of Jesus Christ the Priest.
First Holy Communion!
From a reader:
I am a volunteer for the RCIA group in my parish. Thanks be to God, eight were baptized and another twenty-two from our parish were received into the Church at the Easter Vigil. I’ve talked the director into … Continue reading
Under another entry commenter "Allan" posted the following, which is worthy of consideration on its own. My emphases and comments.
I’ve been wondering where to post this, but under the theme of “brick by brick” I think there’s a lesson here … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’ve been attending the Traditional Latin Mass for a while now, and have found many wonderful Catholics there. But today was a shock to me.
The afternoon TLM had been moved to an early-morning time slot to make … Continue reading
The great Bishop Robert Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph, MO, has again struck the nail on the head.
You should read his Keynote Address at the Second Annual Gospel of Life Convention this last weekend. The Catholic Key has the text. … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been searching for the answer to this question but cannot find the rubrics for altar candles.
Is it still mandated that altar candles during mass be of wax, or is it permissible to use the plastic look … Continue reading
I have long argued that Pope Benedict has been implementing a "Marshall Plan" to revitalize our Catholic identity, both for the Church herself and then for what the Catholics can offer the world in the public square. Liturgy is a … Continue reading