Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- acardnal said There’s quite a variety of Chapstick flavors...
- Supertradmum said May God give you rest and tons of energy for your...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Some people who don’t self edit have chosen...
- anna 6 said “constant” barrage … auto correc
- Robbie said This story really upsets me. Among the hierarchy,...
- RJHighland said I loved the Star Trek episode about the planet tha...
- anna 6 said I can’t help it, but when I read this contra...
- Maynardus said “Hello, St. Bozo’s, Father Happy speak...
- Vecchio di Londra said “Taking the Sacrament” is a British English way of...
- kpoterack said Thank you, Jacobi, well said! Digital Catholic, I...
- Long-Skirts said “Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy but...
- tcreek said I have “had” 7 previous popes and cann...
- robtbrown said I have to wonder whether Papa Bergoglio gave the w...
- digitalcatholic said When I was in a youth group in high school, we pla...
- jacobi said Father, Yes, the usual distorted reporting for hea...
- Ganganelli said I think there is some real fire behind this smoke...
- PA mom said Prayers for all of you. It makes me realize how &...
- boxerpaws1952 said Otto,Peter denied Jesus 3x but Jesus still gave Hi...
- snoozie said Fr. Z, if, and I say a big IF this is true (and h...
- HeatherPA said Asking St. Joseph’s intercession for OP and...
- Gaetano said From a legal perspective, the Facebook post is ...
- LeeF said madisoncanonist answered the question that I was g...
- Joe in Canada said “Taking the Sacrament” is a British En...
- Bosco said The Phone Ranger reputedly strikes again. I have...
- pseudomodo said President Obama called me and said I don’t n...
- jhayes said According to Vatican Insider, the woman is not div...
- Shonkin said “No more generic vocation prayers” ...
- YorkshireStudent said Mind you, for all it’s a spurious story OR s...
- Paliakas1 said The Francis effect – the faithful are bewild...
- sw85 said A few points to insist on for all involved: (A) Ev...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- My View For Awhile: Meandering to Roma – Part 2
- Confusion in Telegraph story about Francis and divorce/remarriage
- ASK FATHER: Spouse unwilling to seek convalidation of marriage.
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: April 2009
From a reader in Mexico City on the Swine Flu outbreak.
My emphases and comments.
As you are probably aware by now, there is a very serious influenza (also called swine flu) outbreak in Mexico City, since yesterday we are on alert. … Continue reading
From the "Letter to Benefactors" of the SSPX from SSPX Superior Bp. Bernard Fellay.
Some of the usual stuff, some very good points and finally a great idea.
My emphases and comments.
LETTER TO FRIENDS AND BENEFACTORS … Continue reading
From The New York Post
My emphases and comments:
‘TAMPER WITH MARRIAGE & WE’RE IN BIG TROUBLE’
By DAN MANGAN
April 23, 2009 –
Archbishop Timothy Dolan yesterday said advocates of gay marriage "are asking for trouble," arguing that traditional, one-man/one-woman marriage is rooted in … Continue reading
I had this from a reader, with my emphases and comments.
Does this eye-opening piece by Jeffrey Tucker … at NLM bear further comment?
Can Hymns Licitly Replace Propers?
In short, in 1969 the [Bugnini] Consilium was asked this question. Their … Continue reading
From a reader:
How many parishes observed this feast day of St. Mark with the traditional procession chanting the litany of the saints?
Ours followed a sung ad orientem Novus Ordo Mass with incense and Kyrie (Gr.), Sanctus, Mysterium Fidei, Per … Continue reading
This is in The Telegraph:
Cardinal John Newman poised for beatification after rulingThe Vatican has cleared the way for the beatification of John Henry Newman, the English Roman Catholic Cardinal.
By Simon CaldwellLast Updated: 4:29PM BST 24 Apr 2009
A panel of theological … Continue reading
The other day we were talking about candles and their composition.
You know the old phrase… don not try this at home?
From a priest reader:
Fr Z. now that altars are becoming higher and higher, so to speak, some practical difficulties ensue. I … Continue reading
On the blog Ten Reasons I learned of the following.
I had posted about "Catholic Democrats" here. This is a group that sets polling over doctrine.
Now something is brewing in Ohio.
First, we look at this story in the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Archbishop … Continue reading