Technology is great…

… when it works.

I am fighting with an essential program which is locking up.

Grrrrr.

This entry was posted in SESSIUNCULA. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Technology is great…

1. Banjo pickin' girl says:

I hate technology. I could be the first Amish Catholic. 8-)

People who work with technology are brave.

2. RichR says:

Technology can be a love-hate thing.

3. Don Johnson says:

Get a Mac Father!

4. Brian Day says:

Technology can be a love-hate thing.

Can be? Ya think?

;-)

5. Neish Carroll says:

Hi Father, has the problem been resolved? What program? I’ll try to help if I can.

6. Yes, that is most certainly true.

Have you considered using multiple computer platforms to solve your woes or installing a wireless system in your house. That it would not be necessary for you to fight your main computer all the time.

7. chris p says:

“Get a Mac Father!”

Amen!

8. Bob says:

You could get a CS student for an intern. I hear a lot of them work for free these days, just to get experience and/or academic credit.

9. Joe Gallaher says:

Father perhaps you could pray to St. Isidore of Seville the patron saint of computers.{So, how does Saint Isidore of Seville become the patron saint for the Internet? The Observation Service for Internet, who drew it’s mission from the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, researched the Internet and related technologies to select a patron saint that best reflects the concerns and ideals of computer designers, programmers and users. The saint chosen by the Observation Service for Internet was Saint Isidore. “The saint who wrote the well-known ‘Etymologies’ (a type of dictionary), gave his work a structure akin to that of the database. He began a system of thought known today as ‘flashes;’ it is very modern, notwithstanding the fact it was discovered in the sixth century. Saint Isidore accomplished his work with great coherence: it is complete and its features are complementary in themselves.} Taken from St.Charles Borromeo Catholic Church website

10. Mike C says:

“Get a Mac Father”

Couldn’t disagree more. Use the tool that is best suited to job at hand. If it’s a Mac, great (sort of). But it might be Windows or Linux or a Blackberry. Just curious father: which essential program might be giving you problems?

11. I love technology, but when it goes haywire I hate it and tell my husband that in my great-grandparent’s day all they had to do was milk the cow. They did not have to suffer all the problems of broken down technology.

12. Mitch_WA says:

Father this might cheer you up after your technology issues.

Blowing up pesky squirrels. Yep that’s what Spokane, my illustrious city, has decided to do, don’t catch them, shoot them, or posion them. Just blow them up. Since I know of your squirrel problems I thought you might enjoy this fun little story.

13. Philippe says:

How useful is this kind of “information” to the visitors to your blog, Father? May I ask if this blog about you or about Roman Catholic doctrine, liturgy etc.? [My blog, being mine, is about whatever I want it to be. o{]:¬) ]

14. Mike C says:

Philippe: this info is as useful to the visitors of father’s blog as your local priest’s request for help with his car is as useful to people who attend his Masses. It’s an opportunity for people with computer skills to assist father (assuming he ever indicates what program was frustrating him). I think it’s an unrealistic to expect that every post on a personal blog — and that’s what this is — be profound or reveal truths of doctrine and the liturgy. There are many of those posts to be sure, but don’t get down on the padre for talking technology, Bugatti, or Battlestar Galactica from time to time. If you want all-serious, all the time, check out http://www.ReligiousBookshelf.com and read the daily meditations of Saint Alphonsus.

15. MAJ Tony says:

Comment by Mike C — 14 April 2009 @ 1:56 pm: And contrary to y’all naysayers: there is nothing more stable and productive than 64-bit Windows Vista on a fast machine with modern hardware and device drives.

I guess that explains why when I run it on my MacBookPro via BootCamp, it burns up the computer. It’s a **power hog.** Can’t wait for Win 7. Once I get my VMWare Fusion to operate the Win Vista OS, I’ll be on cloud nine. It will do it, I just have to do some system tweaks.

16. Philippe says:

[My blog, being mine, is about whatever I want it to be. o{]:¬) ]

Sounds interesting. I expected a priest to be less egocentric but my hopes may have unrealistic.