When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Sonshine135 said Everyone please pray for vocations and offer yours...
- Alan22 said I don’t know why I found that clip so moving...
- joan ellen said Francis Cardinal George was one of my most favorit...
- Gaetano said James Cagney and a host of other famous Irish-Amer...
- Gaetano said If that is Makin Island and they are wearing a 27t...
- Kathleen10 said Sometimes I wonder at the prices of things on Amaz...
- Bosco said It may not be her soul, but I agree something is &...
- Julian Barkin said Maybe good Fr Z you couple poke and prod not so ge...
- GypsyMom said This type of thinking on the soul certainly can ex...
- benedetta said Thank you for sharing, Father Z., that was magical...
- Dennis Martin said Well, Chantgirl, I don’t think they’d...
- Siculum said I’d have liked to have that Jeep, on whose h...
- MariaKap said Chantgirl, I’m pretty sure Sr. Joan is ston...
- SKAY said I am so very sorry to hear this. May he rest in pe...
- juergensen said I can’t envision the iPhone generation winni...
- pj_houston said Elizabeth D., I really take exception to your accu...
- Tim in Dixie said I got involved with same SF types at the Fishwrap,...
- Supertradmum said She has been off for years. Most religious houses,...
- Grumpy Beggar said The three videos I watched were HOW TO BECOME A L...
- Fatherof7 said He presided at the Mass of the Feast of the Assump...
- Benedict Joseph said It seems too obvious, it must be passé by now, but...
- frjim4321 said The death of any person is a sobering event for ev...
- chantgirl said I’m trying to picture St. Patrick explaining...
- FrDulli said This seems to me Pelagian. Everyone lives and has...
- Packrraat said Very moving to see this.
- mburn16 said Battle of Makin was fought Nov. 20-23, 1943. The 2...
- chantgirl said In another episode of catholic Democrats behaving...
- fionam said “they have grown their souls” Unbeliev...
- Auggie said “Nothing in this universe is so unwise as th...
- yzerman123 said Rather than just put out fires, we also have to pr...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
- ASK FATHER: What’s with all the kissing in the Extraordinary Form?
- ASK FATHER: 58 years old, never confessed, given Communion or confirmed. What now?
- ASK FATHER: Is it okay to have an Armenian Apostolic member as godparent for a Catholic?
- ASK FATHER: Does drinking alcohol before wedding affect validity of marriage?
- ASK FATHER: I made a hasty promise to God. Now what?
- Happy Birthday Holy Father! Benedict XVI – 88 yrs
- ASK FATHER: Marriage in “another suitable place”
- Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga: ongoing synodal process until result is obtained?
- Card. Brandmüller speaks bluntly
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- Regarding recent repasts
- The Wanderer’s Open Letter to Pope Francis
- Pontifical Mass in Hong Kong
- Card. Sarah in a new, wide-ranging interview
- Interesting SSPX development in Buenos Aires
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PETITION TO POPE FRANCIS: Declare St. John Paul II “Doctor of the Church”!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- WDTPRS “Low” Sunday, “Mercy” Sunday, “Quasimodo” Sunday, Sunday “in albis”
- Do you pray for the priests who gave you sacraments?
- It looks like he “judged” after all!
- Card. Napier corrects RNS’s David Gibson about “the Pope’s theologian”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 9 May 2009
The early bird gets the worm… right?
Birds get worms at other times… especially when there has been rain.
Here is a good example.
The alert and noble Robin.
Wary and cunning hunter.
Robins don’t eat seeds. They eat worms, soft fruit and … Continue reading
The fine monks of Saint Mary Magdalene Monastery in Le Barroux, France are traditional Benedictines in full communion with the Holy See.
They have produced a video DVD on their way of life. They sent me a copy. … Continue reading
Prof. Ed Peters, canonist, has been put used his elucubrations to good effect.
He has provided his opinion on why lay ministers of Holy Communion should not attempt "blessings-in-lieu-of-Communion" during Mass.
Frankly, I don’t think the time of Holy Communion is the … Continue reading
A lot of people have written to me with links and asking me to comment on the signed editorial in L’Osservatore Romano on the first 100 days of the administration of President Obama.
Quite a few people are worked up … Continue reading
When you see a person drowning, you will note common traits during their panic. Sometimes they seem to be trying to climb an invisible ladder. Their arms flail and their head is pushed lower into the water.
It … Continue reading
From Newsmax with my emphases and comments.
Obama Adviser: Catholic Church Insulting Jesus
Friday, May 8, 2009 3:06 PM
By: Rick Pedraza
Harry Knox, an adviser to President Barack Obama’s Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, accuses Pope Benedict XVI of "insulting Jesus" in … Continue reading
I went to see the new Star Trek movie yesterday afternoon.
It was rollicking good fun with lots of foreshadowing insider jokes and a few surprises.
Since this is a reimagining of Star Trek for the 21st century they did a few … Continue reading
Many people don’t realize that Holy Church considers some Old Testament figures to be saints with their own feast days. We don’t celebrate them at the altar, but they have a day.
Actually, if there were no other saint in the … Continue reading
I am reposting this after having deleted ALL the comments.
We have heard from time to time that the ordinary of one diocese will not discipline (e.g., deny Holy Communion) to publicly prominent pro-abortion Catholics if they are there in that … Continue reading