- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Supertradmum said I had noted this information of the cult of person...
- everett said In regards to the ad, I use Ad-Block Plus and Nosc...
- Supertradmum said Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta said when visiti...
- benedetta said Ah, it’s the Benedict Effect!...
- Austin Catholics said “Is the problem of world hunger Western gree...
- Ben Kenobi said I’m not paying either the fine or registerin...
- mamajen said Ugh…I understand Pope Francis had to say som...
- Elizabeth D said I am always comforted to see the “no guns...
- ASPM Sem said Meus responsum ad QUAERITUR: Cur non uterque? [eh...
- wmeyer said @Priam, how would the market dominate? Sellers nee...
- mamajen said lol… I’ve been wondering if the “...
- robtbrown said Hans says: Ah, but transitional deacons are transi...
- RosaMystica said And there are more vocations than are being counte...
- Robbie said On the one hand, vocations had to stop falling at...
- jameeka said Agree that it is nice to hear it in the media.
- CatholicLiving said “Where the Bishops boldly proclaim the Faith...
- Hans said Hey, TMC, good to see you still knocking about. W...
- jhayes said Skay is right. The $95 increases to $325 for 2015...
- Mike said I find the adulation of this man very disturbing....
- Fr. Bryan said This must not be forgotten, lest the world’s...
- Father Z responds to Michael Novak | Foolishness to the world said [...] And has some quibbles with it, but here̵...
- iPadre said Not only did he promote the most liberal abortion...
- rhetor said Thanks for the illuminating explanation, Father. I...
- Jaybirdnbham said Thank you for the podcasts, Father. I’ve be...
- ASPM Sem said @Nan, sorry to hear that, I’ll be praying fo...
- Hans said Ah, but transitional deacons are transitional beca...
- Jim of Bowie said Dan, I’m 72 and don’t recall it either...
- robtbrown said should be: what is typically required . . .
- DanW said This is something that has always confused me. I...
- robtbrown said Hans says: And to your mind being a deacon in a se...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 14 May 2009
On the website of the Diocese of Columbus, His Excellency Most Rev. Frederick F. Campbell has spoken about Notre Dame.
The Concern at the University of Notre DameBy The Most Reverend Frederick F. Campbell, D.D., Ph.D.Bishop of Columbus
Undoubtedly, you have heard … Continue reading
From a reader…. what I am assuming is the text prepared by the University of Notre Dame for bestowing an the honor of a doctorate of law on President Obama.
"At the 164th Commencement The May Exercises
The University of Notre Dame … Continue reading
May 12, 2009, 11:42 am Vatican Reveals Letter That Split England From Roman Church By ELISABETTA POVOLEDO
The Vatican has opened its Secret Archives, the repository of centuries worth of documents pertaining to the Holy See, to let … Continue reading
A great quote:
"This is a highly cynical act, contemptuous of the Church’s prophetic voice in civil society and wagering that there will be no retribution. If a midwestern school seeks attention by granting Mr. Obama an honorary degree in law, … Continue reading
His Holiness is trying to reinvigorate our Catholic identity. If we don’t have a strong Catholic identity, we cannot shape the world around us according to our vocations. We will have nothing of value, as Catholics, to contribute to the … Continue reading
I initially wondered if the White House might not find a last minute emergency which prevented the President from going to Notre Dame. Now I am more inclined to the idea that this is a great opportunity to drive a … Continue reading