You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- BLB Oregon said I have a very hard time with this question because...
- Robbie said I think having the priest face the altar rather th...
- LarryW2LJ said I only mentioned her, Fr. Z because I thought is s...
- mariadevotee said If he is retiring, we would love to have him in Na...
- Choirmaster said @semperficatholic: This is a very nicely written h...
- LarryW2LJ said Thanks Fr. Z! Like night and day from that trash t...
- Joe in Canada said Wonderful! I think sometimes that talking about ou...
- Scott W. said Thanks for posting this. A very timely article for...
- prolifemomri said Those of more willing to do than to pray, wait, tr...
- Athelstan said Hello Legis, I wager you weren’t the only on
- prolifemomri said Practically speaking, I’ve learned from sad...
- semperficatholic said Thanks for posting this. A very timely article for...
- Legisperitus said Honestly, when I was 6 years old and started readi...
- jaykay said Interesting about the black -v- red for senior/jun...
- pmullane said Supertradmum: “The route to holiness must be...
- Supertradmum said We have one priority. To cooperate with God to liv...
- dnicoll said As John Donne may have said: No man is an Iland, i...
- Athelstan said It’s true that the new translation is not pe...
- Midwest St. Michael said Oh man! Thanks for posting this, Fr. Z. :) As a l...
- pmullane said Yes! For someone trying to properly participate, M...
- Navarricano said E-mail duly sent, Father. And thank you very much...
- Supertradmum said Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias, and e-mail sent!
- No Naysayers at NASA: Responding to Bob Seidensticker - BIG PULPIT said [...] Arnold, Catholic Answers Fear Produces Satel...
- Joe of St Thérèse said The most ab libbed part of the Mass I have seen is...
- chriskelly said Father, referring to my previous post – do...
- Woodlawn said Fr. Z said: “Apparently the separation of ch...
- torch621 said @muckemdanno Yes they are in full communion with t...
- jilly4ski said sirlouis, Saint John’s University School of...
- Hank Igitur said Kitchen island? Silly me, I have always thought th...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Monthly Archives: May 2009
There are some things you just can’t make up.
This is in from LA News with my emphases and comments:
Kicking & Screaming: Journo Dragged From Near Air Force One
By CHRISTINA HOAG
Updated 9:08 … Continue reading
A reader has sent me a photo taken clandestinely.
This may explain how the enemy maintains that sustained attack on the bird feeders.
This may even explain why I had no coffee beans this morning!
Some quick shots from the feeder.
There have been a lot of woodpeckers in the last few days and many few finches.
This Red-Bellied Woodpecker triumphantly comes up with a peanut.
Brown Thrasher. What a very different eye they have from most of … Continue reading
From the National Catholic Reporter, the ultra-left wing dissenting weekly, the nearly ubiquitous John L. Allen has some obervations about Pres. Obama and future Ambassador Miguel Diaz.
My emphases and comments.
With Diaz nomination, Obama passes major Catholic test [Passes a… what? … Continue reading
Some thanks are do to readers.First, JP of CA sent a USB hub which has allowed me more easily to connect several webcams for the sake of the Z-Cam. This hub actually works. With the other hub, for one reason … Continue reading
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", it is said.
Beauty beauty cannot be separated from truth.
Some things are simply ugly, both by design and by intention. They are ugly because they are deeply false.
Some "artists" hate their subjects, and … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
Making a visit at a church near my residence, my attention was drawn to a notice posted on the main inner doors, which I reproduce below.
Since the greater the number of people involved in distributing Holy Communion, … Continue reading
After Ambassador Glendon comes … this AP story from a Minneapolis TV channel:
My emphases and comments.
Hispanic theologian from MN college chosen for Vatican ambassador
A Hispanic Roman Catholic theologian who was an adviser to Barack Obama’s presidential campaign will be nominated … Continue reading