Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Kathleen10 said There is no way to protect Jesus from priests who...
- Uxixu said @Charlie Cahill: “I think the only way that...
- Ave Crux said for Philippa Martyr: It’s amusing that one c...
- TWF said Fr. Jim, Communion on the tongue is much more wide...
- Ave Crux said I went to see this movie last night because of it&...
- KM Edwards said @gracie “Think of lending your lawnmower to...
- KM Edwards said @gracie “Think of lending your lawnmower to...
- KM Edwards said You can (and I am encouraging you) all sign a publ...
- JBS said I personally know of two past instances of the Vat...
- wmeyer said I remain happily anachronistic, frjim, and I see m...
- VexillaRegis said Dear tradcathwife, I’m so sorry for you. I...
- frjim4321 said What a disgusting and horrifying development this...
- MAJ Tony said I think the whole case here rests on fraudulent re...
- frjim4321 said Very clever approach. I will be hopeful that thi...
- MAJ Tony said Mr. Foley, RIP, was imbedded with our brigade comb...
- Charlie Cahill said Reintroducing communion on the tongue would not so...
- wmeyer said Adam Daniels, according to an article on Women of...
- kevinm said I lit a candle at Mass today for the intentions on...
- gracie said I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see this...
- Magash said I have seen this statement on abortion in the Unit...
- robtbrown said Which Coming Storm?
- TNCath said Sonshine135 said, “Banning expressions in a...
- Cordelio said Following on Father Martin Fox’s comment, I...
- pigg0214 said I can easily see the judge dismissing the Bishop...
- TWF said Uxixu: No reason why parishes can’t recite b...
- Chon said Ave Crux, you are absolutely correct. And have pe...
- Chon said Slainewe: loved your typo. Yes, the “institu...
- Legisperitus said I suppose the courts would just laugh if they call...
- Uxixu said Definitely should return to near-exclusive Holy Co...
- Marissa said These are the fruits of the Americanist heresy.
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit filed against those attempting Satanic event with consecrated Host
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 June 2009
I am very pleased that Fr. Finelli, aka "iPadre" celebrated his first TLM today and, being tech savvy ustreamed it!
Here is a screenshot.
I captured the stream and put it also on "Father Z TV", the Z-Cam.
Penjing has been outside and is doing very well.. lots of new growth.
"But Father! But Father!", some of you are saying… gesticulating at the screen. "Wasn’t there another tree? It had a funny name… Did you … kill it?"
I … Continue reading
Please pray for the poor people lost on that Air France flight over the Atlantic, as well as all those who have been waiting for them in vain.
I found this on Ten Reasons.
Sign of victory and celebration
From a Rochester (NY) reader:
I was in attendance at Sr. Joan’s 50th anniversary mass at OLOL tonight at 5PM. … During the consecration, [Fr. Lawlor] (as usual) invited the (packed) … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society:
The Cardinal Newman SocietyFor Immediate Release
June 1, 2009
Bishops Who Opposed Notre Dame’s Obama Honor Receive More Than 700,000 Prayers in Thanks
Manassas, Va. – Beginning the weekend of May 31, Pentecost Sunday, the 83 U.S. Catholic bishops … Continue reading
In your kindness would you say a prayer for Roman Sacristan.
Well, this is it. Tomorrow I will be leaving for the monastery.
I will just say that the blog won’t necessarily die, it will go dormant for now. Maybe in the … Continue reading
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR JUNE
VATICAN CITY, 1 JUN 2009 (VIS) – Pope Benedict’s general prayer intention for June is: "That international attention towards the poorer countries may give rise to more concrete help, in particular to relieve them of … Continue reading