HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Semper Gumby: It was probably Fr. Neuhaus who said, “The USCCB is the Democrat Party at prayer. 221; Kevin: Good point.
- Semper Gumby: Good points by Lurker59. Characteri zing Francis 217; pontificat e as “amb iguousR 21; is a fundamenta l error by Douthat. Speaking of error, the USCCB should disband and...
- Transportsjoie: When I deleted my FB account 3 yrs ago, it felt strange at first to not be instantly observed or available to “fri ends” ; or whomever worldwide, but then, life seemed...
- JTH: Are bishops required to adhere to USCCB standards, positions on various topics, donations from diocese coffers, etc.?
- JTH: Reminds me a teenage girl altar server who wore high heel shoes. Still gives me nightmares all these years later.
- ex seaxe: I have seen a boy vesting in the sacristy wearing such shoes, he was spotted and firmly told ‘not in those shoes̵ 7;. That would be about thirty years ago, it’s a long...
- BH: If it isn’ t too late to join this post, my toddler son was recently diagnosed with a genetic syndrome that, while it isn’ t life threatenin g, will impact his quality of life for...
- LeeGilbert: We just finished reading the biography and then the autobiogra phy of St. Anthony Mary Claret. In a way it is both scary and heartbreak ing, because he demonstrat ed what is possi...
- Transportsjoie: I also agree with capchoirgi rl – a book of meditation s… and there̵ 7;s the consoling promise Our Lady revealed to St Bridget that those who propagate devotion to...
- capchoirgirl: Oh gosh, these have been around since my sister was a kid, the early 90s. I think they’ ;re distractin g and not super appropriat e, but then again, I also think that a server...
- jaykay: Jonathan Marshall: I wouldnR 17;t have thought that WhatsApp was in the same league as the others (which I personally avoid anyway)? But yes, no point in supporting them. I’...
- mamajen: Oh my…I can’ t fathom blinking shoes at mass. That said, I am fortunate to attend a wonderful traditiona l parish that has the TLM and a good Novus Ordo and, yes, many altar...
- daughteroflight: Please pray that my diagnostic surgery finds the source of my chronic pain, and that the problem is not untreatabl e. I will pray for everyone else!
- teomatteo: It was Mother Angelica who recounted on her show many years ago, “Som eone told me, ‘Mot her I go to electric church. Now what on earth is an “Ele ctric Church? Well,...
- Jonathan Marshall: Simple. Don’ t use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the rest of the so-called “soc ial media̶ 1;. We all got along perfectly well before these...
- jaykay: ArthurH: “The computer, designed to send destructiv e missals at stragtegic targets 230;” ; Now there̵ 7;s a thought. A pre-emptiv e strike of the tried and trusted Mark...
- iamlucky13: “Fra nkly, I dislike Facebook, always have. I use it sparingly and question why others use it so much. I feel my IQ drop several points a minute while it is open on my screen....
- RLseven: I think that’ ;s a wide stretch 230; how can you know what his intentions were? And, why is anything he or other libs says about trads more a slur than what I’ve read/he...
- Bev: If you want to unplug from social media but still get a stream of your favorite websites, I think the best bet is using a RSS service. I am sure to see all my favorite Fr. Z. posts because I...
- ArthurH: There̵ 7;s a great final line froma cputer in the old movie “War Games.R 21; The computer, designed to send destructiv e missals at stragtegic targets depending on all sortas...
- Josephus Corvus: I’ve not heard about the technique that writer refers to, so I’m going to have to make some assumption s. Assumption 1: The person wanting to poison their account has...
- Hidden One: The quality of a bishopR 17;s conference depends wholly on the quality of the people in it, principall y the quality of the bishops. The bishops of the USA do, in fact, collective ly...
- Hidden One: I don’ t imagine that (for entities that care) it’s terribly hard to get a behavioura l analysis program to recognize when a personR 17;s behaviour suddenly changes...
- carndt: Attended TLM at Queen of the Holy Rosary Memorial Shrine,LaS alle, IL. Mass dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows. After Mass we processed around the block singing songs to Mary. Then a short...
- grateful: Psalm 51 “A clean heart create for me, O God,” ; Fr. asked if we ever pray for a clean heart.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
- Australia: New legislation – priests must violate the Seal or face jail
- What the papalatrous are doing with the term “schism”
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down Those great strong towers of ice and steel”?
- Your Good News
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 2nd Sorrow – The Flight into Egypt
- Tech advice from readers about new computer
- “The Church of priests is coming to an end.” What’s really going on.
- On “Bullshit” and the New ‘c’atholic Red Guards
- Concerning Mutual Enrichment. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 10 June 2009
I had a beautiful note from an SSPX priest (edited): Father, thanks for the reports on the SSPX – Rome developments. It’s great to be able to watch your blog and Rorate Coeli to get the latest. As this progresses, … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson is now the Archbishop of St. Louis. In your charity will you pray for him? Here is his first sermon as Archbishop in case you missed it.
WDTPRS has had something to do with the issue of liturgical translations. But we do like to see the good observations made by others. His Hermeneuticalness has posted a good entry over at his place. Many of us will be … Continue reading
A new visitor to the feeder, whom I have not ever seen. Flicker.
The Catholic New Media Awards are underway. We have been nominated for several categories. VOTING has begun. Will you help WDTPRS? People’s Choice Blog Best Blog by a Cleric Best Blog by a Religious Best Blog by a Man Best … Continue reading
In most cases I refer people with questions about the validity of their marriages directly to a real live parish priest who will be in a position to help them work out any problems they may have. This question, however, … Continue reading
Here is an interesting report of the intrepid Andrea Tornielli in my translation (edited): In the next weeks there will be published a Motu Proprio of Benedict XVI which makes the Commission Ecclesia Dei … an organism of the Congregation … Continue reading
This last weekend I recovered some relics which a friend had had for some years. Included are St. Leo the GreatSt. Thomas AquinasSt. DominicSt. Ignatius Loyola They are all first class relics, from bone. They join the other great saints … Continue reading
Via a reader, from ASCA (my rapid translation from the rather awkward Italian): (ASCA) Vatican City 10 June This morning the Vatican Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith discussed how to begin the doctrinal dialogue with the Lefebvrite Preiestly … Continue reading
I am catching up with the avalanche of news and e-mail by which I have been recently overwhelmed. In the mix I found some stories and links to the blog of Anglican Fr. Jeffrey Steel, of Durham in the UK … Continue reading
A friend asked a question by telephone. A priest in a parish baptized two children using the proper rite for baptism, pouring water properly, but saying "WE baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and … Continue reading
From a reader: I’m curious about traditional parishes (both those which exclusively use the 1962 liturgical books and those which would self-identify as a traditional parish) and adult converts in the US. I don’t have the official documents ready at … Continue reading
A few notes about the SSPX in Germany. I am wondering if there isn’t a coordinated effort to spoil the detante and talks which must take place between the SSPX and the Holy See. First, there comes this from CNS … Continue reading
Please pray for a positive outcome to an urgent and important issue.