You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Tina in Ashburn said Yippee.
- Venerator Sti Lot said A.J. Schulte’s 1907 “Altar (in Liturgy...
- Kathleen10 said What fools we mortals be. We throw away a tapestry...
- Joseph-Mary said My pastor will follow the sacramentary but does lo...
- Nan said @Gail F, you have failed to read the fine print. W...
- iPadre said Since I have been a bit under the weather for the...
- Geoffrey said Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist “ad...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you, cathgrl, that answers my question.
- Jack Phinn said Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we understand t...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I very much hope this poor soul, who committed the...
- cathgrl said A guy walked into a church during Mass and killed...
- Cazienza said APX said: “AT” the altar. This is really starting...
- sirlouis said The full report says that all 178 Latin rite dioce...
- Lucia Maria said This is all really interesting in regards to a pri...
- PostCatholic said I think Mrs Child would be delighted with the anal...
- Scott W. said We should see the survey for what it is: sour grap...
- Paul M. said “No one seems to care that these prayers are...
- maryh said http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2013/05/...
- acardnal said “The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with...
- maryh said Does this work? http://old.usccb.org/romanmissal/s...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL says: Robtbrown His right to receive on...
- Austin Catholics said URL?
- Priam1184 said Entirely correct. If the tabernacle were placed b...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thomas S says: What other acts committed in a chur...
- frjim4321 said Mary, I need to find a text to copy and paste. I w...
- Gail F said Sheesh. I am glad I’m not a priest after rea...
- The Masked Chicken said “The whistleblowers say they aim to provide...
- jhayes said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. R...
- Will D. said Some years ago, the police shot and killed a man a...
- The Masked Chicken said “Indeed. Lay people do not have rights when...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 11 June 2009
Venezuelan minister attacks bishops for their report to the Pope
Caracas, Venezuela, Jun 11, 2009 / 02:50 pm (CNA).- Responding to the address by Archbishop Ubaldo Santana to Pope Benedict XVI during the Venezuelan bishops’’ recent ad limina visit, Venezuela’s … Continue reading
I feel like a university campus telephone pole.
I am being flooded with e-mail about Masses and processions for Corpus Christi, both today and the transferred observance on Sunday.
While this is great, I just can’t post everything, today especially.
Use this … Continue reading
Here is a rapidly made project to take advantage of the fact that today, 11 June, is the 110th Anniversary of Pope Leo XIII’s Consecration of human race to the Sacred Heart.
Today we hear the encyclical Annum Sacrum of Pope … Continue reading
A worthy notice:
The Solemn Mass of Corpus ChristiAccording to the Missal of 1962FeaturingMissa Octavi ToniByOrlando di Lasso(1532-1594)
Gregorian ChantByThe Schola of St. Mary Church
Sunday; June 14, 200912 NoonSaint Mary ChurchCharlotte AvenueKalamazoo, Michigan 49048(269) 342-0621
Benediction will follow the celebration of Mass.
"In this Sacred Heart we should place all our hopes; from it, too, we ask and await salvation." – Leo XIII
Today, 11 June 2009, is the 110th Anniversary of Pope Leo XIII’s Consecration of human race to the Sacred Heart.
Act … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today, June 11, 2009, at 6PM, there will be a Solemn Mass for the Feast of Corpus Christi at the Church of the Holy Innocents (NYC) followed by a Procession in the Church and Benediction. Fr. Richard Trezza, … Continue reading
I keep harping about our Catholic identity.
We must revitalize our Catholics identity or we will not have anything solid to contribute in the public square. If we don’t know who we are, even those who wish to participate in public … Continue reading
Check out my friend Fr. Ray Blake’s look at an address made by Archbishop Jean-Louis Bruguès, the Secretary for Catholic Education to rectors of Pontifical Seminaries.
Excerpt from the address:
Will the educators continue to cling to criteria of admission and selection … Continue reading