Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Supertradmum said Funny, but I took his laying of the pallium on the...
- Derek Brown said Boy, do I miss Papa Benedict. I sometimes fall in...
- Supertradmum said We are going to see more and more of this nonsense...
- Charles E Flynn said I laughed when I saw the Huffington Post article t...
- MrTipsNZ said I’m as tall as Cardinal Pell, have to fly as...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Henry: Thanks for that!
- Geoffrey said Very sad day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGW...
- Henry Edwards said The generous serving of Latin vocabulary evokes th...
- HighMass said I agree Pope Benedict will always be my Papa Also!...
- Ivan said They really outdid themselves on the 1973 ICEL.
- Kristyn said I cried that day after being convinced it wasnR...
- APX said People are so dumb and ignorant. How tall is Cardi...
- AnnTherese said Mocking anyone is unbecoming of a Christian.
- AnnTherese said Imrahil said, “You should know, though, that...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Chaos in high places must not unwatched go. And th...
- cwillia1 said I am no fan of Cardinal Mahony. But he, like Pell...
- jameeka said Two weeks ago, whilst at friday Mass the first r...
- Andkaras said Thanks for the encouragement. I am sometimes a dis...
- Scott W. said Now that’s a prayer with which to detach you...
- albizzi said In addition let’s pray Saint John of Matha b...
- Nicolas Bellord said The prayer appears on page 45 of “A Simple P...
- Derek Brown said It’s nice that Postmaster Baldisseri can tak...
- Dienekes said Good enough for me.
- AlexanderAerarius said There is an tag. Is it enabled in Blogspot posts?
- Geoffrey said Mocking the Holy Father’s medical condition...
- gramma10 said When I was an early teenager I went to a Catholic...
- gramma10 said To avoid a possible gross lunch, the kids should b...
- gramma10 said Wow! This was amazing! The good old days. Values m...
- gramma10 said Thank you! The music and singing lifted me up. It...
- jhayes said kimberley jean, I don’t think ISIS doubted t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: June 2009
From a reader:
As you know, July 1st is the Feast of the Precious Blood in the pre-1969 calendar. Unfortunately, this is one of the "idea feasts" which didn’t make the "expert" cut in 1969 (and the highest-ranking victim of tinkeritis … Continue reading
Today is the consecration as bishop of Fr. Lee Piche. It will take place in the Cathedral of St. Paul, in St. Paul, Minnesota.
In your charity will you please pray for him?
Perhaps you might stop right now and say, right … Continue reading
On the very day the Year for Priests began, I was happily able to post about a nice thing that happened to me on an airplane.
This now comes from the editors of the National Catholic Register with my emphases and … Continue reading
Can anyone identify this bishop?
I am wondering if this isn’t he.
UPDATE: 1 July
All the photos are here.
In December of 2006 I attended a presser on the unearthing, but not opening, of the tomb of St. Paul, Apostle, in the Basilica of St. Paul outside-the-walls.
At that time questions were raised about the opening of the tomb, but … Continue reading
From CNA with my emphases and comments:
Italian newspaper reveals key paragraphs from Pope’s upcoming social encyclical
Rome, Italy, Jun 28, 2009 / 09:45 am (CNA).- The upcoming social encyclical of Pope Benedict XVI "Caritas … Continue reading
From a reader:
Hello Fr. Z,
Just in case no one has sent this to you yet, here is a link to one of many great videos just up on YouTube of the Sacred Music Colloquium in Chicago, done by the the … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I am a priest in my 60’s I remember serving the Tridentine mass. I am interested in celebrating mass ad orientem but I was wondering how. I have some questions.
1. At the beginning of the mass … Continue reading
First, let me say that I was weary of the Michael Jackson coverage before it began.
People are gushing about how Michael Jackson broke racial barriers. "Before there was Oprah… before there was Obama…" blah blah blah.
Have people forgotten Jesse … Continue reading
As you know, the SSPX has the German bishops in a Tizzy because of the ordinations at their German seminary in Zaitzkofen.
To be clear, the SSPX does not have permission from the Church to ordain anyone. The SSPX are suspended … Continue reading