Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- David: The most ominous of the items in that list of interests to me is “Sem inary ReformR 21;. These people know that the single element most destructiv e to their program for the Church...
- TonyO: Egyptian, I think the acronym should be Ass o’US CatP . To pronounce that: (you have to read this phonetical ly) ass o us cat pee. Just doing a public service for geriatrics who...
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Z wrote: …the effect of a Sunday morning Asperges! Amen! [“He y, Scratch! CATCH!R 21;]
- Spade: “Ove r and above that, for a universal Church (in an age of high mobility), the ability to worship in a common language is most important. ” A year or so ago one of my favor...
- Emilio: What I don’t understand is how this event has been allowed to continue all of these years under the leadership of Archbishop Gómez. It’s a yearly nutfest of heterodoxy , disguised as a...
- JesusFreak84: I’m amazed they actually said “ord aining married men” instead of “let ting priests marry.R 21; That’ ;s more accuracy than I would̵ 7;ve expec...
- maternalView: May I suggest that those who wish to be dismissive of your valid points on getting the liturgy right first know exactly what they are doing? They know you are correct. But it takes...
- The Egyptian: [Hey! It’s an abbreviati on!] more like an aberration a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome. synonyms: anomaly, deviation, depart...
- Sconnius: Yeah, the Shrine status left IHM when Fr Mersberger was reassigned to a different parish but our current pastor is working on a small side project to get the status back. Alas, the...
- ChiaraDiAssisi: @ The Chicken, God love you, really. Your comments are always quite informativ e and helpful. While I cannot pretend it wasn’ ;t painful to read your original reply, I bet the...
- rcg: Wow! Nice shooting, Ma Z. I guess it really does take a Spartan woman to bear a Spartan man. (“Z” does not stand for “Zeugma”).
- acardnal: I think folks should Tweet EWTN and thank them for NOT broadcasti ng this event this year as they have done in the past. Mother Angelica would be pleased.
- The Egyptian: Is it just me or is there really nothing on that list that does not counter or at least hint at dissent to the teachings of the Catholic Church?? Ass. of U.S. Catholic Priests, me...
- dbf223: For an event featuring two cardinals and Bishop Robert Barron, that is easily the most hideous website I can even imagine. Is their web designer 8217;s experience all in tinkering with...
- Matthew: I just tuned in to the live stream. The whirling dervishes are whirling and the band is very enthusiast ic.
- teomatteo: oh…i hope i dont get a sour grapes for this but …. what about a tie that is fashion like the flag? i have a papal tie that i wear on occasion 8230; i think a tie would be...
- iPadre: Just the thought makes my skin crawl.
- Fr. Kelly: The more I think about this whole Kerfuffle, the more exercised I get at the hubris of the Communicat ions director, Msgr. Vigano. As far as I can ascertain, these books are lightweigh t...
- Sawyer: For a glimpse of what this conference considers to be “lit urgical music̶ 1; look at the promotiona l music video for this year’ ;s theme song: https://ww w.youtube. com/wa...
- Discerning Altar Boy: I should clarify what I hoped to entail the first time. Those millennial s who do practice the Faith are the most orthodox and traditiona lly-minded subset of the Church....
- The Masked Chicken: It is really hard, sometimes, to make comments on controvers ial topics without becoming uncharitab le and shrill (and even prideful). I think I may have oversteppe d in my...
- Gripen: Well… ;I caved and ordered one, because #payday.
- acardnal: That excerpt from Kwasniewsk i’s book was right on point and demonstrat es the banality of the Novus Ordo mass.
- The Masked Chicken: I think I was a little hard (even condescend ing) with Discerning Altar Boy. I apologize. I, too, admire his enthusiasm . I just wanted to caution a bit about making blanket...
- TonyO: When does the Pope, the preserver of the Catholic faith, get around to declaring Cardinal Kasper a heretic? When does the CDF get around to declaring his works heretical? When do the rest of...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
- LENTCAzT 2018 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Suicidal Secularization v. The Mass
- My View For Awhile: Maternal Edition
- UK: 29 April 2018 – Rosary on the Coast – London Oratory Trip to Ramsgate
- LENTCAzT 2018 28 – Tuesday in the 4th Week of Lent: “They would pay any price for an hour!”
- READER FEEDBACK: “I want to be treated as an adult when it comes to catechesis and the Sacred Liturgy.”
- @CatholicCincy repudiates @JamesMartinSJ et al. homosexualist event
- Priestly Feedback: “entirely familiar realm in an entirely hostile world”
- LENTCAzT 2018 27 – Monday in the 4th Week of Lent: Which of the sons am I?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and a ‘Laetare’ Sunday ROSE POLL
- Bulletin blurb from 1967 from a Long Island Parish
- JUST TOO COOL: Unboxing my new portable altar – UPDATED!
- LENTCAzT 2018 26 – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare: Benedict XVI on confession
- Communion in the hand. Wherein Fr. Z rants and provokes.
- ASK FATHER: Mass without proper gear? Pusillanimous stingy ignorant pride.
- LENTCAzT 2018 25 – Saturday in the 3rd Week of Lent: Stones at our neighbor’s face
- BOOKS RECEIVED and a strong recommendation and a new liturgical rites manual
- 9 March – St. Frances of Rome
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent- Laetare: Prompt devotion, eager faith, here and now
- LENTCAzT 2018 24 – Friday in the 3rd Week of Lent: The massing of our sacrifices
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 1 July 2009
I posted earlier the news that St. Benedict Monastery in Norcia, Italy – the birthplace of St. Benedict – will now be offering Holy Mass in both uses of the Roman Rite.
In the newsletter of the monastery there is an … Continue reading
From Norcia, Italy:
July 1, 2009
July 7th, 2009 will mark the 2nd anniversary of the Motu Proprio of Pope Benedict XVI Summorum Pontificum. For this occasion, the monks of Norcia are pleased to announce a new liturgical apostolate, given to us … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli:
Yesterday morning there was help at the Congregation for Causes of Saints the second meeting of the theological consutors tasked to examine the "Positio", that is the documents and testimonies of the cause for beatification of … Continue reading
Pope accepts resignation of Uruguayan bishop accused of sexual misconduct
Vatican City, Jul 1, 2009 / 02:29 pm (CNA).- Pope Benedict XVI has accepted the resignation of Bishop Francisco Domingo Barbosa Da Silveira of Minas in Uruguay, in accord with … Continue reading
From a priest reader I received a couple liturgical questions. Here is one of his comments:
It does not make sense to me—and it makes even less sense to servers and others—to say we genuflect before and after the Mass, but … Continue reading
Holy Father’s social encyclical to be released July 7 [the same date as Summorum Pontificum, btw]
Vatican City, Jul 1, 2009 / 10:56 am (CNA).- The Vatican has announced that Pope Benedict’s third encyclical, “Caritas in veritate” (Charity in Truth) … Continue reading
In Belfast, Ireland, on 15 August there will be a Solemn TLM.
Saturday 15 August at 4.00pmSaint Patrick’s Church, Donegall Street, BelfastMusic: Mass for Four Voices (W. Byrd), Ave Maria (T.L. de Victoria)Jesu Dulcis Memoria (T.L. de Victoria), Gregorian Chant
Those of you in Ireland, or who are going to be in Ireland, or would like to be in Ireland, there will be a liturgy conference near Cork
The organizers sent a schedule for the two days.
St. Colman’s Society for … Continue reading
From Damian Thompson‘s blog. Be sure to go over and take a look at the comments there, too.
My emphases and comments:
I recently came across this parish magazine article, by a former seminarian called Damian Rhodes, which shows that for some progressive Catholics … Continue reading