Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- mschu528 said His Excellency is in the chapel of the Bp O’...
- David Zampino said Praying, Father!
- guans said For the sake of His sorrowful passion, Have mercy...
- hokiemom said Praying for you, hope you feel better this morning...
- Rachel K said Doesn’t St. Peter’s have a high altar...
- Polycarp said Praying for you. I hope you feel much better soon!
- Rachel K said MikeM221 thanks for the link to the close up of t...
- OrthodoxChick said I have a very arduous chore to tackle today, which...
- bookworm said I recently read “A Canticle for Leibowitz...
- Liz said We are praying for you, Father. I hope you get bet...
- xavier217 said Prayers for your health and ministry.
- lisebaur said I am listening with my teenage sons and I’ve...
- marypatricia said Praying.
- benedetta said Praying you are feeling better this morning.
- Legisperitus said I wonder what church he is standing in. Hope it...
- jflare said “Oh, another reckless misinterpretation of d...
- Netmilsmom said Prayers up!
- benedetta said Sounds like kind of a hit piece on the part of the...
- jflare said Um, frjim, what do you mean by “reservation...
- jflare said “Chantgirl: However, his comments are more e...
- SKAY said Praying for you Father.
- Cathy said Lord Jesus, I pray this day that Father Zuhlsdorf,...
- Mr. Green said Cajuncath: The pope has made a crop of disturbing...
- Uxixu said I’ve been reading the Rule of the Templars w...
- jhayes said tbakker, the conclusion of the John Jay study as a...
- Uxixu said Though I suppose they ARE a barrier, though I gues...
- Uxixu said @Wiktor my parish (built in 1960) has a marble alt...
- kay said Between your LentCAzt and saying the rosary w/othe...
- Patrick-K said Don’t overextend yourself. Have a hot whiske...
- RafqasRoad said Fr. Z., I have just offered prayer for your quick...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 1 July 2009
I posted earlier the news that St. Benedict Monastery in Norcia, Italy – the birthplace of St. Benedict – will now be offering Holy Mass in both uses of the Roman Rite.
In the newsletter of the monastery there is an … Continue reading
From Norcia, Italy:
July 1, 2009
July 7th, 2009 will mark the 2nd anniversary of the Motu Proprio of Pope Benedict XVI Summorum Pontificum. For this occasion, the monks of Norcia are pleased to announce a new liturgical apostolate, given to us … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli:
Yesterday morning there was help at the Congregation for Causes of Saints the second meeting of the theological consutors tasked to examine the "Positio", that is the documents and testimonies of the cause for beatification of … Continue reading
Pope accepts resignation of Uruguayan bishop accused of sexual misconduct
Vatican City, Jul 1, 2009 / 02:29 pm (CNA).- Pope Benedict XVI has accepted the resignation of Bishop Francisco Domingo Barbosa Da Silveira of Minas in Uruguay, in accord with … Continue reading
From a priest reader I received a couple liturgical questions. Here is one of his comments:
It does not make sense to me—and it makes even less sense to servers and others—to say we genuflect before and after the Mass, but … Continue reading
Holy Father’s social encyclical to be released July 7 [the same date as Summorum Pontificum, btw]
Vatican City, Jul 1, 2009 / 10:56 am (CNA).- The Vatican has announced that Pope Benedict’s third encyclical, “Caritas in veritate” (Charity in Truth) … Continue reading
In Belfast, Ireland, on 15 August there will be a Solemn TLM.
Saturday 15 August at 4.00pmSaint Patrick’s Church, Donegall Street, BelfastMusic: Mass for Four Voices (W. Byrd), Ave Maria (T.L. de Victoria)Jesu Dulcis Memoria (T.L. de Victoria), Gregorian Chant
Those of you in Ireland, or who are going to be in Ireland, or would like to be in Ireland, there will be a liturgy conference near Cork
The organizers sent a schedule for the two days.
St. Colman’s Society for … Continue reading
From Damian Thompson‘s blog. Be sure to go over and take a look at the comments there, too.
My emphases and comments:
I recently came across this parish magazine article, by a former seminarian called Damian Rhodes, which shows that for some progressive Catholics … Continue reading