Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- John Grammaticus: So the good Father is not guilty, but kinda guilty and he’l l won’ t be allowed to be a Priest in public. I think that His Eminence the Cardinal Archbishop needs a...
- Eugene: Father if I was to post what I really thought about Cupich and this action I would be banned from your website. May the “prince” get the reward he deserves from Almighty God for this...
- HvonBlumenthal: Does canon law permit the Archiocese to withdraw faculties without cause?
- excalibur: Who is surprised that this Cardinal Archbishop took this route? And now the chopping down of the parish begins in earnest.
- LeeGilbert: Surely this is a huge test for Fr. Philips and Canons Regular of St. John Cantius. If they accept it as if it came from God Himself, they are in the way of untold future blessings. If...
- Dimitri_Cavalli: Around 2002, gay activists wanted to embarrass the Church by outing closeted cardinals and bishops. This scheme was quickly abandoned after the activists realized while indeed...
- Dimitri_Cavalli: Thank you, CandS. I did not mean to imply that McCarrick, Fr. Richard McBrien, Fr. Hesburgh would be listed, or that Church scandals can be traced back to the USSR. As we know,...
- FrAnt: Now that makes it easy to remove a priest you don’t like. Have someone make a false accusation against a priest and he’s out. Doesn’t need to go to civil court, just the bishop. I also find...
- ProfKwasniewski: So typical. It was all a set-up to begin with, to remove one of the humblest and most dedicated workers for the Restoratio n of the Sacred. May God reward a thousandfo ld His...
- stephen c: HvonBlumen thal – I agree with you. I for one believe there are almost as many angels praying for you and for me as there are praying for poor Pope Francis. I have made griev...
- ChrisP: This may change in time. But one does not hold one’ s breath with Cupich in power. Prayers for both Fr Phillips and Archbp. Cupich. May sanity prevail.
- Hb: Shameful but not surprising .
- Rob83: I would be interested in the Cardinal 8217;s explanatio n for his decision, it does not seem logical that a priest would not be given any avenue to having faculties restored due to an...
- RichR: If he does not have faculties in the Archdioces e of Chicago, yet he is a religious priest under his religious congregati on, could another diocese receive him? [Technical ly, yes.]
- Sam Schmitt: To follow up on what Verygratef ul1 wrote, J D Flynn recently tweeted “Sin ce [Fr. Phillips] was not accused of civil or canonical crimes, it is unclear whether a subsequ...
- Joy65: Well God has His reasons and He may be preparing for something even better for him. Praying for this Priest and all those who were in his Parish. God’ s will be done.
- jameeka: Maybe now is the time for the laity to speak up. As Archbishop Schneider says in a recent speech: ‘ “But we have the Faith!” the bishop exclaims. “You have the power, but we have the...
- exNOAAman: Rolling into history. Interestin g. http://sym bolic-mira ge.blogspo t.com/2018 /06/its-ti me-to-spec ulate.html ?m=1
- CandS: I looked over the Russian document from the Wilson Center site. I thought it was going to be a scan of handwritte n notes and difficult to read. It is all typed up in a PDF that can be OCRed...
- maternalView: I’m all for being charitable but there does come a time when you do have to call someone out on their behavior. I have family members who decide to ignore questions put to them...
- Dismas: Vatican I detailed the boundaries of infallibil ity. So, if someone (perhaps not even physically manifest) is determined to push for heterodoxy in the Church, yet is cognizant of an impen...
- maternalView: Everyone around him should be scrutinize d as to whether they knew or participat ed in similar behavior. I believe there are more. The Church will not flourish in the US until we root...
- Dismas: As a survivor of the Rembert Weakland episcopate , I must say that Cardinal McCarrick must have had some serious connection s, dirt, and influence at many levels in numerous places. Every...
- maternalView: Thanks be to God! Prayers were heard! Too late of notice for me to get there this weekend. But I’d sure like to be there for FatherR 17;s first Mass back!
- HvonBlumenthal: It is insufficie nt merely to say the right thing. The right thing has to be said at the right time. The right time in this case was before the vote.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Phillips of @SJCantius will NOT be allowed to return to public ministry after he was exonerated
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 19 July 2009
From a couple days ago.
Penjing is doing well and, aside from flowering a little, has nothing much to say.
Penzai is growing like mad. The pandas, in the shade, are in honor of a friend.
But the real interest in in … Continue reading