Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay, Then let us hope and pray that neither ...
- acardnal said jaykay wrote, “People who live there will fi...
- jaykay said jhayes: the “isolation” you speak of...
- Chuck3030 said Father, did you lose your sermon for this past Su...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay, Thanks for your further response! You say,...
- pjsandstrom said How is progress going on your Doctoral Thesis? Is...
- SKAY said Interesting who else has a problem with Catholic s...
- Brian K said “Still, if you will not fight for the right when y...
- jhayes said Jaykay, I went to a Catholic school for 9 years wh...
- Theodore said My daughter who is an evangelical Christian and wh...
- jaykay said jhayes: not just as black and white as that. Many,...
- Bosco said One word…’Antichrist’
- jaykay said Venerator: sorry, you did ask that before. Not all...
- jhayes said jaykay, I think the starting point is different in...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tina in Ashburn, I don’t think anyone...
- Fr Martin Fox said In my homily, I asked each person present to consi...
- Tina in Ashburn said The Papal Bull Auctorum Fidei Contra Pistoia not o...
- Emilio III said Fr. Pius: When Christ at a symbolic moment was es...
- Imrahil said Is it really so very difficult to recruit the best...
- Mike said This Sunday my pastor, noted that it was Father’s...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay, Thanks for the additional detail! Do you (...
- ckdexterhaven said The John Adams book by David McCullough is an Amer...
- Tina in Ashburn said I love St Joseph, he lends powerful assistance thr...
- Bea said 2 sons visiting for 2 weeks
- Fr. Pius, OP said SimonDodd: I largely agree. The technology is ce...
- JonPatrick said He was born in what is now Quincy (then part of th...
- Charivari Rob said It makes me want to read some history to figure ou...
- jaykay said Venerator Sti Lot asks: “Perhaps jaykay̷...
- RCOkie said Since enough people signed up, our daughter will b...
- robtbrown said Sorry for the delay. Problems here with two rout...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 27 July 2009
The great Fr. Nicola Bux has excellent comments about the reception of Holy Communion. They are posted (back on 20 July) on the Italian language site Pontifex.Roma.
He makes the observation that reception of Holy Communion standing is not necessarily bad. … Continue reading
From a reader:
To begin with, I was born in the late 1970′s in the Milwaukee Archdiocese, so I’ve had my share of erroneous interpretation and liturgical abuse. I have also found small bastions of the OF ["Ordinary Form" or Novus … Continue reading
I am thinking La Porte des Indes on Bryanston Street: 7-ish.
After my errand, I dashed to Marble Arch for my supper appointment.
Now in the bar for g&t with two WDTPRSers!
From a reader:
Is it okay to say the rosary at Low Mass? My Latin is proficient enough to the point where I’ve moved beyond having to rely on a missal. What would be the harm of saying a rosary as … Continue reading
Thinking ahead, anyone want to meet for supper in central London?
Otherwise I may just have a snack and head home.
Might be good to think about that now.
As I eat I am listening to an audio book of Reverse … Continue reading
As I reassess all things WDTPRS…
Is anyone out there savvy enough to make a WordPress theme which looks like the present theme used for WDTPRS but … well… better? Lighter? Widget enabled? Etc?
Drop an e-mail.
Sunday at St. Bede’s in Clapham Park, London included a Missa Cantata in the Extraordinary Form. The celebrant was Fr. Andrew Southwell and the choir, which sings monthly, provided Gregorian chant propers and the Ordinary by Victoria.
Some images and a … Continue reading