Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Menagerie said Please pray for a personal petition I have. I am p...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Ed Peters and Latin Mass Type, I am writing a...
- DonL said With 17,500 garage door sized mirrors blocking the...
- Grumpy Beggar said From the OP : “The Crescent Dunes Solar Ener...
- mpmaron said Please pray my wife reverts.
- steve51b31 said For my friend Jeannie who begins Chemotherapy for...
- steph8kids said Please pray for my family. My husband has been une...
- Gregg the Obscure said Anna – a very pleasant widow who had been ta...
- Allan S. said For my wife who is ill, and for her conversion.
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- KnightOfTruth said I perceive many more prayer requests/needs than la...
- Mariana2 said Very happy to pray for these intentions. Ellen, I&...
- JonPatrick said Please pray for my sons who are discerning vocatio...
- Joan M said Just read all the intentions and offered a prayer...
- Ellen said Pray for me please. I have been diagnosed with de...
- Stephen Matthew said Everything comes with unintended consequences. Pic...
- UncleBlobb said I hope Fr. Z. doesn’t mind, but… I can...
- samgr said With you and Orff on that, Gregorius.
- disco said Held at the shoulders with pins? Pallium? Quite th...
- frjim4321 said How big is this thing? Can they put a mesh screen...
- Kerry said John Patrick, in MN, (land of 10,000 therapies, wh...
- Gregorius said “Olim lacus colueram, olim pulcher exstitera...
- Woody79 said I think it would be beneficial if the President an...
- Suburbanbanshee said Wikipedia says that Bugatti says that the Chiron 1...
- lsclerkin said Father, I have been thinking about this very thing...
- SKAY said Thank you, Father
- Grateful to be Catholic said The sad thing is that this phenomenon has been kno...
- Montenegro said While I’m far from expert, I have worked wit...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Establish, and enforce, a no-fry zone....
- Wendy said Unless my eyes deceive me, I think it’s call...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- SSPX – Schism or not?
- LENTCAzT 17: Friday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Not exactly Crispy Skin Chicken…
- LENTCAzT 16: Thursday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Veyron’s successor?
- 4 March 1865: Lincoln’s 2nd Inaugural Address
- My View For Awhile: Close Call Edition
- Christ’s childhood home found?
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: July 2009
As I reassess all things WDTPRS…
Is anyone out there savvy enough to make a WordPress theme which looks like the present theme used for WDTPRS but … well… better? Lighter? Widget enabled? Etc?
Drop an e-mail.
Sunday at St. Bede’s in Clapham Park, London included a Missa Cantata in the Extraordinary Form. The celebrant was Fr. Andrew Southwell and the choir, which sings monthly, provided Gregorian chant propers and the Ordinary by Victoria.
Some images and a … Continue reading
On 15 August His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn, Bishop of Kansas City, MO, will preside over the ground breaking for a new building for the wonderful community of sister, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles.
I have written of … Continue reading
I have for a while turned off the "open" posting of comments. Right now you must be registered participant to post a comment.
There are a few deeply creepy "green ink" people out there who have an obsessive need to create … Continue reading
I think you have all seen it happen.
As the time for Holy Communion approaches, a small throng of EMHCs troop up into the sanctuary.
On the blog Uncommon Sense there is a proposal, worth reading and passing around. I include … Continue reading
I rather like Southwark… little streets and interesting corners.
I popped into the once-Catholic Cathedral for a visit.
An alert reader sent me the following notice about a comment in a parish bulletin in the Diocese of Raleigh, NC, St. Mary’s in Willmington where Fr. Robert Kus.
Fourth, beginning the last Sunday of August, the diocese will host … Continue reading
I had lunch today with a Dominican from a traditional community in France.
We spoke about the corona, and the communities of religious who still maintain it.
A different sort of corona…
APOD show the total eclipse last week, compliments of God … Continue reading
From a reader (edited):
I am at the [organized thing for seminarians] for the summer and each Friday Holy Mass is celebrated in Spanish. In my estimation, about 20-40 out of 173 seminarians here this summer spoke spanish as their mother … Continue reading
A couple related stories via CNA:
First, a few lines of this… Proposed abortion reduction bill a Planned Parenthood ‘stimulus package,’ bishops’ pro-life official says
Washington D.C., Jul 24, 2009 / 01:13 pm (CNA).- An official with the U.S. bishops’ Secretariat of … Continue reading